China's Social Credit System (1 Viewer)

Does the Chinese Social Credit System Present a Threat to Human Freedom?

• No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else, I'll explain.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Dadsdream

1% Tanzanian DNA
    Reaction score
    Earlier this week, I watched a PBS show about China's Social Credit System. I thought I had a fair understanding of what was going on, but quickly found out that the reality has far outstripped my imagination and requires significant updating.

1584584096659.png

In short, with a cell phone app, the Chinese can check the "Social Credit" of anyone within 500 feet and make a determination if they want to do business with them . . . or ban them from getting on public transportation . . . or bar them from buying an airline ticket . . . based not only on personal credit, but failure to pay a fine, or a ticket, or a debt, or even bad ratings given in social media sites.

The system also identifies people who are to be given preferential treatment.
    Facial recognition and strategically placed cameras also come into play.

1584584177033.png

A few things came to mind after I watched the show and looked up the current state of things.

First, George Orwell severely underestimated how far a despotic technological giant like China could go when it comes to controlling people.

Second, Seth McFarland was sounding an alarm with The Orville, Season 1, Episode 7, Mission: Majority Rule.

Third, Revelation 13:16-17 King James Version (KJV)
    16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
    17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name

Last edited:
    Now, I am well aware that this is from Barstool sports. But I see alot of Oliver and Comedey Central 'news' so I thought I would post this. This guy lived in China and documented himself living there (actually very entertaining and very informative). He documents his interactions with the local Chinese people and the are wonderful and funny as shirt. They are worth watching, IMO. This is one where he explains this system from what he saw and lived over there. Pretty interesting and not 'hate' or whatever ism people like to use when words fail them.

That's a pretty good video! Thanks for sharing, Farb.
    So, if you live in a major city that has the social credit system and you buy a fifth of Crown Royal, they put your name and picture up on a big screen near your house and tell everybody you're a drunk.
    This will play well in Slidell. :hihi:

... so, government sponsored Yelp?

If you think about, we have similar practices here in the U.S., just not within a single government sponsored phone app.
    The aforementioned Yelp.
    Every single sellsomething.com having a feedback/rating feature for every product they sell
    Credit bureaus.
    Criminal background checks.
    Sexual predators databases.
    Better business bureaus.
    Arrest record databases.

I can go on, but, you get the idea.

As for the number of the beast, I have heard that be associated with everything from the markers Genghis Khan gave to traders along the Silk Road, to credit cards and social security numbers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom