Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone (CHAZ) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Intensesaint

Reaction score
    They even have their own wiki.

Any guess on how long it lasts?

Seems like there are already problems with a rapper in the area named RAZ declaring himself the leader of sorts, and they are forcing businesses in the zone to give up their Seattle city affiliation. Sounds like freedom to me..

Covid is a much bigger problem for businesses and the economy than Black lives matter.

I wish they would say "Save the economy, wear a mask". Maybe more people would listen then.
    I have a feeling if you woke up and your business was in a new nation run by mob rule with armed revolutionaries all under the control of a c list rapper, you might feel a wee bit different.

I have a feeling if you woke up and your business was in a new nation run by mob rule with armed revolutionaries all under the control of a c list rapper, you might feel a wee bit different.

I might feel different, but i'd be wrong.

I might feel different, but i'd be wrong.

Why would you be wrong? You seem to think this doesn't have any affect on their businesses. It seems to me this is having an obvious affect on their businesses. What if most of their business is from people outside the zone? You think that's sustainable?

I'm not saying whether the zone should be there or not, but realistically, people inside and just outside the zone are being affected. I'd say that at this point, the whole exercise is hurting their cause more than helping.

Why would you be wrong? You seem to think this doesn't have any affect on their businesses. It seems to me this is having an obvious affect on their businesses. What if most of their business is from people outside the zone? You think that's sustainable?

I'm not saying whether the zone should be there or not, but realistically, people inside and just outside the zone are being affected. I'd say that at this point, the whole exercise is hurting their cause more than helping.

I had said covid is a bigger threat to the economy that chaz.

He said I wouldn’t feel that way if they had burned down my business.

Covid would still be a bigger threat to the economy than chaz, even if some of my personal property got destroyed by chaz.

The reason I brought up covid was because reopening too soon is analogous to letting a group of extremists taking over a few blocks of your city.

I had said covid is a bigger threat to the economy that chaz.

He said I wouldn’t feel that way if they had burned down my business.

Covid would still be a bigger threat to the economy than chaz, even if some of my personal property got destroyed by chaz.

The reason I brought up covid was because reopening too soon is analogous to letting a group of extremists taking over a few blocks of your city.

In the bigger picture I would agree, but the more immediate problem is that of being able to run their businesses without interference. They can't do it more because of chaz/chop than because of covid. Covid certainly will present a more problematic long term issue though.

If their goal of the protest at her place was to get her to close the street festival down, mission accomplished! well done!

I give it a couple of weeks at most. I wonder if the reports of people shaking down business owners in the zone for "protection" money is true. Because that's basically the mafia.

Lasted just a hair longer than I expected it to, not as long as the Bundy takeover of the federal wildlife facility, but this was a bigger and more complex protest/takeover, so it was not likely to last as long.

There is one in NYC now, so all is not lost.

So, for those on the right, here is one conservative’s take on why the narrative that these things mean the death of America are off the mark. It’s a long thread, but please read and consider it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom