Capitol Riot arrests (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Bigdaddysaints

Reaction score
    Figured we should start a separate thread on the arrests and those involved in the storming of the Capitol. I know it has been talked about in the other thread a lot, but for the ones who just want to follow the ones arrested and/or charged, this will be an easier way to see updates on the investigations.

Link below is everyone who has been arrested. But we know there will be more.

The website seems to be updated with new information daily.

The ones who are getting the most air time:

Jake Angeli
    1610987626331.png

Adam Johnson
    1610987698358.png

Richard Barnett
    1610987768489.png

Kevin Seefried
    1610987811788.png

Eric Gavelek Munchel
    1610987942709.png

Larry R. Brock
    Lisa Eisenhart
    Robert Keith Packer
    Klete Keller
    Aaron Mostofsky
    Anthime Joseph Gionet
    Peter Francis Stager
    Christine Priola

A judge has sentenced a Mississippi man to more than six years in prison for assaulting police officers during the January 6, 2021 Capitol riot.

James McGrew, 40, of Biloxi, Mississippi, was among the rioters to reach the Capitol Rotunda on January 6, according to the criminal complaint the FBI filed.

Police arrested him in May 2021 after identifying him in footage from inside the Capitol when he lifted his shirt to wipe his eyes. The footage revealed a giant tattoo on his stomach that said "KING JAMES." The footage was from a District of Columbia police body camera.

The tattoo corresponded to a 2012 booking record, according to court documents, and led to his eventual arrest.

On Friday, a judge sentenced him to 78 months in prison after he pleaded guilty to assaulting, resisting, or impeding police officers, according to the Department of Justice...........

CNN) — Three members of the Oath Keepers and a fourth person associated with the far-right militia group were convicted of seditious conspiracy by a Washington, DC, jury on Monday for their role in the January 6, 2021, insurrection.

The four men – Roberto Minuta, Joseph Hackett, David Moerschel and Edward Vallejo – were accused of plotting to stop the certification of Joe Biden’s 2020 electoral college victory, a conspiracy that culminated in the attack on the US Capitol……

It appears their “oaths” were to a fraudulent charlatan. I seem to recall when these bozos popped up it was allegedly about the constitution. I guess not.

It appears their “oaths” were to a fraudulent charlatan. I seem to recall when these bozos popped up it was allegedly about the constitution. I guess not.
    I remember when they popped up as well. Oath breakers, not keepers, are what they are.

As I recall it was about the time that the conspiracy about Obama's place of birth had swept them up into a feeding frenzy, feeding on fear that anyone other than a natural born White American was giving orders as the commander in chief. That they would by definition be illegal orders under the guise of the Constitution so convinced they were that Obama wasn't a natural born American.

In a nut shell what it was about was that a Black man was living in the White House. Oath Keepers was a racist seditious conspiracy from it's inception. I think today's just verdict was a long time in coming.

How dare they interfere in what is the foremost difficult dilemma a service person can face short of their own deaths in service. It's the service person who will face the punishment for disobeying an order on the basis that it was an illegal order not them.

How dare those arrogant blow hard's position themselves between the conscience of a service person and their position in their lawful chain of command without having any of their own skin in the game.

I say give them life in prison, it was the lives of innocent service personnel that they were trying to subvert and steal. It makes me furious just thinking about it.

:(

Pauline Bauer, a Capitol rioter who became known for deploying sovereign citizen-style rhetoric in her legal defense filings, was found guilty by a judge on Tuesday, just over two years after she broke into the Capitol building and demanded the hanging then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA).

CBS News' Scott MacFarlane reports that United States District Court Judge Trevor McFadden, who was overseeing Bauer's bench trial, found her guilty after rejecting claims that she "blacked out" amid the riots and thus did not bear full responsibility for her actions.

McFadden pointed to Bauer's calls for the hanging of Pelosi and other lawmakers as sufficient to have her deemed an "obvious and grave security risk" to elected officials at the Capitol.

According to MacFarlane, Bauer sat "with her head in her hands" after being found guilty, although McFadden did agree to let her free in the months leading up to her sentencing on the grounds that she had already served several months in prison after being held in pretrial detention.

Bauer became notorious for sabotaging her own efforts to get out of pretrial detention over the past two years with her repeated courtroom outbursts and her highly unusual legal filings.

In July of 2021, for example, Bauer filed a motion to dismiss in which she described herself as "I, Me, Pauline Bauer the Living Soul, A Creation of God."............

More than 975 people have been charged with crimes since supporters of then-President Donald Trump violently stormed the US Capitol on January 6, 2021, in an attempt to stop Congress from certifying Joe Biden's victory in the 2020 election.

Nearly two years later, at least 475 people have pleaded guilty in connection to the insurrection.

This table includes the names, accepted charges, and links to court documents of all the people who have pleaded guilty so far. We'll keep it updated as more names are released.

Jon Schaffer, a guitarist who founded the metal band Iced Earth, was the first person to file a guilty plea and agree to cooperate with prosecutors, according to Department of Justice filings. Schaffer is also a member of the Oath Keepers, a self-styled militia that prosecutors said planned and practiced its attack on the Capitol weeks in advance...........

CNN) — A man who assaulted United States Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick with pepper spray on January 6, 2021, was sentenced on Friday to 80 months behind bars.

Julian Khater pleaded guilty in September to two counts of assaulting, resisting or impeding officers with a dangerous weapon. His co-defendant, George Tanios, pleaded guilty last summer to disorderly conduct and entering and remaining in a restricted building.

The day after the attack, Sicknick died after suffering several strokes. Washington, DC’s chief medical examiner, Francisco Diaz, determined that the officer died of natural causes and told The Washington Post that the riot and “all that transpired played a role in his condition.” …….

A Jan. 6 defendant who sprayed a chemical irritant at about 15 police officers — and later bragged about it in a video interview — was sentenced Wednesday to 68 months in prison. This is one of the stiffest Jan. 6 sentences handed down to date.

Daniel Caldwell, a 51-year-old Marine Corps veteran, delivered a tearful apology in court to the officers he sprayed, expressing remorse for his actions that day and pleading with U.S. District Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly for mercy.

But Kollar-Kotelly repeatedly described Caldwell as an “insurrectionist” and noted that his deployment of chemical spray at officers created such an intense cloud that it nearly broke the depleted police line by itself. Though no officers directly attributed their injuries that day to Caldwell’s actions, Kollar-Kotelly said his actions undoubtedly contributed to their physical and psychological trauma.

“You’re entitled to your political views but not to an insurrection,” the judge said. “You were an insurrectionist.”

Caldwell has remained in pretrial custody since Feb. 10, 2021 — 721 days, he noted — and was one of the earliest charged with a direct assault on police that day.

But Caldwell’s hearing was most notable for the extensive expression of remorse, delivered almost entirely through tears, to a nearly empty courtroom.

“I must face my actions head on,” he said, before delivering a voluminous apology to the officers he attacked. “I hope that you and our country never have to face another day like January 6th.”

Caldwell said he spent the days immediately after the attack rationalizing what he did and looking for validation from family, friends and his attorney. He said he now looks back at his actions and “it literally floors me.”

He described himself as “ashamed” and “embarrassed” about his conduct and described efforts to better himself while in custody, reading self-help books and reflecting on how he became a catalyst of violence that day.

“I clearly let my emotions take control,” he said. “Being a Marine, I should have known better. … I wish I could take it back, but I can’t.”

As his sister, one of his daughters and her husband looked on, Caldwell lamented that he’d likely miss the birth of his first grandchild while incarcerated and was unable to repair a “broken relationship” with his biological mother, who passed away while he was in pretrial incarceration. He expressed regret that he’d miss his middle child’s military deployment and would be unable to be there for his aging father, who is battling cancer. His youngest son told family members that he felt like his “dad died,” Caldwell recalled. Caldwell’s wife, now the sole provider for the household, was struggling to get by..................

Prosecutors want a federal judge to limit what an Oath Keeper can tell jurors about his autism diagnosis at the impending third trial of members of the militia charged in the Capitol riot.

Jury selection was set to begin Friday for six members of the militia accused of conspiring to disrupt the joint session of Congress on Jan. 6. That same day, a federal judge is set to decide whether one defendant, 22-year-old William Isaacs, can call an expert to testify that his diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) means he was unable to form the intent to commit the crimes he’s charged with on Jan. 6.

Isaacs, a firefighting student from Kissimmee, Florida, was indicted in May 2021 as one of more than a dozen members of the Oath Keepers militia charged with conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding, conspiracy to impede members of Congress, obstruction of an official proceeding, destruction of government property and civil disorder, among other counts.

In the indictment, prosecutors allege Isaacs marched to the Capitol with other Oath Keepers and entered the building through the Columbus Doors as part of what the Justice Department has dubbed “Stack 1.” Five other members of Stack 1 have been convicted at trial of multiple felony counts, including the group’s leader, Kelly Meggs – also of Florida – who was found guilty last year of seditious conspiracy alongside Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes.

Isaacs is accused of joining the crowd in forcibly pushing against the doors leading into the Rotunda and, once inside, waving other rioters down the hallway toward the Senate Chamber while yelling, “The fight’s not over!” Isaacs and other members of Stack 1 left the building after police began deploying chemical spray.

According to filings by both the government and Isaacs’ attorney Charles Greene, at trial he wants to call Dr. Laurie Sperry, a board certified behavior analyst and founding member of Yale University’s Autism Forensics Team, to testify that Isaacs’ autism lead him to be overwhelmed and “hyper-fixated” on his role as a “security aid” to former President Donald Trump.

“William would have been following the orders of the President and would have been focused on that order,” Sperry wrote in a report submitted to the court and excerpted in a filing this month by prosecutors. “In this situation, where the President himself urged William to do something, it would have been difficult if not impossible for him or anyone else with ASD to discern that a crime was being committed. In William’s world, where following the rules and the orders of those in authority is mandatory, it would be impossible for him to even imagine that the President would urge him to commit a crime.”..........

Prosecutors want a federal judge to limit what an Oath Keeper can tell jurors about his autism diagnosis at the impending third trial of members of the militia charged in the Capitol riot.

Jury selection was set to begin Friday for six members of the militia accused of conspiring to disrupt the joint session of Congress on Jan. 6. That same day, a federal judge is set to decide whether one defendant, 22-year-old William Isaacs, can call an expert to testify that his diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) means he was unable to form the intent to commit the crimes he’s charged with on Jan. 6.

Isaacs, a firefighting student from Kissimmee, Florida, was indicted in May 2021 as one of more than a dozen members of the Oath Keepers militia charged with conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding, conspiracy to impede members of Congress, obstruction of an official proceeding, destruction of government property and civil disorder, among other counts.

In the indictment, prosecutors allege Isaacs marched to the Capitol with other Oath Keepers and entered the building through the Columbus Doors as part of what the Justice Department has dubbed “Stack 1.” Five other members of Stack 1 have been convicted at trial of multiple felony counts, including the group’s leader, Kelly Meggs – also of Florida – who was found guilty last year of seditious conspiracy alongside Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes.

Isaacs is accused of joining the crowd in forcibly pushing against the doors leading into the Rotunda and, once inside, waving other rioters down the hallway toward the Senate Chamber while yelling, “The fight’s not over!” Isaacs and other members of Stack 1 left the building after police began deploying chemical spray.

According to filings by both the government and Isaacs’ attorney Charles Greene, at trial he wants to call Dr. Laurie Sperry, a board certified behavior analyst and founding member of Yale University’s Autism Forensics Team, to testify that Isaacs’ autism lead him to be overwhelmed and “hyper-fixated” on his role as a “security aid” to former President Donald Trump.

“William would have been following the orders of the President and would have been focused on that order,” Sperry wrote in a report submitted to the court and excerpted in a filing this month by prosecutors. “In this situation, where the President himself urged William to do something, it would have been difficult if not impossible for him or anyone else with ASD to discern that a crime was being committed. In William’s world, where following the rules and the orders of those in authority is mandatory, it would be impossible for him to even imagine that the President would urge him to commit a crime.”..........

So, he couldn’t form intent but would be capable of making decisions, possibly life and death decisions, as a firefighter.

For our resident lawyers, what is a minute order? Has this guy just screwed himself into a longer prison term? I certainly hope so.

For our resident lawyers, what is a minute order? Has this guy just screwed himself into a longer prison term? I certainly hope so.
    I saw that. A minute order is one which doesn't go along with a long detailed ruling by the judge explaining what was the basis of the decision was. The judge has ruled therefore it is.

Basically the judge ruled that the guy must show him a good reason that he was in contempt of court, or else he will lose the plea deal he made, and face a full trial where he might get the maximum sentence for an aggravated felony. The aggravated factor being after the fact lying to the court about his guilt, and not being sorry for what he did.

He's showing the court that he's incorrigible. If that incorrigible factor is bad enough it can lead to life in prison sentence for what was not that major an offence. He's telling the court that he's not redeemable as a human, so the state will have to protect itself from him by locking him up and throwing away the key.

I saw that. A minute order is one which doesn't go along with a long detailed ruling by the judge explaining what was the basis of the decision was. The judge has ruled therefore it is.

Basically the judge ruled that the guy must show him a good reason that he was in contempt of court, or else he will lose the plea deal he made, and face a full trial where he might get the maximum sentence for an aggravated felony. The aggravated factor being after the fact lying to the court about his guilt, and not being sorry for what he did.

He's showing the court that he's incorrigible. If that incorrigible factor is bad enough it can lead to life in prison sentence for what was not that major an offence. He's telling the court that he's not redeemable as a human, so the state will have to protect itself from him by locking him up and throwing away the key.
    Oh I like that. So the stupid MAGAt thought he was being witty only to possibly have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom