Gov. Cuomo is going down (Update: NY AG investigation finds illegal acts; Cuomo resigns) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Good.. I guess an inevitable impeachment got him to move but I really didn't think he would resign.

I didn't expect him to resign so quickly. I guess it was made clear to him that he was going to get impeached and thrown out.

This is my thought. Someone went up to the Gov. mansion and had a Nixon moment. They told him to save himself the humiliation of impeachment.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was his family, maybe even Chris. I'm sure he doesn't want months of bad news coverage about his brothers harrasment, him helping his brother initally and him avoiding the topic on air now. Not a good look for him.

This is my thought. Someone went up to the Gov. mansion and had a Nixon moment. They told him to save himself the humiliation of impeachment.
    Well, SBTB, thats exactly the biggest-and-main difference between Gov. Cuomo's situation of facing impeachment after sexually harassing, molesting, assaulting all those personal aides, political assistants, that female NY state trooper vs. Trump's endless, never-ending cavalcade of crimes committed before, during his presidency whether political or financial, Trump knew in 2018-19 and in early 2021 that most Rep Congressmen and Senators wouldn't vote to impeach or remove him due to his woefully terrible, authoritian dictating and running of the nation as President.

But, unfortunately, its a much more complex, difficult phenomenon with Trump because he embodies so much more then just politics. Its a radical, attempted paradigm-shift change and Trump embodies a hodgepodge of radical, right-wing populism, rhetoric, crude European-styled clumsy forms of corporate fascism thats not well-articulated, well-thought out or has intelligent, charismatic frontmen like Mussolini or Franco. This is more of a George Wallace on steroids sort of far-right, populist sort of fringe movement that had its origins with Nixon's administration decision to court disaffected, angry white Southerners cast off and disowned from the modern Democratic Party (the old "Solid South") in the early 1970's. The " Southern Strategy " and its long-term, perhaps unintended or unknowable consequences, IMHO, is one major reason that explains Trump's appeal and his shocking, unparalleled rise to power.

We're about 2 weeks from Cumo hiring Rudy as his personal attorney.
    Cuomo doesn't need much of an attorney. It's all misdemeanors, except perhaps if he really grabbed a woman's breast, but her account is full of inconsistencies. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a boost from the resignation, because people may view it as him doing the right thing. I wouldn't write his obituary, but the problem is Cuomo has made a lot of enemies within the government due to the way he ran things, and yet he still has decent favorability ratings.

Cuomo doesn't need much of an attorney. It's all misdemeanors, except perhaps if he really grabbed a woman's breast, but her account is full of inconsistencies. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a boost from the resignation, because people may view it as him doing the right thing. I wouldn't write his obituary, but the problem is Cuomo has made a lot of enemies within the government due to the way he ran things, and yet he still has decent favorability ratings.

Cumo abused his power to get women.

He can't be trusted with power, ever again. There isn't any road to redemption for him as far as I am concerned.

Looks like another Cuomo is about to go down. If everything is true, he deserves to lose his job. Frankly, I would have payed ways after the first incident when they found out he was talking to his brother's team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom