Biden Tracker (5 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

2 months, no. But do I consider the US military calling out an opinion journalist on social media because of criticism an alarming development in a democracy but I guess you are fine with it.

What was that a few years ago everyone was grabbing pearls about....Oh, the governmental attack on our press? I think it was if I remember correctly.

I'm fine with a military leader defending their soldiers. Tucker isn't "the press". He isn't a journalist, he is a talk show host.

Last edited:
Everyone knows about Tucker and his idea about attacking the military, Farb. I have edited my post with a rebuttal to his points, which are where your article came from or where Tucker got his ideas, either way. They are the same talking points.

{Opinion journalist} lol.

Not really seeing how this fits in the Biden Tracker....🤷‍♀️

In response to your CNN article:

No need. The very CNN article I posted already included Fauci's comments to push back against the headline claim. So, I hope you read more than just the headline.

In a White House press briefing Thursday afternoon, Fauci rejected the suggestion that the Biden administration would have to build a distribution plan from "scratch."

"We're certainly not starting from scratch, because there is activity going on in the distribution," Fauci said, adding that the Biden administration is "amplifying" in significant ways existing vaccine distribution efforts.
"I mean we're coming in with fresh ideas, but also some ideas with ... the previous administration. You can't say it was absolutely not usable at all," Fauci said.

Prior to Inauguration Day, some of Biden's Covid-19 advisers had wanted to be careful not to be overly critical in public of the Trump administration's handling of the virus and vaccine, given that the Biden transition team was already having a hard time getting critical information and cooperation from the outgoing administration, a source said.

Now that the transition of power has taken place, the Biden administration is hoping that they can quickly start to get a clearer picture of where things actually stand with vaccine distribution and administration across the country, going through something of a "fact-checking" exercise on what exactly the Trump administration had and had not done, they added.

It's also why, in my own words, I gave the Trump admin some credit, and gave my thoughts on why the roll out was a bit jumbled at first. I didn't get detailed, because I don't know enough of the details to critique beyond what I did.

2 months, no. But do I consider the US military calling out an opinion journalist on social media because of criticism an alarming development in a democracy but I guess you are fine with it.

What was that a few years ago everyone was grabbing pearls about....Oh, the governmental attack on our press? I think it was if I remember correctly.
I think the response was fine. If someone is going to critique a military decision on how they treat their personnel , then the military can reach out to their own members and the general public to defend their reasoning for various policies to make it better for women in the military. it's a volunteer army, so they need to make sure all soldiers, male and female, are focused on the mission. So, they cut down other issues that can crop up.

Following Biden's remarks on International Women's Day highlighting efforts to make the military more accommodating for women service members, Carlson accused the president of feminizing the US armed forces while overlooking other pressing challenges, like China.

"So we've got new hairstyles and maternity flight suits," Carlson said. "Pregnant women are going to fight our wars. It's a mockery of the US military."

Government has a long history of criticizing the news media. I mean, you're going to ignore the previous Commander in Chief and his criticisms? They're not silencing them. Many even flat out said, "he's free to his opinion".

Why wouldn't the Military, the employer, reach out to the soldiers, their employees, to mention what they chose to do and why? The whole 'feminizing the military' is such a stupid and lazy argument anyway. He's an idiot for trying to make it about masculine strong, feminine weak. it's not even the point.

BTW...Here's a change that the Military was doing back in the Masculine only Trump years....

https://www.military.com/daily-news...body-armor-accommodate-womens-hairstyles.html

OH MY GOD, Look how they were feminizing the Military by allowing body armor and helmets that fit a woman wearing her hair in a bun!!!

To reinforce the whole 'this is why I think the argument about feminizing the military is a stupid argument' ...

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opini...ews-tucker-carlson-pentagon-wants-ncna1260958

U.S. military branches frequently experience fluctuations in recruitment and have in recent years resorted to waiving recruitment standards and offering more generous financial incentives, both to lure new recruits and entice experienced personnel to re-enlist. Women represent a huge, undertapped pool of potential talent — if they can be persuaded to enlist and, especially, to re-enlist.

In 2017 a military study found only 11 percent of young people considered military service a viable option — with a much smaller fraction actually enlisting — a 10-year low. According to a 2016 survey, while nearly 60 percent of recruits came from families with a history of military service, only 43 percent reported being likely to encourage their children to adopt the same career path, due to cuts in benefits.

In ridiculing flight suits for pregnant women, Carlson inadvertently highlighted the exact kind of situation where the military has huge incentives — and opportunities — to improve recruitment and retention of female personnel.

Even if you, like Carlson, don’t care that women in the armed forces have for decades had to put up with flight suits not designed for their bodies, you might still be interested in persuading more female pilots to re-enlist rather than pursue lucrative private-sector careers. That’s because the Air Force has suffered a shortage in pilots for years — around 2,000 pilots at present, mostly due to inadequate retention. And the Air Force has spent between $1.1 million and $10.9 million to fully train each one.

Trimming away hassles are one sensible and cost-effective way of doing that. That explains why the Army recently modified its grooming standards to allow a number of conservative hairstyles and adornments compatible with duties, such as wearing nail polish — which is actually used by some male soldiers to protect against chemical exposure and wear and tear in the field.

Even more vital is tackling head-on high rates of sexual harassment and assault and the culture of silence suppressing reporting of such problems that has harmed many women in military services — in some cases, fatally.

Such reforms are merited purely on the basis of fairness and the protection the armed forces owes all of its troops, but the benefits should be clear even if you don’t care about such things. While the old guard bemoans the breaking up of the boys' club and the costs that sometimes accompany more fully integrating women — for example, redesigning aircraft and submarines to accommodate female crew — they thoughtlessly overlook the opportunities presented by literally doubling the pool of eligible personnel.

Do you think it matters if our enemies are being blown out of the sky, or their ships sunk by someone operating a warship or aircraft that is male or female?

You'd think we'd want out fighting force well trained, fed, clear headed, and have minimal BS distractions in order to execute the mission at hand.

And considering where we've been lately, I'm perfectly OK with that.

Seriously, I don't think I'm alone when I say that my overall level of general anxiety has enormously decreased since Biden was elected and we now have a President with a history of saying dumb things or doing something embarrassing in public at precisely the wrong moment (who was widely referred to as Uncle Joe in memes when he was VP) over a president who has a history of sociopathy, misogyny, greed, hate, racism, narcissism, philandering, cheating, lying, abuse, sexual fantasies of his own daughter, etc.. I really did not intend on his negative qualities list being that long but I actually could have easily kept going without having to stop and think but we all already know who he is - inside and out.

We all might be fine with it, but the USMC was not fine with the 2 tweets and the social commentary from Stalker and a lot of push back from those that are allowed to have opinions, actual service members.

I also didn't make this masculine vs. feminine. You took that loose sweater strain and ran with it.

Here is where I got my 3 million by the end of December figure:

“Only about 2.8 million Americans had received a COVID-19 vaccine going into the last day of December, putting the United States far short of the government’s target to vaccinate 20 million people this month.”

Biden has got our average up to 2-3 million doses a day, so I would consider that accelerated from ~900,000.
I was hospitalized from 12/26 to 1/6 after a bad car accident and the vaccine numbers were all they would talk about when I would put on both Fox ("Vaccine rollout is going great! Trump will be remembered as one of the greatest!") or CNN ("Christ, did he just quit being president after the election?"). When I got discharged from the hospital, the number of vaccines administered was still the 2.8 million you're quoting because they apparently only report the vaccine numbers weekly and I remember an interview where the guest did the math for the vaccination rate to reach a level of herd immunity. At the pace Trump's "we created the vaccine and will dump it in any state that wants it but we're not going to assist in distribution further than that" plan, it would have taken like 5 years for us to reach herd immunity. Pretty sure they're talking about herd immunity being possible by the fall now, aren't they?

I think the response was fine. If someone is going to critique a military decision on how they treat their personnel , then the military can reach out to their own members and the general public to defend their reasoning for various policies to make it better for women in the military. it's a volunteer army, so they need to make sure all soldiers, male and female, are focused on the mission. So, they cut down other issues that can crop up.

Government has a long history of criticizing the news media. I mean, you're going to ignore the previous Commander in Chief and his criticisms? They're not silencing them. Many even flat out said, "he's free to his opinion".

Why wouldn't the Military, the employer, reach out to the soldiers, their employees, to mention what they chose to do and why? The whole 'feminizing the military' is such a stupid and lazy argument anyway. He's an idiot for trying to make it about masculine strong, feminine weak. it's not even the point.

BTW...Here's a change that the Military was doing back in the Masculine only Trump years....

https://www.military.com/daily-news...body-armor-accommodate-womens-hairstyles.html

OH MY GOD, Look how they were feminizing the Military by allowing body armor and helmets that fit a woman wearing her hair in a bun!!!

To reinforce the whole 'this is why I think the argument about feminizing the military is a stupid argument' ...

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opini...ews-tucker-carlson-pentagon-wants-ncna1260958

Do you think it matters if our enemies are being blown out of the sky, or their ships sunk by someone operating a warship or aircraft that is male or female?

You'd think we'd want out fighting force well trained, fed, clear headed, and have minimal BS distractions in order to execute the mission at hand.
Are there other examples of the military criticizing someone specific in the media?

Are there other examples of the military criticizing someone specific in the media?

Do you believe that it matters whether or not it has happened before?

He didn’t say that it happens all the time, so I’m not sure why you think the answer to your question has anything to do with the argument he is presenting.

We all might be fine with it, but the USMC was not fine with the 2 tweets and the social commentary from Stalker and a lot of push back from those that are allowed to have opinions, actual service members.

I also didn't make this masculine vs. feminine. You took that loose sweater strain and ran with it.
No, Tucker did. That's what I was responding to.

Military, I'm not sure. But I'd imagine if asked in a press briefing, there were direct responses.

Government, yeah, lots.

I'm really not going to spend a lot of time to research that. If you have examples, feel free.

I doubt too many in the upper brass of the Military were asked about Rush Limbaugh years ago, when it came to policies. But who knows?

So, that would potentially barely make it within 100 days, but he made it within 58.
1617117271567.png

From the WaPo

So, thanks for the about 13-15Million shots administered? (assumed, based on the math presented, I didn't look up the actual numbers)

And look, we all knew the ramp up would take a little time, but there was also a lack of preparation, and the usual mentality of "the local health departments will handle it".. with little to no info, and severely understaffed due to handling testing and overall Covid Response.
Biden purposely set a low bar so it would be easy to hit. Not a big deal, but Biden acting like his goal was ambitious is laughable.

President Joe Biden this week boasted on Twitter about his promise to administer 100 million vaccine doses in his first 100 days in office, “With the progress we’re making I believe we’ll not only reach that, we’ll break it.” But as some critics have noted, it was a pretty low bar to begin with.

On the day Biden was inaugurated, the U.S. administered nearly 1.5 million shots, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID Data Tracker. On that day, the seven-day average for the previous week was about 966,000 shots a day. In other words, the U.S. was already virtually at the pace Biden set as his goal before he took any action as president.

By Biden’s second day in office, the seven-day average was at the 1 million doses per day average needed to meet his 100-day goal.

...The Biden administration is free to boast about its efforts to ramp up vaccinations, which experts have also praised. But Biden and Psaki are spinning the facts. Although the initial rollout was slow under Trump and many first viewed Biden’s goal as ambitious, vaccinations steadily increased each week, nearly reaching 1 million doses a day when Biden took office.

Military, I'm not sure. But I'd imagine if asked in a press briefing, there were direct responses.

Government, yeah, lots.

I'm really not going to spend a lot of time to research that. If you have examples, feel free.

I doubt too many in the upper brass of the Military were asked about Rush Limbaugh years ago, when it came to policies. But who knows?
I can't find any other time when a member of the military in uniform and on a official Department of Defense platform who criticized someone specific in the media. I believe there were 4 different members of the military that criticized Tucker so it was clearly coordinated. Aren't officers in the military supposed to refrain from any activity in office capacity that could be seen as political?

I can't find any other time when a member of the military in uniform and on a official Department of Defense platform who criticized someone specific in the media. I believe there were 4 different members of the military that criticized Tucker so it was clearly coordinated. Aren't officers in the military supposed to refrain from any activity in office capacity that could be seen as political?
I don't know, has an actual journalist ever attacked military members as Carlson did on his show? As for their response, it wasn't political, it was personal.

Maybe it is hard to find because nobody typically attacks our troops?

Seriously you’re defending a rich butt crevasse who hates our military.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
Top Bottom