Graphic writings left behind by The Covenant School mass shooter leaked, reigniting debate (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SaintForLife

Reaction score
    NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WZTV) — Social media photos claiming to show some of the writings by The Covenant School shooter Audrey Hale are authentic, FOX 17 News has confirmed through a source.

On March 27, Hale – a woman who identified as transgender – entered the private elementary school and opened fire, taking the lives of three children and three staff members. Writings obtained by the Metro Nashville Police Department (MNPD) left behind by Hale have been the source of intense legal and public debate over if they should be released to the public.

In the months following the shooting, lawsuits filed by the National Police Association (NPA), The Tennessean, and Tennessee Firearms Association (TFA) called for the public release of writings left behind by Hale. The school, a group of parents from Covenant, and others have argued the writings should not be released to avoid potential copycats and to allow for closure to the parents who lost children.

A decision on any potential public release remains in the hands of an appellate court judge and was not intended for potential release until a ruling is made.

On Monday, Steven Crowder, host of the Louder with Crowder talk show, leaked images of three of the pages of writings. Their release has prompted a response from new Nashville Mayor Freddie O'Connell, who says he is “concerned.” The mayor has instructed Metro’s top attorney to launch an investigation into the leaked photos.

For some reason the tweet won't post here eventhough the tweet is still active. Weird although I saw that YouTube, Instagram, & Facebook are censoring the information

Here's a screenshot:
    Screenshot_20231108_172930_X.jpg

White privilege. Where have I heard that before?

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WZTV) — Social media photos claiming to show some of the writings by The Covenant School shooter Audrey Hale are authentic, FOX 17 News has confirmed through a source.

On March 27, Hale – a woman who identified as transgender – entered the private elementary school and opened fire, taking the lives of three children and three staff members. Writings obtained by the Metro Nashville Police Department (MNPD) left behind by Hale have been the source of intense legal and public debate over if they should be released to the public.

In the months following the shooting, lawsuits filed by the National Police Association (NPA), The Tennessean, and Tennessee Firearms Association (TFA) called for the public release of writings left behind by Hale. The school, a group of parents from Covenant, and others have argued the writings should not be released to avoid potential copycats and to allow for closure to the parents who lost children.

A decision on any potential public release remains in the hands of an appellate court judge and was not intended for potential release until a ruling is made.

On Monday, Steven Crowder, host of the Louder with Crowder talk show, leaked images of three of the pages of writings. Their release has prompted a response from new Nashville Mayor Freddie O'Connell, who says he is “concerned.” The mayor has instructed Metro’s top attorney to launch an investigation into the leaked photos.

For some reason the tweet won't post here eventhough the tweet is still active. Weird although I saw that YouTube, Instagram, & Facebook are censoring the information

Here's a screenshot:

If you reduce access to guns, you reduce gun violence.

Here's a screenshot:

And?

Here's a screenshot:

You people are so flocking pathetic! What happened to the mental health angle you typically play when someone goes on a shooting spree? Never miss an opportunity to play the victim.
    Any excuse not to address the ease of access to "people killers" AKA guns.

The only notable thing here is the unlawful release. A group of police officers have been relieved of duty until they can be cleared of this. I would assume that whoever is responsible will lose their job. The families of the victims are devastated and had pleaded for this not to be released.

SFL: I’ve never read any of the sick writings left by mass murderers. Why should anyone read this one? What is your point? You never pushed for any other “manifestos” to be made public. What do you think this one proves?

This thread is borderline trolling.

What's the implication, here? That Trans people are a threat to be mass shooters? That "White Privilege" is a dangerous term that motivated this person to commit a mass murder? That people inured in left wing ideology can also be domestic terrorists? I happen to believe that any extremist rhetoric can contribute to events like this one, regardless of political ideology.

What is your conclusion to rhetoric released in this notebook?

Again, I don't think the OP reads what he posts. If you look carefully, too the shooter also used the phrase "bunch of little faggots." So the shooter was also homophobic?

The OP cherry picked "White Privilege" implying that it was somehow the cause or it's phrase that somehow is dangerous and contributes to mass shootings.

I hope that this thread would net some good-faith discussion, but this thread seems more like another Tweet Dump with lots of vague innuendos with no intent on any meaningful dialogue.

Here's a screenshot:

Genuinely asking, what issues are you getting at here? Assuming one is them not releasing the manifesto?

This thread is borderline trolling.

What's the implication, here? That Trans people are a threat to be mass shooters? That "White Privilege" is a dangerous term that motivated this person to commit a mass murder? That people inured in left wing ideology can also be domestic terrorists? I happen to believe that any extremist rhetoric can contribute to events like this one, regardless of political ideology.

What is your conclusion to rhetoric released in this notebook?

Again, I don't think the OP reads what he posts. If you look carefully, too the shooter also used the phrase "bunch of little faggots." So the shooter was also homophobic?

The OP cherry picked "White Privilege" implying that it was somehow the cause or it's phrase that somehow is dangerous and contributes to mass shootings.

I hope that this thread would net some good-faith discussion, but this thread seems more like another Tweet Dump with lots of vague innuendos with no intent on any meaningful dialogue.
    So it’s like all his other posts? 🤣

I still maintain this is the only interesting part of this incident. Evidently there are police officers who don’t believe in our system of justice and wouldn’t follow a judge’s orders. They didn’t want to wait for the judge’s decision. Which is a problem - when the police think they have the right to ignore court orders.

I remember the documentary covering the Unibomber discussing the debate within the FBI to release Kazynski's manifesto. One side was against it, following the logic of "giving in" to a domestic terrorist, the other camp wanted to see if releasing the manifesto would produce a lead. Well, it did and he was eventually caught.

Kazynski wasn't a left-wing terrorist per se, but he was an Eco-terrorist.

This case does not at all compare.

The OP just seems like a SeE TrAnS PeOpLe CaN bE MaSs ShOoTeErS ToO post or some such nonsense.

Both Sides!

There's a great discussion to be had about domestic, political violence, mass violence, guns, etc. regardless of what motivates people to do these things.

The insinuations made in the OP aren't conducive for any meaningful discussion of these issues.

You people are so flocking pathetic! What happened to the mental health angle you typically play when someone goes on a shooting spree? Never miss an opportunity to play the victim.
    Any excuse not to address the ease of access to "people killers" AKA guns.
    Also posted this in the gun control thread

According to this the whole mental health angle is a false narrative
    =============
    In the wake of the Maine mass shootings that left 18 people dead, Republican politicians are returning to a familiar talking point: the way to prevent these frequent massacres is not changing how easy it is for Americans to access guns – it’s locking up more people with mental health issues.…..

Mental health experts have spent years trying to fact-check politicians who blame mass shootings on mental illness, an equation they have called misleading, counterproductive and cruel.

Among them is Dr Paul Appelbaum, a professor of psychiatry at Columbia University and one of the authors of a landmark study challenging assumptions about the connections between mental illness and violence risk.

“The primary misconception that exists among many members of the public is that gun violence, particularly mass shootings, results primarily from mental illness, and in fact that’s not true,” Appelbaum said.…..

What’s the best estimate for how much violence in the United States is linked to mental illness?

Jeff Swanson at Duke published a study that estimated somewhere around 4% of violence was attributable to mental illness, which meant if you could get rid of all the violence that was caused by or related to mental illness, we’d still be left with 96% of the violence in this country. There are lots of reasons to want to provide good mental healthcare, but violence reduction is, in my view, pretty low on the list.…..

If only Tennessee had better gun laws that would have prevented this and other mass shooting. But the gun culture is out of control.
    Strict gun laws prevent mass shootings? I remember reading in the past that quite a few of the mass shooters acquired their guns through legal means and/or were previously reported to law enforcement and they never followed up.

The only notable thing here is the unlawful release. A group of police officers have been relieved of duty until they can be cleared of this. I would assume that whoever is responsible will lose their job. The families of the victims are devastated and had pleaded for this not to be released.

SFL: I’ve never read any of the sick writings left by mass murderers. Why should anyone read this one? What is your point? You never pushed for any other “manifestos” to be made public. What do you think this one proves?
    The only notable thing huh?

I'm curious about why the media seemed so uninterested in this shooter's manifesto whereas in the past if the shooter could be linked to right wing rhetoric they would be very interested. Why do you think the media has little interest in this shooter's manifesto?

Could it be because the shooter was using similar language that Biden and the Democrats use? White supremacy, white privilege...

I remember the media quickly trying to link past shooters with right wing politicians or media members whereas in this case and the congressional shooting where the shooters used left wing rhetoric the media made no effort to link anyone to the violence.

You've never read any manifestos or any writings that shooters have left or posted?

Here's the censorship reporter for NBC News Ben Collins talking in detail about the Buffalo shooters manifesto and trying to link the shooting to Tucker Carlson.

Strict gun laws prevent mass shootings? I remember reading in the past that quite a few of the mass shooters acquired their guns through legal means and/or were previously reported to law enforcement and they never followed up.

Mass shooting exploded once the federal ban on assault weapons ended. Let's reinstate a federal ban on assault weapons and watch how mass shootings go down.

This is why we need stricter gun laws. There was a man who randomly shot and killed a college student just yesterday or the day before. He had been arrested for threatening someone with a gun before and had also fired a gun into a car. He still legally owned his weapon that he used to murder a college student. The laws either aren’t being enforced or they aren’t strict enough. I think once you threaten someone with a gun or fire into a vehicle you should lose your ability to own guns.

The only notable thing huh?

I'm curious about why the media seemed so uninterested in this shooter's manifesto whereas in the past if the shooter could be linked to right wing rhetoric they would be very interested. Why do you think the media has little interest in this shooter's manifesto?

Could it be because the shooter was using similar language that Biden and the Democrats use? White supremacy, white privilege...

I remember the media quickly trying to link past shooters with right wing politicians or media members whereas in this case and the congressional shooting where the shooters used left wing rhetoric the media made no effort to link anyone to the violence.

You've never read any manifestos or any writings that shooters have left or posted?

Here's the censorship reporter for NBC News Ben Collins talking in detail about the Buffalo shooters manifesto and trying to link the shooting to Tucker Carlson.
    Perhaps it is the sheer volume of RWNJ’s and their mass shootings?

Perhaps it is the language of the Velveeta Vulgarian that influenced the RWNJs?

This is why we need stricter gun laws. There was a man who randomly shot and killed a college student just yesterday or the day before. He had been arrested for threatening someone with a gun before and had also fired a gun into a car. He still legally owned his weapon that he used to murder a college student. The laws either aren’t being enforced or they aren’t strict enough. I think once you threaten someone with a gun or fire into a vehicle you should lose your ability to own guns.
    What kind of stricter laws? How would the scenario you listed about threatening someone work? How would one be able to do that an also make sure that someone isn't falsely accused?

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom