Far Right Celebrities (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Optimus Prime

Reaction score
    Meant to post this when the Scott Adams/Dilbert story broke

Who are far right celebrities that you are aware of?

I think Jon Voight is probably the granddaddy of them all with James Woods not far behind

There's Ted Nugent for sure

Hercules' Kevin Sorbo and Lois & Clark's Dean Cain

Scott Baio had his moment at the RNC, I haven't heard anything from him since

I'd add Kanye West but he more seems to be just losing his mind

I'm pretty sure that Drew Carey, Tim Allen and Kelsey Grammer are conservative Republicans (which is fine) but as far as I know none of them went off the deep end

Roseanne Barr seemed to go full far right

Growing Pains Kirk Cameron is super religious, but I've never heard him comment on anything other than religion (it would just be an assumption that someone that religious is far right)

The pandemic opened the doors to some anti-vax, conspiracy minded celebs which doesn't necessarily have anything to do with politics

Those would include:

Person of Interest's Jim Caviezel
    Black Panther Letitia Wright
    Lost's Evangeline Lilly

Think of anyone else?

Silver Spoon's Ricky Schroeder

Actor Ricky Schroder reportedly contributed $150,000 US towards alleged killer Kyle Rittenhouse’s $2 million bail.

The NYPD Blue star’s donation to the fund emerged after one of Rittenhouse’s attorneys, Lin Wood, tweeted a triumphant photo on Friday showing lawyer John Pierce, Rittenhouse and Schroder, shortly after Kyle was released from custody, reports TMZ..........

Drew Carey isn't a republican. He is more Libertarian. and no, thats not even close to the same. I want to say he may have even supported Biden in 2020.

Roseanne Barr seemed to go full far right

I'll admit I did laugh at the fishing show comment

Here's the whole clip, so you can judge for yourself

and an article addressing the county issue Barr talks about, like the sea of red county map that is always shown when a Republican loses the election

1687898466152.png

Last edited:
    I'll admit I did laugh at the fishing show comment

Here's the whole clip, so you can judge for yourself

and an article addressing the county issue Barr talks about, like the sea of red county map that is always shown when a Republican loses the election

1687898466152.png

Amen. These maps are intentionally deceiving to give Republican voters the false impression that they make up a majority of the voters. They do not. That's why Democrats can win an election with less than half of independent voters and Republicans can not.

Here's an example of how deceiving that map is. Los Angeles county by itself has around 9 million people. The entire state of Louisiana has half that many people, coming in at around 4.5 million people.

If those maps were used honestly, LA county would be twice the size of the state of LA so that it would honestly reflect the scale of population of each voting district, as opposed to geographical scale of each voting district.

Amen. These maps are intentionally deceiving to give Republican voters the false impression that they make up a majority of the voters. They do not. That's why Democrats can win an election with less than half of independent voters and Republicans can not.

Here's an example of how deceiving that map is. Los Angeles county by itself has around 9 million people. The entire state of Louisiana has half that many people, coming in at around 4.5 million people.

If those maps were used honestly, LA county would be twice the size of the state of LA so that it would honestly reflect the scale of population of each voting district, as opposed to geographical scale of each voting district.
    Yep

Some people think it should work like a game of Splatoon

Thanks for that. I've seen voting results maps that are like that. They're a visual mess and to me not useful.

I don't know why people need a graphic to understand the total number of people that voted for each candidate and who got the most votes.

I mean is 5>2 really so hard of concept to grasp that we need a visual aid? That's not directed at you, Optimus Prime.

Side note: up until about a week ago, I thought you were the New Orleans Saints fan that wears an elaborate Optimus Prime costume at Saints games.

Last edited:
    Side note: up until about a week ago, I thought you were the New Orleans Saints fan that wears an elaborate Optimus Prime costume at Saints games.
    You might be thinking of Optimusaint

Unless he changed his name he hasn’t been on SR in years

the uneducated and ignorant type fall for this kind of map all the time. they have a hard time grasping the concept.

Posted this on EE
    =============
    From a certain point of view I agree

I love Food Network, we watch it all the time. But I don't want to see or hear about Guy Fieri's right wing views. or Bobby Flay's left. or vice versa. I want to see if someone can make a decent dish using lobster and jelly beans

But your statements of
    The Food Network doesn’t preach one-sided politics.

HGTV doesn’t preach echo chamber politics.

suggests to me that it's less politics you have a problem with. It's politics you don't like you have a problem with
    ==================
    Then saw this for what it’s worth

Will say I was in Vegas last year for a work conference and we went to Guy’s restaurant

That food was good as hell
    ==================
    Donald Trump attended an Ultimate Fighting Championship event in Las Vegas on Saturday night after a volunteer event for his Nevadaprimary campaign.

While the former president was met with cheers from the crowd and high-fived supporters at the T-Mobile Arena for UFC 290, his interactions with some of the notable names present caused a mixed reaction online, Newsweek reports.

UFC commentator and podcast host Joe Roganwas present and met with Mr Trump, but pictures of the former president conversing with celebrity chef Guy Fieri seemed to spur the most scorn and praise.

Turning Point USA chief creative officer Benny Johnson, a Trump supporter, posted a picture of the two men to Twitter, referring in the caption to Fieri’s catchphrase: “Trump in Flavor Town”.

In the comments, Trump supporters were thrilled to see the two men together with one Twitter user saying: “My respect for flavortown and Guy Fieri has gone UP!”

Others said: “Guy isn’t afraid of the mob”, “I knew Guy had good judgment!” and “I knew Guy was one of a kind!!! But now he is on top of my list!!! MAGAFieri”.

Detractors of the twice-indicted, twice-impeached former president also didn’t hold back, with one writing: “He just ruined his reputation.”

“Literally one of the worst cooks out there hang with worst president ever,” another post read, while others riffed on variations that Mr Trump was “still going to jail”……

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom