God help us... Jeff Landry announces he's running for governor (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't know what to call this guy. A clown is too nice. This is such a hard pass. I would vote for Kennedy's crackhead over this guy in a heartbeat.

I don't know what to call this guy. A clown is too nice. This is such a hard pass. I would vote for Kennedy's crackhead over this guy in a heartbeat.
    Talk about two peas in a pod!

30 Years ago, the current JBE would have been a Republican! Today, he is labeled as a radical leftist by the Republicans, that is how far they have fallen. Sadly, I doubt there is another JBE out there to run against whomever the R's trot out for Governor.

Talk about two peas in a pod!

30 Years ago, the current JBE would have been a Republican! Today, he is labeled as a radical leftist by the Republicans, that is how far they have fallen. Sadly, I doubt there is another JBE out there to run against whomever the R's trot out for Governor.
    I mean I'm more JBE than Cleo Fields politically. Unfortunately, I'm more Cleo Fields than JBE racially (actually closer to Dutch Morial) so that pretty much kills my chances unfortunately...

Only possible upside is that he gets elected and he has to resign as senator before he can take office. JBE names his successor right?

Yea, what are the rules for LA? Would that person get to serve out the remaining 5 years on the term, or just until they had a special election?

Since I don't live in LA anymore, i'd be good with Foghorn Leghorn being the governor if it meant 5 years of a D senator.

Yea, what are the rules for LA? Would that person get to serve out the remaining 5 years on the term, or just until they had a special election?

Since I don't live in LA anymore, i'd be good with Foghorn Leghorn being the governor if it meant 5 years of a D senator.
    Current law...

1668456462939.png

The successor wouldn't serve the full term.

JBE would appoint a temporary successor and a special election would be held probably within a year's time to fill the seat permanently (the appointed person could also run). I wouldn't get your hopes up, though, because JBE would almost certainly appoint a Republican. Possibly a moderate Republican, though.

Edit: beat me to it!

Also, more inside info I've heard: Landry is possibly attempting a deal with... of all people... Cleo Fields to run so that it ends up being a Landry/Fields runoff where Landry would quite obviously win handily. Fields would then get some kind of kickback/appointment and Landry can pawn that off as bipartisanship.

JBE would appoint a temporary successor and a special election would be held probably within a year's time to fill the seat permanently (the appointed person could also run). I wouldn't get your hopes up, though, because JBE would almost certainly appoint a Republican. Possibly a moderate Republican, though.

Also, more inside info I've heard: Landry is possibly attempting a deal with... of all people... Cleo Fields to run so that it ends up being a Landry/Fields runoff where Landry would quite obviously win handily. Fields would then get some kind of kickback/appointment and Landry can pawn that off as bipartisanship.
    And Cleo is just corrupt enough to do it.

What if JBE appointed himself as Kennedy's replacement? He's an already known quantity and would probably stand a better chance at being reelected than just about any other Democrat? He'd have a chance to make a 3D Chess move on Republicans, lol.

What if JBE appointed himself as Kennedy's replacement? He's an already known quantity and would probably stand a better chance at being reelected than just about any other Democrat? He'd have a chance to make a 3D Chess move on Republicans, lol.
    I believe he could appoint himself.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom