Giuliani associate willing to tell Congress Nunes met with ex-Ukrainian official to get dirt on Biden (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

wardorican

Reaction score

(CNN)A lawyer for an indicted associate of Rudy Giuliani tells CNN that his client is willing to tell Congress about meetings the top Republican on the House Intelligence Committee had in Vienna last year with a former Ukrainian prosecutor to discuss digging up dirt on Joe Biden.
    The attorney, Joseph A. Bondy, represents Lev Parnas, the recently indicted Soviet-born American who worked with Giuliani to push claims of Democratic corruption in Ukraine. Bondy said that Parnas was told directly by the former Ukrainian official that he met last year in Vienna with Rep. Devin Nunes.
    "Mr. Parnas learned from former Ukrainian Prosecutor General Victor Shokin that Nunes had met with Shokin in Vienna last December," said Bondy.

I didn't want to lump this in with the big impeachment/Ukraine thread.

Two interesting notes in this story, to me.

1. Parnas was working with Giuliani to push claims about Democratic corruption in Ukraine. So, they were actively pushing the 'fake news'.

2. Nunes may have been in on it? So, why was he doing his own "investigation"? This might explain why he consistently wants to bring up the debunked rumors about Ukrainian interference.

That quote of his saying when the "facts are against you, rig the game and hope your audience is too stupid to catch your duplicity." Might be used against him.

Now, could this just be a guy about to be convicted of various things just grasping as straws to get leniency? Or is this something for real? We shall see..

I would have to see corroborating evidence before I believe anything Rudy’s two Ukrainian mob rejects say.

It’s probably true that Nunez is involved, but these two guys aren’t credible right now.

I would have to see corroborating evidence before I believe anything Rudy’s two Ukrainian mob rejects say.

It’s probably true that Nunez is involved, but these two guys aren’t credible right now.

I would think that it should be fairly easy to show whether or not Nunes went to Vienna on or around the time this meeting supposedly took place. If not, then they are full of it...if he did, then we move forward on trying to prove that he met with them.

I would think that it should be fairly easy to show whether or not Nunes went to Vienna on or around the time this meeting supposedly took place. If not, then they are full of it...if he did, then we move forward on trying to prove that he met with them.

I agree.

My concern is that these guys tell the truth about 90% of the story and misremember just enough to give Trumps gang ammo to discredit the entire investigation.

I didn't want to lump this in with the big impeachment/Ukraine thread.

Two interesting notes in this story, to me.

1. Parnas was working with Giuliani to push claims about Democratic corruption in Ukraine. So, they were actively pushing the 'fake news'.

2. Nunes may have been in on it? So, why was he doing his own "investigation"? This might explain why he consistently wants to bring up the debunked rumors about Ukrainian interference.

That quote of his saying when the "facts are against you, rig the game and hope your audience is too stupid to catch your duplicity." Might be used against him.

Now, could this just be a guy about to be convicted of various things just grasping as straws to get leniency? Or is this something for real? We shall see..

The main facts are true - his involvement connecting Rudy and Shokin (in meetings that Rudy talked about last May) seems established. And the Post reported last week on Nunes trip last spring.

Parnas has been around with Rudy for some time now. I don’t know if all of his details are true, but I think most of it is already known to be true.

How so? Can you elaborate a little on this?

It means if he’s got the goods to implicate Nunez than he’s got the goods on Giuliani and Trump as well. So threatening to throw Nunez under the bus is a warning shot to Giuliani and Trump to tread carefully or a plea for help.

Everyone around Trump is probably keeping receipts at this point. You don’t have to disagree with his politics to see the man will throw anyone under the bus, even if he’s just making up accusations out of thin air.

Last edited:
    Report: Lev Parnas Handed Over Tapes of Trump and Giuliani to the House Intelligence Committee
    I didn't see this posted anywhere but how big do you think this would be? If he does have tape with trump and guiliani on it, what do you think he might have? Supposedly, he has video as well.

At some point these stories are gonna merge - which was always the case.

There’s no way to really judge how big it might be or what the content is (or how reliable it is) until we learn more.

Could be very damaging to the president - or could be another one of these plausible deniability things that doesn’t move the needle.

At some point these stories are gonna merge - which was always the case.

There’s no way to really judge how big it might be or what the content is (or how reliable it is) until we learn more.

Could be very damaging to the president - or could be another one of these plausible deniability things that doesn’t move the needle.
    For the GOP and their voters, isn't everything a "plausible deniability thing" in this day and age?

Here’s my hot take, I doubt Parnas has the goods on Trump. But potentially Rudy, and that may be why he is warning Trump in not so subtle terms.

For one, and this is a decent barometer, Trump hasn’t started throwing a temper tantrum on the internet yet.

But more importantly, despite some of the satire to the contrary, Trump can play a pretty good mob boss. Meaning, he seems to have decent self control when it comes to directly implicating himself. He speaks in just enough code, and only to the higher up people, that he doesn’t implicate himself directly to the lower officers(at least in a world where Fox News exists and executive power has grown out of control). Instead, those orders go through a proxy. Like Rudy.

I think the videos and audio will likely show Trump, as anyone not partisanly disabled already knew, had more awareness and contact with these stooges than asserted, but I would remain skeptical they have some smoking gun tape. Instead the goal posts will slightly shift and we will just have yet another incoherent partisan whine thrown on the pile of incoherent partisan defenses of Trump’s obvious abuse of power and impeachable behavior.

I just can't see anything coming from these, no matter what they say. It's going to be 100% like David Garvin from the movie Role Models:

and Fox news will run the scroll President says it could have been anyone on those tapes, but it wasn't him.....Giuliani questions if voice actors were used in possible conspiracy....Hillary's emails still not found.....Whistleblower believed to have been aided in escape to Bolivia by DNC....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom