Elon Musk and Twitter Reach Deal for Sale (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SaintForLife

Reaction score
    Elon Musk struck a deal on Monday to buy Twitter for roughly $44 billion, in a victory by the world’s richest man to take over the influential social network frequented by world leaders, celebrities and cultural trendsetters.

Twitter agreed to sell itself to Mr. Musk for $54.20 a share, a 38 percent premium over the company’s share price this month before he revealed he was the firm’s single largest shareholder. It would be the largest deal to take a company private — something Mr. Musk has said he will do with Twitter — in at least two decades, according to data compiled by Dealogic.

“Free speech is the bedrock of a functioning democracy, and Twitter is the digital town square where matters vital to the future of humanity are debated,” Mr. Musk said in a statement announcing the deal. “Twitter has tremendous potential — I look forward to working with the company and the community of users to unlock it.”

The deal, which has been unanimously approved by Twitter’s board, is expected to close this year, subject to a vote of Twitter shareholders and certain regulatory approvals.

The blockbuster agreement caps what had seemed an improbable attempt by the famously mercurial Mr. Musk, 50, to buy the social media company — and immediately raises questions about what he will do with the platform and how his actions will affect online speech globally.

If Musk does what he claims he wants to do it will be a big improvement and good for free speech.

Musk may not have committed fraud, but Trump certainly has been his entire business life. I was referring to Musk flaunting Securities rules during his stock buy and his own purchase agreement with Twitter to not publicly denigrate the company or senior leadership which he has violated nearly continuously.

Rich people are allowed to get away with stuff like this all the time. They are almost taught they are above the rules and laws the rest of us are expected to follow.

Homie it's just a wealthy, right-wing troll at this point:

It would be pretty funny though if he can't get out of the Twitter deal now LOL.

He’s displaying Narcissistic Personality Disorder lately, where everything is about him. His mental stability is in question at this point, imo. I saw someone say he has lost fully 1/3 of his net worth since he tried to buy Twitter. They don’t think he can go through with the deal anymore because he can’t afford it. And he has done it to himself, because he is in love with tweeting every single thought that goes through his mind, no matter how damaging it is to his case. It’s hard to feel sorry for him. 🤷‍♀️

He’s displaying Narcissistic Personality Disorder lately, where everything is about him. His mental stability is in question at this point, imo. I saw someone say he has lost fully 1/3 of his net worth since he tried to buy Twitter. They don’t think he can go through with the deal anymore because he can’t afford it. And he has done it to himself, because he is in love with tweeting every single thought that goes through his mind, no matter how damaging it is to his case. It’s hard to feel sorry for him. 🤷‍♀️
    Yep. Gotta love the richest man in the world crying about being oppressed/harassed.

Well, this explains some tweets about how he’s about to be persecuted by the “left”. Lol.

Well, this explains some tweets about how he’s about to be persecuted by the “left”. Lol.

I never really understand this stuff from rich guys. I know it's about power. Still, you can pay for it, and bang a Russian Ms. Universe or something.

He has enough money to travel around with a harem like an oil prince.

I wonder if he fired his PR firm. Dude has been super weird for years. He's almost a quiver full guy with 8 kids, and like 4 baby mommas.

He might have mental health issues. Who knows? When you get that wealthy there are zero people who can check you. You answer to no one. Didn't the guy name his baby X76439Z or something like that?

It's a shame that Elon couldn't just stay focused on spaceships and bringing high speed internet to underserved areas.

Good lord, this was debunked two weeks ago, SFL. Its ridiculous what you bring to this board. I’m embarrassed for you.

We saw that a month ago.

Elon's melting down; what is happening to him isn't good for anyone, and no one should be celebrating it.
    It’s not about Elon, it’s from years and years ago, maybe 5-6 years ago, it was about Trump before he became president and it was a joke.

This was a fascinating thread by a journalist who started investigating Musk years ago. All the warning flags, it’s like we never learn.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom