Capitol Riot arrests (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Bigdaddysaints

Reaction score
    Figured we should start a separate thread on the arrests and those involved in the storming of the Capitol. I know it has been talked about in the other thread a lot, but for the ones who just want to follow the ones arrested and/or charged, this will be an easier way to see updates on the investigations.

Link below is everyone who has been arrested. But we know there will be more.

The website seems to be updated with new information daily.

The ones who are getting the most air time:

Jake Angeli
    1610987626331.png

Adam Johnson
    1610987698358.png

Richard Barnett
    1610987768489.png

Kevin Seefried
    1610987811788.png

Eric Gavelek Munchel
    1610987942709.png

Larry R. Brock
    Lisa Eisenhart
    Robert Keith Packer
    Klete Keller
    Aaron Mostofsky
    Anthime Joseph Gionet
    Peter Francis Stager
    Christine Priola

uh huh.

sure thang.

gotcha.

you continue to believe what you wish to believe. Fact remains, a young woman is dead, not for a cause...for an ideology that had her break into the Capitol of the US, and continue on her rampage to where high-level government officials were being protected.
    I kinda felt like the intent of the post you replied to was to illustrate how the insurrectionist and the people who defend their actions don't seem to have a problem with the way police interact with other people.....say people like George Floyd but have a big problem when police rightfully shoot and kill an insurrectionist trying to interfere with government business and murder members of congress. It was evidenced by some of the insurrectionists, who in disbelief, lamented the fact that "you're supposed to shoot them not us" when the police were doing their job trying to prevent them from entering the capitol.

that was not a protester and you know it.
    I agree the poor, misguided woman who traveled to D.C. to take part in a treasonous, unlawful, attempted insurrection to prevent Trump's defeat by Congress certifying the EC certification who got shot and killed wasnt a protester. Still, when it comes to civil unrest, large-scale domestic protests like anti-war rallies, anti-globalization anarchist groups (Battle in Seattle, WTO 1999) those are some situations where a louder, angrier sub-sets, with different idealogies who have more radical views, and methods about how they want to achieve them, or their just angry, disenfranchised impressionable types who aren't very mature and partly their to let off some steam and lack the awareness, ability to comprehend how angry, violent words can seem to some like death threats, those lines can be crossed so easily and have been so many times.

REally ? She was warned ? I didn't know that. Do you have corroboration of that ?

Turn the sound up. And, don't you think a double door that is barricaded with chairs hooked onto the door handles is enough to say "enter here at risk of being shot."

And to be sure, besides the warnings, the agent who shot her had his gun drawn and aimed in her direction long enough for her to notice and back away, but nah, she didn't and that's the outcome we get.

Turn the sound up. And, don't you think a double door that is barricaded with chairs hooked onto the door handles is enough to say "enter here at risk of being shot."

And to be sure, besides the warnings, the agent who shot her had his gun drawn and aimed in her direction long enough for her to notice and back away, but nah, she didn't and that's the outcome we get.
    I think it's nearly a miracle that it was only her that was shot.. the restraint shown was pretty incredible, I just jumped in here so I haven't really read anything but LOL if it's being argued that the shooting wasn't justified or something. Justifiably he probably could have taken out a few more terrorists along with her, to be honest.

I kinda felt like the intent of the post you replied to was to illustrate how the insurrectionist and the people who defend their actions don't seem to have a problem with the way police interact with other people.....say people like George Floyd but have a big problem when police rightfully shoot and kill an insurrectionist trying to interfere with government business and murder members of congress. It was evidenced by some of the insurrectionists, who in disbelief, lamented the fact that "you're supposed to shoot them not us" when the police were doing their job trying to prevent them from entering the capitol.

he was attempting to rope me in to that very discussion.

Unfortunately, i seen it. lol

And in the process avoided the "Benji Vortex". ;)

he was attempting to rope me in to that very discussion.

Unfortunately, i seen it. lol

And in the process avoided the "Benji Vortex". ;)
    If you were replying to @RebSaint, I read and see it differently. However, you may have recent history with that poster so I'll see my way out stage right.

If you were replying to @RebSaint, I read and see it differently. However, you may have recent history with that poster so I'll see my way out stage right.

OMFG @RebSaint - dude that wasnt meant for you lol

I thought that was RoofGardner posting that. My fault for not paying too much attention to the poster. I thought he was commenting on my stance as it relates to the gal getting shot.

my apologies to @RebSaint

I'm literally sitting here

Yes.

I think it's nearly a miracle that it was only her that was shot.. the restraint shown was pretty incredible, I just jumped in here so I haven't really read anything but LOL if it's being argued that the shooting wasn't justified or something. Justifiably he probably could have taken out a few more terrorists along with her, to be honest.

No offense to officer sicknick or anyone else injured on the 6th but I thought it was going to be a lot worse

As I was watching I thought that this day was going to end with dozens dead and hundreds injured

No offense to officer sicknick or anyone else injured on the 6th but I thought it was going to be a lot worse

As I was watching I thought that this day was going to end with dozens dead and hundreds injured
    It's only because the terrorists/insurrectionists only came across people whom they naturally presumed would be on their side: law enforcement... And then when the terrorists figured out that law enforcement wasn't on their side, they fought them.

There is no real reason to believe it wouldn't have been far more deadly had they been able to reach the politicians. And I will reiterate, we came pretty forking close to that happening.

If BLM, the New Black Panthers, NAACP, or any other non-white left wing group tried this crap, it would have been a blood bath. Also, I think the feds didn't want a recreation of Ruby Ridge or Waco to stir up more of the crazies.

If BLM, the New Black Panthers, NAACP, or any other non-white left wing group tried this crap, it would have been a blood bath. Also, I think the feds didn't want a recreation of Ruby Ridge or Waco to stir up more of the crazies.

Yeah probably, that does make sense. Still, in the moment though it's just hard to believe that they were able to be so restrained.. got to be difficult to do so in order to not further stir up the crazies when the crazies are currently chasing you through the US Capitol building.

Yeah probably, that does make sense. Still, in the moment though it's just hard to believe that they were able to be so restrained.. got to be difficult to do so in order to not further stir up the crazies when the crazies are currently chasing you through the US Capitol building.

Well, the security was overwhelmed by the sheer number of people. Had they started shooting onto that crowd coming in, they would have gotten overrun and probably more than one loses their life trying to defend the Capitol. For the safety of the officers inside and the rest of the Congress and staff, how they did it was the best possible outcome.

That said, I'll never understand why NG troops were not brought in to support security during the event. It's not like no one knew that might happen. They should have been set up on site the morning of Jan 5th, familiarize themselves with the grounds and have a clear plan of action to respond to a crowd attempting to get to the Capitol.

Well, the security was overwhelmed by the sheer number of people. Had they started shooting onto that crowd coming in, they would have gotten overrun and probably more than one loses their life trying to defend the Capitol. For the safety of the officers inside and the rest of the Congress and staff, how they did it was the best possible outcome.

That said, I'll never understand why NG troops were not brought in to support security during the event. It's not like no one knew that might happen. They should have been set up on site the morning of Jan 5th, familiarize themselves with the grounds and have a clear plan of action to respond to a crowd attempting to get to the Capitol.
    That bit, at least, is clear and understood. The NG was indeed mobilised, but the Mayor kept them away from the Capitol building itself because she didn't like the 'optics' of armed NG on the steps of the capitol. So there where given distant duties (traffic control etc) to release the Capitol police to be onsite at the capitol building itself.

Once the riot started, they where ordered back to their armoury to tool up, and by the time they arrived on the scene, it was all over.

Who cares if she was warned. She was a breaking and entering perp, that was aggressively crossing over a barricade inside the Capitol. The law gives the right to use deadly force in that situation

I only regret she wasn’t shot in the stomach so she would have suffered before she died.
    Yeah.. right. Which law, precisely, gives the right to use deadly force in that situation ? If they where truly worried about the safety of congressmen (and aides etc), then fair enough. But is that actually the case, and was it appropriate to 'shoot-to-kill' through a glass door ?

Translation: Some are only interested in questioning appropriate police procedures and responses because of agendas and the people who are being policed.
    When someone is killed, it is reasonable to ask why ?

Only if you don’t know the difference between a temporary fence and a wall.
    Weeeell..that seems a TRIFLE nit-picking. It was a pretty sturdy fence ?
    Capitol_Breach_87517-1024x548.jpg

2bce8aa7-1752-48c9-8faa-53c4b0f9e41f-Capitol_Hill_Security_07.JPG

Not nitpicking at all. It’s a temporary fence. Calling it a wall is just hyperbole. And it’s been gone for a while, so I don’t know why you would be going on about it now anyway.

Also, there were members of Congress sheltering in the room that the insurrectionists were trying to break into. What would you have had the police do in that situation? Just let them come in?

She was warned by police and her fellow insurrectionist and came through anyway. They had already broken the glass, this was a desperate situation for law enforcement and they did what they had to do.

Not nitpicking at all. It’s a temporary fence. Calling it a wall is just hyperbole. And it’s been gone for a while, so I don’t know why you would be going on about it now anyway.

Also, there were members of Congress sheltering in the room that the insurrectionists were trying to break into. What would you have had the police do in that situation? Just let them come in?

She was warned by police and her fellow insurrectionist and came through anyway. They had already broken the glass, this was a desperate situation for law enforcement and they did what they had to do.
    Pretty large and sturdy 'temporary fence' isn't it ? Ah well, I won't argue your point. AS for the Air Force vet who was shot in the throat.. well... I'll look at the footage again. I tried it with headphones and I couldn't hear ANY warnings from the Agent who shot her, but then it WAS very noisy. Question is.. if there WAS a warning, could SHE have heard it ?

And was it necessary to 'shoot to kill' ?

I guess there is an ongoing investigation about this, and the truth will out !

And was it necessary to 'shoot to kill' ?

I'm pretty sure George Floyd's and Breonna Taylor's families are asking the same question.

I guess there is an ongoing investigation about this, and the truth will out !

A fascist traitor is dead who facilitated an attempt to overturn an election. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom