Chaos in the VP's Office? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

GrandAdmiral

Reaction score
    This is not the first time something like this has happened with Harris. Many say it helped ruin her presidential campaign before it started and now it seems to be happening again. Whether true or overblown, it's not a good look at all for Harris IMHO

So it seems there's still chaos. It's typical for staffers to go back and forth, but this really does not look good for either the White House or Harris' office.

She had a lot of gaffs, and red flags in the primary. I have no idea what the Biden admin is going to do if Joe doesn't run.

Man this just reminds of how bad the 2024 primary might get. I don't think Kamala wins even if Joe tries to pass the baton. Joe, and Bernie would be octogenarians. I'm really not a fan of Pete. I have no idea what he actually stands for other then being gay. His entire persona comes off as fake. It's like if processed cheese was made into a person. Klobuchar apparently moonlights as Ellen DeGeneres behind closed doors with staffers. I guess I'm a Warren fan in 2024? I have deep reservations on if she can beat Trump.

Kamala is still pissed at Joe for not wanting the school bus to go by her house.

I'm an independent that voted 3rd party in the past 2 presidential elections. I thought Harris was a terrible choice and a completely out of touch choice given what transpired in in mid 2020. Cries for police and justice system reform was at the forefront the entire summer and he picks someone who went out of her way to keep minorities in jail on weed charges. Then she has her "How you do, fellow kids" moment where she laughs about the times she's smoked weed. She was TERRIBLE as DA.

She had a lot of gaffs, and red flags in the primary. I have no idea what the Biden admin is going to do if Joe doesn't run.

Man this just reminds of how bad the 2024 primary might get. I don't think Kamala wins even if Joe tries to pass the baton. Joe, and Bernie would be octogenarians. I'm really not a fan of Pete. I have no idea what he actually stands for other then being gay. His entire persona comes off as fake. It's like if processed cheese was made into a person. Klobuchar apparently moonlights as Ellen DeGeneres behind closed doors with staffers. I guess I'm a Warren fan in 2024? I have deep reservations on if she can beat Trump.
    I don't think Biden or Harris can beat Trump in 2024. I like Pete because he is just a boring guy that does his job, but that is the same reason he wouldn't win.

The 2024 hopefuls better not be a re-run of 2020.

I don't think Biden or Harris can beat Trump in 2024. I like Pete because he is just a boring guy that does his job, but that is the same reason he wouldn't win.

The 2024 hopefuls better not be a re-run of 2020.

The only thing that can beat Trump in 2024 is Trump. His ego has to have reached the point he thinks he can say or do anything and still win. He probably can. The thing is the 74 million that voted for Trump will be just as motivated, if not more so. I don't think the same can be said for the 81 million that voted for Biden. I have my doubts there is any Democrat on the scene right now that can generate 81 million votes worth of energy and "I'm not Trump" probably won't work this time.

The only thing that can beat Trump in 2024 is Trump. His ego has to have reached the point he thinks he can say or do anything and still win. He probably can. The thing is the 74 million that voted for Trump will be just as motivated, if not more so. I don't think the same can be said for the 81 million that voted for Biden. I have my doubts there is any Democrat on the scene right now that can generate 81 million votes worth of energy and "I'm not Trump" probably won't work this time.

The energy would come in 2028 after seeing how bad a second Trump term was

Might be too late by then though

2022 is going to be awful for Democrats but the 2024 election is basically three years away still.. a long ways to go on that one.

Terry McAuliffe says, "Now you tell me..."

There is so much doom and gloom among Democrats and the general American public and it makes no sense. While things aren't great all over, we're in a much better position as a country as to opposed to just the start of this year. Inflation and the supply chain are issues that are getting worked out, it just takes some time. Yet, economic activity and spending continue to improve and hold up, as does employment and salaries.

All in all, things are improving well in America, but it seems almost like since Biden got elected (or at least since Afghanistan withdrawal), everybody has been predicting/expecting the end of the Democrats. And for what? Republican's great ideas on how to lead our country? (Looks around)... Nope, not that.

America is the epitome of a self-fulfilling prophecy. And that's a bad thing when we have right wing media dedicated to pushing Republican propaganda at all cost, the rest of the media looking to sensationalize every occurrence into some catastrophe to get eyes, and a general public that pays just enough attention to gets swept up in it all.

This is why while I would never consider myself and elitist, I've never been a populist either. The populace often gets it wrong.

She was picked solely for her skin color and sex so I am not shocked by this. She did gain her fame in the primary by calling Biden racist in the debate.

She was picked solely for her skin color and sex so I am not shocked by this. She did gain her fame in the primary by calling Biden racist in the debate.
    She was picked mostly to get her out of the primaries. (they had a deal months before she was revealed as the selection)

There were plenty of brown females he could have chosen. Her gender and skin color aren't something exclusive to her.

She was picked mostly to get her out of the primaries. (they had a deal months before she was revealed as the selection)

There were plenty of brown females he could have chosen. Her gender and skin color aren't something exclusive to her.
    But that is the most common right wing talking point in regards to Harris getting the nod to run as Biden's VP. If there were really only two boxes to check that were A) Minority and B) Female, I'd say there were probably 10-20 people who fit that bill who are already pretty important people within the Democratic Party/DNC but the reality is that Harris checked off a bunch of other boxes because of her career trajectory and the lessons she learned that made it possible for her to ultimately be elected as a Senator in the same state where she "locked people up for ages for simple marijuana possession."

While she is obviously a flawed individual in her role as VP, she wasn't chosen for the office because she was a popular candidate (as was reflected in her dismal poll numbers when she was running for the POTUS nomination). She was chosen because of the connections she has in Congress and her ability to read the pulse of Congress' willingness to support or denounce parts of Biden's agenda without having to run all over Capitol Hill talking to members of Congress to find out exactly what it is the administration is up against in passing cornerstone legislation that will lay the groundwork for Biden's whole agenda to become a reality in some way, shape or form.

She's a shrewd negotiator who isn't afraid to stand up to bullies and obstructionists whose only reason for not supporting Biden's agenda is that it's Biden's agenda. And since the Senate is still made up of people who were her colleagues less than a year ago, it's not like she's some unknown to all of them who's a wild card or radical outsider. They know that she knows how to be a team player and do whatever is necessary to get help get her team W's. She's going to be out of the spotlight in order to effectively do her job and she's surely going to piss a lot of people off along the way because her number one priority is to this administration and the policies they hope to put in place that will define their legacy and shape the trajectory of our country for many years to come.

I don't think the plan was ever to have Biden pass the torch to her after his first term. Her numbers were abysmal when she was a candidate and there's nothing about her job as VP that is going to make those numbers any better after 4 years of telling lots of people considered allies of the administration that they aren't going to get what they want because it would prevent the entire country from getting what it needs.

But that is the most common right wing talking point in regards to Harris getting the nod to run as Biden's VP. If there were really only two boxes to check that were A) Minority and B) Female, I'd say there were probably 10-20 people who fit that bill who are already pretty important people within the Democratic Party/DNC but the reality is that Harris checked off a bunch of other boxes because of her career trajectory and the lessons she learned that made it possible for her to ultimately be elected as a Senator in the same state where she "locked people up for ages for simple marijuana possession."

While she is obviously a flawed individual in her role as VP, she wasn't chosen for the office because she was a popular candidate (as was reflected in her dismal poll numbers when she was running for the POTUS nomination). She was chosen because of the connections she has in Congress and her ability to read the pulse of Congress' willingness to support or denounce parts of Biden's agenda without having to run all over Capitol Hill talking to members of Congress to find out exactly what it is the administration is up against in passing cornerstone legislation that will lay the groundwork for Biden's whole agenda to become a reality in some way, shape or form.

She's a shrewd negotiator who isn't afraid to stand up to bullies and obstructionists whose only reason for not supporting Biden's agenda is that it's Biden's agenda. And since the Senate is still made up of people who were her colleagues less than a year ago, it's not like she's some unknown to all of them who's a wild card or radical outsider. They know that she knows how to be a team player and do whatever is necessary to get help get her team W's. She's going to be out of the spotlight in order to effectively do her job and she's surely going to piss a lot of people off along the way because her number one priority is to this administration and the policies they hope to put in place that will define their legacy and shape the trajectory of our country for many years to come.

I don't think the plan was ever to have Biden pass the torch to her after his first term. Her numbers were abysmal when she was a candidate and there's nothing about her job as VP that is going to make those numbers any better after 4 years of telling lots of people considered allies of the administration that they aren't going to get what they want because it would prevent the entire country from getting what it needs.
    Yea, I had Mayor Pete and Senator Harris as my #1 and #2 out of that group running.

I don't hold anything she's done as VP against her. I still think she'd be a great President. She's just not a #2 type person. She doesn't have the personality type to perform well as a VP, and she has performed as I'd have expected.

I've said it years ago, before she ran. When she's prepared, she's very tough and skilled. When she's not prepared, or isn't familiar enough with something, she's terrible. She starts chasing a soundbite, instead of trying to make an intelligent point. She's capable, but for some reason, falls short. Maybe just the expectations are too high, and soundbites have become oddly too important. (for like 20-30 years)

So it seems there's still chaos. It's typical for staffers to go back and forth, but this really does not look good for either the White House or Harris' office.

I think this is a pretty typical story. The VP doesn't have a well defined role in the constitution, other than presiding over the Senate. It's important for her to be briefed and on the same page as the President, but often the VP is left out. It's probably a bit more important in this case, since there is a significant chance he doesn't make it all the way through his term, or second term. Same would go for Trump if he runs and wins (still a long ways away).

However, I think mid terms are the bigger concern now. And, depending on how Biden's agenda he's managed to get through congress pays off, people will either be kind or not towards Democrats.

Over the last few decades, VP's have served as the emissary to Congress because of their deep Washington roots and establishment ties. Bush, Gore, Cheney, Biden, and Pence all served in that role. Biden doesn't need that, and Kamala has less experience on Capital Hill than him. I think that puts her in kind of an odd spot where they are trying to find what value she can bring to the ultimate political insider.

Over the last few decades, VP's have served as the emissary to Congress because of their deep Washington roots and establishment ties. Bush, Gore, Cheney, Biden, and Pence all served in that role. Biden doesn't need that, and Kamala has less experience on Capital Hill than him. I think that puts her in kind of an odd spot where they are trying to find what value she can bring to the ultimate political insider.
    Agreed, but he still needs to send the elevator down. Needs to give her experience. He should remember his own frustrations with the office.

Agreed, but he still needs to send the elevator down. Needs to give her experience. He should remember his own frustrations with the office.

I actually think all of the experience she's getting in foreign diplomacy is great for Harris. While I know she has ambitions to be president, I don't really see her skill set as best suited for that roll. I've believed that for long before the election, but we shall see.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom