Fox news (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Kulbreez

Reaction score
    I would like to see the NFL leave fox over the latest court filings and testimonies of its personalities. This FAUX News channel needs to go away

I’m glad to see this thread, I was thinking we need it. I am seeing that Fox News has forbidden any of its on-air talent from discussing the court filings. They also refused to air an ad from a progressive organization that was merely pictures of its evening anchors with actual quotes from their own texts and emails superimposed over them. No commentary - just the quotes.

There was a new filing today, which I haven’t looked at yet:

One of the original stories:

Does anybody know if there are any streaming or cable platforms that do not carry Fox News?

I was listening to NPR today and learned that like 90% of Fox News revenue comes from what it charges cable and streaming platforms to carry them. Only like 10% comes from advertising. That's why advertiser boycotts don't mean much to Fox News. But they charge like 2 to 3 times more than every other cable channel for the platform to carry them. And when the platforms balk over negotiations, they get their personalities involved with getting their audience to call the platforms in large numbers and complain, so that those platforms feel obligated to carry Fox News. Apparently it's incredibly effective, much more than it should be given that Fox News only has about 3 million regular viewers.

Does anybody know if there are any streaming or cable platforms that do not carry Fox News?

I was listening to NPR today and learned that like 90% of Fox News revenue comes from what it charges cable and streaming platforms to carry them. Only like 10% comes from advertising. That's why advertiser boycotts don't mean much to Fox News. But they charge like 2 to 3 times more than every other cable channel for the platform to carry them. And when the platforms balk over negotiations, they get their personalities involved with getting their audience to call the platforms in large numbers and complain, so that those platforms feel obligated to carry Fox News. Apparently it's incredibly effective, much more than it should be given that Fox News only has about 3 million regular viewers.
    Those three million viewers are more than double the viewership of their competitors in CNN and MSNBC. I think what they're charging compared to CNN and MSNBC probably isn't that crazy and probably somewhat lines up with the viewership numbers.

Those three million viewers are more than double the viewership of their competitors in CNN and MSNBC. I think what they're charging compared to CNN and MSNBC probably isn't that crazy and probably somewhat lines up with the viewership numbers.
    To add, my family used to own a very small cable TV company and because of cost and demographic reasons we had CNN and MSNBC but not Fox News.

But it's only about 17% of the actual cable/steaming subscribers that watch Fox News. So if a cable/steaming company went without it, they'd be fine, especially if they advertised it as the anti-propaganda provider.

1677542428813.png

Last edited:
    Apparently Murdoch, under oath, admitted that Fox hosts endorsed the "stolen election" lies knowing they were false.

Lol, I obviously forgot I actually started a thread about this subject the other day. Duh! 🤦‍♀️

Apparently Murdoch, under oath, admitted that Fox hosts endorsed the "stolen election" lies knowing they were false.

Which means (and Chuck can chime in as I could be wrong) I believe that Murdoch likely knows Dominion has demonstrable proof of this and he knows enough not to be brought up on perjury charges....

Fox News is alleged to have given the Trump campaign previews of Biden campaign ads before they aired. It is also alleged to have given Trump information about debate questions prior to the debate.

Here is a thread saying that these contributions were illegal, and exactly what National Enquirer got in trouble for in the case of Karen McDougal.

AMI, parent company of the Enquirer, and its officers faced criminal liability but signed plea agreements to provide cooperation in the Michael Cohen prosecution. There’s a short thread:

For years, Democrats have been deeply conflicted about Fox News. At times, they’ve shunned the network as an irredeemable source of disinformation, boycotting it or banning it from covering Democratic presidential primary debates.

But such efforts have been temporary: They have tended to resume appearing on the network and have reverted to treating it as more or less a news channel, albeit a hostile one.

Now, however, it’s becoming clear that interacting with Fox News as a news outlet in any sense is no longer an option for Democrats.

In light of the news that network personalities knowingly deceived viewers about the 2020 election for cynical pecuniary purposes, Democrats plainly have to take on Fox News in a new way. And some of them know it.

“I don’t think we’ve ever had a moment like this, where a major news network has been exposed as deliberately deluding its viewers or readers,” Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) told me. “This is a seminal moment in the history of mass media. And we need to treat it that way.”

But what should that look like?

This week, Senate Majority Leader Charles E. Schumer and House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries signaled an aggressive posture in a letter to Fox News founder Rupert Murdoch.

The two New York Democrats demanded that the network get star anchor Tucker Carlson and others to recant their lies about the 2020 election on the air. The letter said:

Though you have acknowledged your regret in allowing this grave propaganda to take place, your network hosts continue to promote, spew, and perpetuate election conspiracy theories to this day.

This might be the first time that the Democratic congressional leadership has formally labeled Fox News content “propaganda.”

The term is entirely apt. As newly revealed texts from Carlson and other on-air personalities and executives demonstrate, they feared that telling their audience the truth about the 2020 vote could cost them a disastrously high number of viewers.

Instead, Fox News personalities kept lying about it while executives looked the other way..............

Link: Finally, Democrats appear ready to wage war on Fox News

Last edited:
    Unfortunately, the most significant problem isn't FOX news, though I hope they burn to the ground....it's the millions of morons in this country that believe everything they hear from FOX news.....

Unfortunately, the most significant problem isn't FOX news, though I hope they burn to the ground....it's the millions of morons in this country that believe everything they hear from FOX news.....

No the problem is your school system which does not teach fact-checking and source analyses. Here you can never get an A on any paper in middle or high school unless you include an evaluation of the sources you use in your papers. It teaches young people critical thinking and that is not something conservatives want.

No the problem is your school system which does not teach fact-checking and source analyses. Here you can never get an A on any paper in middle or high school unless you include an evaluation of the sources you use in your papers. It teaches young people critical thinking and that is not something conservatives want.

I don't necessarily disagree but it's deeper than that, a lot of folks are raised lets say "far right conservative or radically conservative" and generations of folks believe what they believe because their folks do or did.....I don't think there is much that can change that....

A US Federal Election Commission complaint over the collusion of Fox Newswith the Trump campaign in 2020 could be the first of many, the complainant said, amid continued fallout from dramatic court filings in Dominion Voter Systems’ $1.6bn defamation suit against the network.

Media Matters for America, a liberal watchdog, filed its FECcomplaint last week, over the revelation that Rupert Murdoch personally gave Jared Kushner, Trump’s son-in-law and adviser, confidential information about a Biden campaign ad.

A progressive political action committee, End Citizens United, also filed a complaint.

As defined by the Harvard Law Review, FEC “campaign finance restrictions do not apply to costs associated with producing news”.

Media Matters alleges that “press exemption” does not apply to Murdoch’s decision to give the Biden ad to Kushner.

Saying the move was “diametrically opposed to Fox Corporation’s regular press activity”, the complaint says: “Fox Corporation, through Murdoch, appears to have engaged in the exact type of campaign activity to which the commission has repeatedly affirmed the press exemption does not apply.

“Therefore, Fox Corporation cannot try to exploit the press exemption to avoid the consequences of making an illegal corporate in-kind contribution.”

The complaint seeks the maximum fine permitted and “appropriate remedial action”……..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom