Capitol Riot arrests (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Bigdaddysaints

Reaction score
    Figured we should start a separate thread on the arrests and those involved in the storming of the Capitol. I know it has been talked about in the other thread a lot, but for the ones who just want to follow the ones arrested and/or charged, this will be an easier way to see updates on the investigations.

Link below is everyone who has been arrested. But we know there will be more.

The website seems to be updated with new information daily.

The ones who are getting the most air time:

Jake Angeli
    1610987626331.png

Adam Johnson
    1610987698358.png

Richard Barnett
    1610987768489.png

Kevin Seefried
    1610987811788.png

Eric Gavelek Munchel
    1610987942709.png

Larry R. Brock
    Lisa Eisenhart
    Robert Keith Packer
    Klete Keller
    Aaron Mostofsky
    Anthime Joseph Gionet
    Peter Francis Stager
    Christine Priola

I have no problem with grifters taking traitor’s money.

I hope all of these are as legit as Steve Bannon’s wall building fundraiser.

WASHINGTON (AP) — A far-right internet personality who streamed live video while he stormed the U.S. Capitol was sentenced on Tuesday to two months of imprisonment for joining the mob’s attack on the building.

Anthime Gionet, known as “Baked Alaska” to his social media followers, declined to address the court before U.S. District Judge Trevor McFadden sentenced him to 60 days behind bars followed by two years of probation. Gionet had faced a maximum of six months of imprisonment.

Gionet incriminated himself and other rioters with the video that he streamed to a live audience of roughly 16,000 followers. The 27-minute video showed him encouraging other rioters to stay in the Capitol.

“You did everything you could to publicize your misconduct,” the judge told Gionet. “You were there encouraging and participating fully in what was going on.”

The judge allowed Gionet to remain free until he must report to prison. After his sentencing, Gionet told reporters that he views his sentence as a “win” and said he plans to write a book while in jail.

Despite his guilty plea, Gionet said he didn’t think he was breaking the law on Jan. 6 and doesn’t regret being there.

“I have grown immense amounts,” he said outside the courthouse. “But I still hold firm that I was there because I believe the election was fraudulent, and I believe people should have a right to speak freely as long as they are being peaceful.”……..

WASHINGTON (AP) — An Arkansas man who propped his feet on a desk in then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s office during the riot at the U.S. Capitol planned the trip for weeks and came prepared for violence, a prosecutor said Tuesday as his trial got underway.

Richard “Bigo” Barnett had a stun gun tucked into his pants when he stormed the Capitol, invaded Pelosi's office and posed for a photo that became one of the attack's more well-known images, prosecutors said. He also took a piece of her mail and left behind a note that said, “Nancy, Bigo was here," prosecutors said. Barnett punctuated the message with a sexist expletive.

“The defendant violated that space,” said prosecutor Alison Prout during opening statements. “He came prepared for violence.”

Staffers were huddled down the hall at the time, hiding from rioters after leaving behind computers, cellphones and personal files as they fled, she said.

Before leaving Capitol grounds, Barnett used a bullhorn to give a speech to the crowd, shouting, “We took back our house, and I took Nancy Pelosi’s office!” according to prosecutors..............

WASHINGTON (AP) — An Arkansas man who propped his feet on a desk in then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s office during the riot at the U.S. Capitol planned the trip for weeks and came prepared for violence, a prosecutor said Tuesday as his trial got underway.

Richard “Bigo” Barnett had a stun gun tucked into his pants when he stormed the Capitol, invaded Pelosi's office and posed for a photo that became one of the attack's more well-known images, prosecutors said. He also took a piece of her mail and left behind a note that said, “Nancy, Bigo was here," prosecutors said. Barnett punctuated the message with a sexist expletive.

“The defendant violated that space,” said prosecutor Alison Prout during opening statements. “He came prepared for violence.”

Staffers were huddled down the hall at the time, hiding from rioters after leaving behind computers, cellphones and personal files as they fled, she said.

Before leaving Capitol grounds, Barnett used a bullhorn to give a speech to the crowd, shouting, “We took back our house, and I took Nancy Pelosi’s office!” according to prosecutors..............

Hey, Bigo? Book incoming!

A federal judge acquitted a Capitol Rioter on one obstruction charge while convicting him on five other charges because she said he had a "unique stew in his mind."

U.S. District Court Judge Amy Berman Jackson said that Joshua Black had a "unique stew in his mind" that made her unsure of whether he was aware that his actions were unlawful in her ruling on Friday, Politico reported. Jackson found Black not guilty on one count of obstruction of an official proceeding, court documents show.

Black was convicted of entering and remaining in a restricted building, disorderly conduct in a restricted building, unlawful possession of a dangerous weapon on Capitol grounds, disorderly conduct in the Capitol building, and impeding passage through the Capitol grounds, according to court documents.

Jackson found Black not guilty on one count of obstruction of an official proceeding. Black is the first Capitol Riot defendant who reached the Senate Floor on January 6 to be acquitted of the obstruction charge, according to Politico...............

A federal judge acquitted a Capitol Rioter on one obstruction charge while convicting him on five other charges because she said he had a "unique stew in his mind."

U.S. District Court Judge Amy Berman Jackson said that Joshua Black had a "unique stew in his mind" that made her unsure of whether he was aware that his actions were unlawful in her ruling on Friday, Politico reported. Jackson found Black not guilty on one count of obstruction of an official proceeding, court documents show.

Black was convicted of entering and remaining in a restricted building, disorderly conduct in a restricted building, unlawful possession of a dangerous weapon on Capitol grounds, disorderly conduct in the Capitol building, and impeding passage through the Capitol grounds, according to court documents.

Jackson found Black not guilty on one count of obstruction of an official proceeding. Black is the first Capitol Riot defendant who reached the Senate Floor on January 6 to be acquitted of the obstruction charge, according to Politico...............

Welp, then the judge is naive. Wtf does “a unique stew in his mind” mean?

To be fair to the judge, she had some of the harshest sentences for these insurrectionists. This particular one is likely mentally ill and just didn’t understand where or why he was there.

A new arrest. He was at the Jan 6 protest in DC, but he's been arrested for what he did in New Mexico this year:

During his high-profile trial for storming the Capitol on January 6, Richard "Bigo" Barnett, the man photographed with his feet on former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's desk, was humiliated when prosecutors tricked him into bluffing his way through knowing the Bill of Rights.

Barnett, a former window salesman from Gravette, Arkansas, was backed into this corner shortly after a line of questioning about whether he ever tells "white lies", according to CBS News' Scott MacFarlane on Thursday.

“You love the Constitution?” asked the prosecutor. "Love it!" Barnett said. "First Amendment?" the prosecutor said. "Yes," said Barnett.

"Second Amendment?" the prosecutor said. "Yes," said Barnett.

"Love the Third Amendment?" the prosecutor said. "Yes," said Barnett. “What’s the Third Amendment?” the prosecutor then followed up. Bigo paused and said, “I don’t know.”

The Third Amendment prohibits the government from forcibly quartering soldiers in civilians' homes in peacetime without the owner's consent, and places limits on doing so in wartime..............

WASHINGTON — A Capitol riot defendant who left a crude note for former Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi on Jan. 6, 2021, suggested copyrighting the phrase, “Nancy, Bigo was here” – seeking, prosecutors alleged this week, to prevent anyone else from capitalizing on his virality from an image of him posing with his feet on a desk inside her office.

Federal prosecutors played an audio recording Wednesday of a jailhouse call made by Richard “Bigo” Barnett, of Gravette, Arkansas, while he was in pretrial detention on charges stemming from the 2021 assault on the U.S. Capitol Building. Barnett, now 62, was arrested two days after the riot and remained in custody until U.S. District Judge Christopher Cooper released him to home confinement on April 27, 2021.

During the call, made to his wife, Barnett suggested copyrighting a portion of the note he left for then-Speaker Pelosi: “Hey Nancy, Bigo was here you biatch.” Barnett is also accused of stealing an envelope from the speaker’s office – although his attorneys have argued he more than compensated for its fair market value by leaving a quarter behind...........

During his high-profile trial for storming the Capitol on January 6, Richard "Bigo" Barnett, the man photographed with his feet on former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's desk, was humiliated when prosecutors tricked him into bluffing his way through knowing the Bill of Rights.

Barnett, a former window salesman from Gravette, Arkansas, was backed into this corner shortly after a line of questioning about whether he ever tells "white lies", according to CBS News' Scott MacFarlane on Thursday.

“You love the Constitution?” asked the prosecutor. "Love it!" Barnett said. "First Amendment?" the prosecutor said. "Yes," said Barnett.

"Second Amendment?" the prosecutor said. "Yes," said Barnett.

"Love the Third Amendment?" the prosecutor said. "Yes," said Barnett. “What’s the Third Amendment?” the prosecutor then followed up. Bigo paused and said, “I don’t know.”

The Third Amendment prohibits the government from forcibly quartering soldiers in civilians' homes in peacetime without the owner's consent, and places limits on doing so in wartime..............

As a citizen solder during peacetime it was the Third Amendment that he violated. By making himself at home in Pelosi's private office he forcibly quartered himself in her private space (her home).

A Jan. 6 defendant who famously propped his feet on a desk in then-Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s Capitol suite urged jurors Friday to consider his behavior the actions of a “forking idiot” — not a criminal.

Richard “Bigo” Barnett, who took the stand in his own defense, grew heated with prosecutor Michael Gordon after Gordon spent hours picking apart Barnett’s story. Gordon pressed Barnett whether he believed he would get away with his actions because of his hubris. A frustrated Barnett shot back: “I think the jury’s going to do what they want to do.”

“I’m going to suffer the consequences,” Barnett added, “but I hope they see I didn’t break the law and acted like a forking idiot.”

It was a climactic moment as a milestone Jan. 6 prosecution neared its conclusion. Barnett’s image at the desk in Pelosi’s office became a symbol of the brazenness of the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol and the vulnerability of a key institution attempting to fulfill its responsibility to certify the 2020 election. The case was poised to head to the jury Friday afternoon, with a verdict likely early next week............

A Jan. 6 defendant who famously propped his feet on a desk in then-Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s Capitol suite urged jurors Friday to consider his behavior the actions of a “forking idiot” — not a criminal.

Richard “Bigo” Barnett, who took the stand in his own defense, grew heated with prosecutor Michael Gordon after Gordon spent hours picking apart Barnett’s story. Gordon pressed Barnett whether he believed he would get away with his actions because of his hubris. A frustrated Barnett shot back: “I think the jury’s going to do what they want to do.”

“I’m going to suffer the consequences,” Barnett added, “but I hope they see I didn’t break the law and acted like a forking idiot.”

It was a climactic moment as a milestone Jan. 6 prosecution neared its conclusion. Barnett’s image at the desk in Pelosi’s office became a symbol of the brazenness of the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol and the vulnerability of a key institution attempting to fulfill its responsibility to certify the 2020 election. The case was poised to head to the jury Friday afternoon, with a verdict likely early next week............

That guy is a total sham.

He says he was "pushed" into the building, he didn't intend to go. The taser he had on his belt was because he was worried about Antifa. He kept the envelope from Pelosi's office because he had blood on it and was worried it was a bio-hazard. Not willing to be accountable at all.

And in the Post article about it, it details how his attorneys argued that he was simply a MAGA from Arkansas and was just being gregarious - it looks out of place but so would some Washingtonian who suddenly found himself in the sticks of Arkansas.

No contrition whatsoever except to call himself an idiot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom