Capitol Riot arrests (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Bigdaddysaints

Reaction score
    Figured we should start a separate thread on the arrests and those involved in the storming of the Capitol. I know it has been talked about in the other thread a lot, but for the ones who just want to follow the ones arrested and/or charged, this will be an easier way to see updates on the investigations.

Link below is everyone who has been arrested. But we know there will be more.

The website seems to be updated with new information daily.

The ones who are getting the most air time:

Jake Angeli
    1610987626331.png

Adam Johnson
    1610987698358.png

Richard Barnett
    1610987768489.png

Kevin Seefried
    1610987811788.png

Eric Gavelek Munchel
    1610987942709.png

Larry R. Brock
    Lisa Eisenhart
    Robert Keith Packer
    Klete Keller
    Aaron Mostofsky
    Anthime Joseph Gionet
    Peter Francis Stager
    Christine Priola

If anyone thinks that some of the officers weren't sympathetic to these insurrectionists, they aren't very smart.
    If a secret ervice guy let me in the White House and i destroy stuff and make threatening statements about the President and Vice President and the rest , i can guarntee you the excuse of " well, one of your guys let me in" isn't gonna help my defense any...
    I don't know what happened to this particular officer, but if he's still and officer of some sort, there or anywhere else, his fellow officers should turn their backs on him and force him out for helping put so many lives in danger.

QAnon Shaman Video Raises Questions About Capitol Police Officers​

Well, I wouldn’t hold my breath that they will do that. The Capitol Police shunned and turned their backs on Michael Fanone, until he resigned, for telling the truth about that day and saying that Trump had responsibility for the attack.

The FBI is searching for a Florida woman who was supposed to stand trial Monday on charges stemming from the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol attack as well as another riot defendant who has also gone missing, officials said.

A federal judge in Washington issued bench warrants for the arrest of Olivia Pollock and Joseph Hutchinson III last week after the court was notified that they had tampered with or removed the ankle monitors that track their location, said Joe Boland, a supervisory special agent with the FBI’s Lakeland, Florida office.

Boland said the FBI has recovered one of the defendants’ ankle monitors after they removed it, but declined to say whether it was Pollock’s or Hutchinson’s. As of Monday afternoon, the FBI had not located either of them, he said.

Olivia Pollock, of Lakeland, is the sister of another Jan. 6 defendant, Jonathan Pollock, who has been on the lam for months. The FBI has offered a reward of up $30,000 in exchange for information leading to the arrest and conviction of her brother, who is accused of assaulting multiple police officers during the riot...........

The Justice Department wants a Maryland man to spend more than five years in prison for forcibly resisting police who were trying to remove him from inside the U.S. Capitol Building on Jan. 6, 2021.

Daniel Egtvedt, of Garrett County, was convicted in January of four felony counts and three misdemeanors, including obstructing the joint session of Congress and forcibly resisting or impeding law enforcement. U.S. District Judge Christopher Cooper, who presided over Egtvedt’s bench trial, acquitted him of two additional counts of committing an act of physical violence and ruled prosecutors had not shown Egtvedt had assaulted any of the officers.

Egtvedt entered the U.S. Capitol Building during the second breach of the Senate Wing doors after he’d already been pepper sprayed by an unidentified police officer. After entering, he berated police and called them “traitors” and urged others to come to the Capitol to “reclaim” the country. He also screamed “Shoot me!” at officers who were attempting to remove him from the building. All of that, Cooper said, was sufficient evidence Egtvedt intended to obstruct the joint session of Congress.

“Obstructing was not an unintended consequence of defendant’s trip to the Capitol,” Cooper said, “it was the purpose.”

Cooper also said he found Egtvedt’s argument that he believed he had permission to enter the building from former President Donald Trump “unpersuasive,” and said even compared to other riot cases, Egtvedt’s behavior inside the building was notable.

“Even among the conduct on Jan. 6, Mr. Egtvedt stands out as being particularly loud and disruptive,” Cooper said...........

The sentencing of a Capitol rioter was interrupted when his mother pleaded for leniency to the judge.

US District Judge Reggie Walton sentenced 21-year-old Aiden Bilyard to 40 months in prison on Friday. Bilyard, who was 18 on January 6 2021, travelled to Washington DC from North Carolina along with two other friends, according to The Charlotte Observer.

Bilyard entered a plea agreement with the prosecution after he admitted in October to assaulting police with a deadly or dangerous weapon when he sprayed Capitol officers with a “pepper gel.” He faced 46 to 57 months in prison.

His mother Amy Bilyard told the judge “that’s not right” as he handed down the sentence, according to Politico reporter Kyle Cheney. Judge Walton’s answer to Ms Bilyard, who was in tears, was: “You make your bed, you’ve got to lie in it.”……

Last edited:
    A federal judge sentenced a Florida man who voted for Obama twice and did not vote for Trump in 2016 to 4.5 years in prison for his participation in the January 6 insurrection.

Judge Amit Mehta sentenced Mitchell Todd Gardner II, 34, of Seffner, Florida, to 55 months in federal prison on Friday in the US District Court for the District of Columbia, according to a news release from the Department of Justice.

Mehta also ordered Gardner to pay $3,500 in restitution and to stay under supervised release for 36 months after he leaves prison.

Prosecutors charged Gardner with obstructing an official proceeding, knowingly entering or remaining in a restricted building, and assaulting, resisting, or impeding officers with a dangerous weapon, according to a criminal complaint.

Attorneys for Gardner argued in a sentencing memorandum filed on March 3 that he grew up in a red state, which explains the "huge discrepancy between his life and nonviolent choices otherwise, and his behavior the day of January 6." Gardner's attorneys said he voted for Obama "both times" and "did not vote for Donald Trump when he ran for office."

It's unclear if Gardner voted for Donald Trump in the 2020 election. Farheena Siddiqui, Gardner's attorney, did not immediately return Insider's request for comment on Sunday.

"He believed President Trump's candidacy to be a joke, a publicity event for a celebrity," the sentencing memorandum states.

After President Joe Biden was announced as the winner of the 2020 presidential election, Trump's misinformation caused Gardner to believe "that the election had been stolen and the way of life in America was about to change," the document says.

Gardner had never been politically active before 2020, but during Trump's presidency he "flourished financially," which led him to believe the misinformation that Trump was spreading, his attorneys said...............

A federal judge declared a mistrial Tuesday after a jury deadlocked on the question of whether a U.S. Army veteran who served as the Oath Keepers' operations leader on Jan. 6 obstructed the joint session of Congress.

Jurors deliberated for a week before returning guilty verdicts Monday on all counts against four Oath Keepers affiliates who entered the U.S. Capitol Building on Jan. 6. The jury returned a mixed verdict, however, on two remaining defendants who did not: Bennie Parker, of Ohio, and Michael "Whip" Greene, of Indiana. The jury returned Tuesday and convicted Parker on the remaining count of obstruction.

Greene, a U.S. Army veteran who served as the Oath Keepers’ operations leader on Jan. 6, was acquitted of two counts of conspiracy and one count of tampering with evidence. Jurors found him guilty on a misdemeanor count of entering and remaining in a restricted grounds – but remained deadlocked Tuesday on a fifth count of obstruction of an official proceeding. After hearing about the impasse, U.S. District Judge Amit P. Mehta declared a mistrial on the remaining count against Greene.

Greene was represented at trial by Dallas-based attorney Britt Redden and Hawaii-based attorney William Shipley, a former federal prosecutor who also represented Oath Keeper Roberto Minuta during the second group trial earlier this year. Minuta and three other defendants in that group were found guilty on all counts, including seditious conspiracy, in January.

“We’ve always believed Michael Greene was indicted in order to keep him from testifying on behalf of the Oath Keepers who were targeted by the government,” Shipley said in a statement to WUSA9. “He was the ‘security professional’ who led the personal security teams who assisted VIPs and kept them safe on January 6. The government never wanted to admit or acknowledge that was the purpose for the Oath Keepers’ presence in Washington, D.C.

“Britt Redden and I are happy that the jury saw through the farce that was the government’s case against him,” Shipley added. “It was a case that should have never been brought.”..............

WASHINGTON — A Trump supporter who was filming with a GoPro strapped to his helmet when he jumped through a broken window to storm the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 was sentenced to 9 months in prison on Tuesday.

Anthony Puma, a Michigan resident, pleaded guilty in August, admitting that, with his GoPro strapped to his head and recording, he bragged about scaling a Capitol wall before jumping through a broken window. He ended up in Sen. Jeff Merkley's Senate hideaway office, where rioters were smoking marijuana.

“There you go. Right through the f------ window. That’s how we do it," Puma said after jumping through the window.

The Justice Department sought 18 months in federal prison and pointed to his preplanning to storm the Capitol.

“On the 6th when we are all there in the capital and he is givin his second term the people will see. Then you never know we might have to start killing some commie b-------. #stopthesteal," Puma wrote on Facebook in December 2020. On Jan. 5, 2021, he warned in another post, "War is coming,” and later asked “What time do we storm the House of Representatives?”

Later, he posted, “Hopefully we are storming the House of Representatives tomorrow at 100pm.”

Puma's lawyers argued he'd been punished enough.

"Despite Mr. Puma’s disrespectful and thoughtless conduct on January 6, 2021, the fact remains that he was never violent, never destroyed property and did not bring weapons or act in concert with extremist groups," his lawyers argued............

March 23 (UPI) -- A federal judge sentenced the Capitol rioter who led a mob to the office of Rep. Nancy Pelosi to three years in prison on Thursday.

Riley Williams, who was convicted on six counts in November relating to storming the Capitol, was remanded after her sentence was handed down, NBC News reports. U.S. District Court Judge Amy Berman Jackson said she had "no confidence whatsoever" in Williams' respect for the law, which is why she had her placed in custody immediately.

Williams was convicted on two felony charges: interfering with law enforcement officers during a civil disorder and resisting or impeding law enforcement officers. She was also found guilty on four misdemeanor offenses............

I want to know how Riley knew exactly where to go to find Pelosi’s inner office. She had help, IMO.

I want to know how Riley knew exactly where to go to find Pelosi’s inner office. She had help, IMO.
    Well, the Speaker of the House's office isn't too difficult to find. It's pretty hard to miss even in a building the size of the Capitol. Having worked there before, the offices of the Congessional leaders are pretty easy to find. If it was a random office in one of the House or Senate office buildings, that would be different.

So, even a cursory knowledge of the building, if you have a general idea of where in the building it is, you'll find it pretty easily.

That said, everyone last one of those idiots who got into the building should be charged. They should count themselves lucky to only get a couple of years in prison.

Yeah, I misremembered, Dave. There was a group that made it to an obscure office, though, where the actual electoral ballots might have been. Once again, if I am remembering correctly, lol. I read about it but it was a long time ago.

Yeah, I misremembered, Dave. There was a group that made it to an obscure office, though, where the actual electoral ballots might have been. Once again, if I am remembering correctly, lol. I read about it but it was a long time ago.
    Yeah, there's definitely little known areas the public doesn't get to see outside of private tours and such, and I know some were given such tours leading up to that whole mess. Certainly there was planning ahead of time. The question is who was involved in the planning and who were the unwitting participants?

I'm pretty sure at least a couple of Congressional offices facilitated those tours. Whether they knowingly did that as part of scouting for the riots is hard to say or know. But it happened.

WASHINGTON (AP) — A Kansas City, Kansas, man said he was “ridiculously ashamed” before he was sentenced Monday to four months of incarceration for joining a mob’s attack on the U.S. Capitol.

U.S. District Judge Tanya S. Chutkan also ordered 48-year-old Kasey Hopkins to pay $500 restitution in a video conference hearing. His incarceration will be followed by 24 months of probation, The Kansas City Star reports.

Hopkins acknowledged during the hearing that he was sent to prison in 2002 for a rape conviction. He said that after getting out, he tried to make amends and started a business.

But on Jan. 6, 2021, Hopkins breached the Capitol twice and entered a senator’s private office, where he took pictures of rioters ransacking the room.

“I’m ridiculously ashamed to be here right now,” he said, adding that “the mob mentality is a very, very real thing.”

Chutkan praised Hopkins for undergoing “personal transformation," but she said his involvement in the riot “boggled my mind.” Court documents said that Hopkins proposed “forming a group of ‘Proud Felons for Trump’ when he heard the Proud Boys might not accept men with felony convictions.”.........

Stupid is as Stupid does.. Hopefully it ruined his LEO career, but i doudt it..

Ex-Capitol Police officer sentenced after sending 'stupid and reckless' messages to Jan. 6 rioter​

Michael Riley was found guilty in October of one of two counts of obstruction of justice. sentenced to 120 days of home incarceration on Thursday
    Riley said what he did after the riot was "stupid and reckless" but said he "never thought I was breaking the law."
    Riley was convicted for deleting his messages with the rioter after he found out Hiles had been speaking with the FBI, but the jury did not reach a verdict on whether Riley's initial messages to Hiles were unlawful.

WASHINGTON (AP) — A Southern California man who assaulted police with pepper spray during the storming of the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, was sentenced to 4 1/2 years in prison, federal authorities announced.

Jeffrey Scott Brown, 56, of Santa Ana received a sentence of 54 months in federal prison for felony and misdemeanor charges related to the mob attack by supporters of former President Donald Trump, the U.S. Department of Justice said in a Friday press statement.

More than 1,000 individuals have been arrested, including more than 320 people who have been charged with assaulting or impeding law enforcement, the DOJ said. Trump supporters that day tried to stop Congress from certifying presidential election results for Joe Biden, a Democrat, over Trump, a Republican.

Brown and two co-defendants were found guilty at trial in December.

Peter J. Schwartz of Uniontown, Pennsylvania, is scheduled to be sentenced in May. It was not clear why Markus Maly of Fincastle, Virginia, was not sentenced Friday as scheduled…….

Former FBI agent Jared L Wise was arrested on Monday (1 May) and charged with four misdemeanors related to his alleged attendance and participation in the January 6 attack on the Capitol.

Federal prosecutors say Mr Wise, a former FBI special agent and bureau supervisor, illegally entered the Capitol building and called police officers “Nazis” while encouraging the mob to “kill ‘em” on 6 January 2021.

According to an affidavit filed in Washington DC District Court, Mr Wise, 51, can be seen on Capitol CCTV footage entering the building, walking around then exiting the building through a window.

The former FBI agent can also be seen and heard on Metropolitan Police Department body-worn cameras, yelling at police officers, “You’re disgusting. You are the Nazi. You are the Gestapo.”…..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom