Everything George Santos (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    I think we need a new thread just about this guy. It seems like every day brings new awfulness.

Gregory Morey, a former roommate of Rep. George Santos (R-NY), told CBS News in an interview that Santos wanted to be in Congress for a single term so he could get a pension and health care for the rest of his life.

“He told me once that, ‘If I can get elected to Congress for just one term, I’ll be set with a pension and health care for the rest of my life,’” said Morey, who allegedly moved in with Santos for a few months in New York City in the early 2010s.

Unfortunately for Santos, under the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS), a full pension is available to members 62 years of age only after 5 years of service, for members 50 years or older after 20 years of service or members of any age after 25 years of service.

For the freshman congressman, who’s quickly climbing the leaderboard for the conman-of-the-century award, Morey’s claims are just another hit to his now very damaged reputation............

and I like Lovitz fine but 'greatest comedian of all time"?
    =======================================

New York Republican Congressman George Santos lashed out at the comedians appearing on late night talk shows to mock him after he was caught in a litany of lies.

“I have now been enshrined in late night TV history with all these impersonations, but they are all TERRIBLE so far. Jon Lovitz is supposed to be one of the greatest comedians of all time and that was embarrassing – for him not me! These comedians need to step their game up,” Mr Santos tweeted on Monday night.

“Finally!!! You’re honest about something!!!” Mr Lovitz responded on Twitter.

Mr Lovitz appeared on The Tonight Show as Mr Santos, joking that he was in New York to “pick up my Nobel peace prize”.

Harvey Guillén of What We Do in the Shadows, appeared on The Late Show on CBS as Mr Santos, jokingly claiming to have been on the show five times and to have served as the band leader on the programme.

On Jimmy Kimmel Live on ABC, Nelson Franklin impersonated Mr Santos, saying that it makes sense for him to be appointed to the House committee on science, space, and technology because he was the “first openly gay, Jewish, Republican Latino to walk on the moon”.

Bowen Yang took on the role of Mr Santos on Saturday Night Live on NBC, saying “I’m proud to be the first African American quarterback to ever dunk a football”.............

Embattled GOP congressman George Santosclaimed in August 2020 that Jeffrey Epstein “could still be alive” – one year after the paedophile killed himself in his Manhattan jail cell.

In a newly-resurfaced interview, Mr Santos – who has already been caught out over several lies about his past, background and family – claimed that he met Epstein a few times and pushed the conspiracy theory that he was “murdered” in prison.

Epstein was found dead in his cell in August 2019 while awaiting trial for sex-trafficking children. His death was ruled suicide.

Mr Santos then backtracked over his death altogether, claiming he may actually still be alive.

“I wouldn’t put it past me that he’s still walking around us and we’re all like, ‘Oh my god, the guy is alive,’ and we can’t tell,” he said. “You know what, it’s 2020, anything can happen.”…….

Amazing - this guy is a walking liability, he’ll do anything. I suppose it’s only a matter of time before he’s indicted for something. He has zero sense of what is ethical and/or criminal.

It's absurd, to the point you almost have to wonder if it's performance art -- "how much blatant corruption and dishonesty can a politician get away with?"

He needs to come clean about where the money came from. Also, how weak is it that McCarthy didn’t remove him, or just not put him on committees to begin with.

He needs to come clean about where the money came from. Also, how weak is it that McCarthy didn’t remove him, or just not put him on committees to begin with.

Recent polling in the district shows that almost 80% want him to resign.

If you hire a builder who lied about his credentials, you can cancel the contract. If you buy a product that turns out to not have the capabilities the vendor alleged to you when you bought it, you can cancel the transaction. But if you vote for someone that is completely not who he said he was, you're stuck with it? This whole "he won the election" thing is bullshirt and everyone knows it but there's no mechanism to undo it apart from impeachment?

It's crazy. I don't think the answer lies in the courts, litigating politicians' lies is a rabbit hole, but it's crazy there's no recall process for the voters.

Recent polling in the district shows that almost 80% want him to resign.

If you hire a builder who lied about his credentials, you can cancel the contract. If you buy a product that turns out to not have the capabilities the vendor alleged to you when you bought it, you can cancel the transaction. But if you vote for someone that is completely not who he said he was, you're stuck with it? This whole "he won the election" thing is bullshirt and everyone knows it but there's no mechanism to undo it apart from impeachment?

It's crazy. I don't think the answer lies in the courts, litigating politicians' lies is a rabbit hole, but it's crazy there's no recall process for the voters.
    In normal circumstances each party would handle this internally. Rs will not.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom