Autonomous Zone Mineappolis (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Roofgardener

Reaction score
    It appears that there is now a "no-police zone" in George Floyd Square ? Similar in concept to the Seattle Autonomous Zone ?

I gather that this has been going on for some time, but it has now toughened up. White journalists are threatened if they try and enter.

(approx 4 minutes in).

One person has already been shot and killed, with the Police prevented from entering ?

The insurectionists have posted a list of demands;

Most strange.

https://apnews.com/article/shooting...al-injustice-09c26e54e6546250045adddfc1ec34f6

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Authorities say a man was shot and killed near the the Minneapolis intersection known as George Floyd Square, where Floyd died in police custody last May.

Police received reports about 5:45 p.m. Saturday that two people had been shot and were being brought to the barricades at the entrance to the area. The victim was gone by the time officers arrived, police spokesman John Elder said.

Sadly, this was expected.

It is always a bad thing when people are shot. Gun violence is a problem in the US.

These shootings probably represent less than 2% of yesterday’s shootings.

It is always a bad thing when people are shot. Gun violence is a problem in the US.

I think the main point is that first responders are not allowed in this zone and that led to a boy dying. But yeah, gang violence is rough most places.

I think the main point is that first responders are not allowed in this zone and that led to a boy dying. But yeah, gang violence is rough most places.

I think the main point is that there are too many guns in our country.

I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree.

There is a decent discussions to be had about these autonomous zones popping up in area's where police brutality is rampant. What the OP doesn't understand is that these situations have their roots in the local police, and criminal justice systems. This doesn't happen in a vacuum, or without cause.

OP, and conservatives need to understand the police have done so much self harm to their own inherent authority, and self-legitimacy that the citizens of these area's do not see them as rightful law enforcement entities. That's not the fault of citizens, but the police.

I personally consider the killing of Castile to be far worse then Floyd's. He did the right thing in telling the officer he had a legally purchased firearm in the car. That one fact sealed his fate. What happened to that officer? Nothing.

Minneapolis also has a very strong police union. The head of the Minneapolis police union is a very well documented racist. The one public union Republican's love is police unions. When they pass their public unions laws they always make sure to exclude this one group. Why is that conservatives?

In the end, I can't hold a candle for a police force that hung fried chicken, malt liquor and Newports from a precinct Christmas tree.
    This whole situation is a reflection of the failures of the MPD, not the local citizens.

It appears that there is now a "no-police zone" in George Floyd Square ? Similar in concept to the Seattle Autonomous Zone ?

I gather that this has been going on for some time, but it has now toughened up. White journalists are threatened if they try and enter.

(approx 4 minutes in).

One person has already been shot and killed, with the Police prevented from entering ?

Most strange.

serious question, do you think what they are doing here (I will state that I do not agree with) is the exact same thing that happened on Jan 6th? are you saying they are trying to stop a presidential election from being certified?

Even if gun violence wasn't an issue, and this man's death was caused by gang members beating or knifing him up, and robbing him afterwards its still bullshirt and a weak, defenseless argument to say these autonomous zones existing should prevent medics, EMTs, or even first responders to be delayed or prevented to be rescitated to try and save his life or that homicide detectives shouldn't be allowed to investigate his/her murder and arrest those involved.

There is a decent discussions to be had about these autonomous zones popping up in area's where police brutality is rampant. What the OP doesn't understand is that these situations have their roots in the local police, and criminal justice systems. This doesn't happen in a vacuum, or without cause.

OP, and conservatives need to understand the police have done so much self harm to their own inherent authority, and self-legitimacy that the citizens of these area's do not see them as rightful law enforcement entities. That's not the fault of citizens, but the police.

I personally consider the killing of Castile to be far worse then Floyd's. He did the right thing in telling the officer he had a legally purchased firearm in the car. That one fact sealed his fate. What happened to that officer? Nothing.

Minneapolis also has a very strong police union. The head of the Minneapolis police union is a very well documented racist. The one public union Republican's love is police unions. When they pass their public unions laws they always make sure to exclude this one group. Why is that conservatives?

In the end, I can't hold a candle for a police force that hung fried chicken, malt liquor and Newports from a precinct Christmas tree.
    This whole situation is a reflection of the failures of the MPD, not the local citizens.
    Most major American cities have strong police unions, even in very red conservative states. Minneapolis is no more an aberration to be singled.out here then fellow Midwestern cities like Detroit, Chicago, or Cleveland.

Now, one major Midwestern city who's police forces I have heard some frankly disgusting things happen in terms of systemic racism, rampant corruption and worst, most hideous forms of cronyism is Milwaukee. Back in the 70's and early 80's, there were stories of cops from different precincts showing up at local Playboy clubs, renting out private rooms and holding essentially sex and drug orgies with prostitutes or even young, female beat cops. They had a notorious, openly racist police commissioner nicknamed "Little Hoover", because he used his police forces as a way to intimidate, harass, or even threaten progressive-minded city politicians, or reform-minded elements in the police force who wanted to investigate some of his corruption and racketeering crimes in the same fashion the now-infamous FBI director did with creating COINTELPRO, wire-tapping, harassing, and even writing letters threatening to expose tapes of civil rights, anti-war activists, or stirring up divisions or rival factions within the Black Panthers, even wanting desperately to try and avoid a " Messiah"--charismatic, influential perhaps more moderate Black Panther emerging that might paint the organization is a less hostile, militant prose in comparison to Huey Newton and Eldrige Cleaver. The recently-released HBO MAX Judas and the Black Messiah touches on this very issue.

I hope this helps, danato.

Last edited:
    Most major American cities have strong police unions, even in very red conservative states. Minneapolis is no more an aberration to be singled.out here then fellow Midwestern cities like Detroit, Chicago, or Cleveland. Now, one major Midwestern city who's police forces I have heard some frankly disgusting things happen in terms of systemic racism, rampant corruption and worst, most hideous forms of cronyism is Milwaukee. Back in the 70's and early 80's, there were stories of cops from different precincts showing up at local Playboy clubs, renting out private rooms and holding essentially sex and drug orgies with prostitutes or even young, female beat cops. They had a notorious, openly racist police commissioner nicknamed "Little Hoover", because he used his police forces as a way to intimidate, harass, or even threaten progressive-minded city politicians, or reform-minded elements in the police force who wanted to investigate some of his corruption and racketeering crimes in the same fashion the now-infamous FBI director did with creating COINTELPRO, wire-tapping, harassing, and even writing letters threatening to expose tapes of civil rights, anti-war activists, or stirring up divisions or rival factions within the Black Panthers, even wanting desperately to try and avoid a " Messiah"--charismatic, influential perhaps more moderate Black Panther emerging that might paint the organization is a less hostile, militant prose in comparison to Huey Newton and Eldrige Cleaver. The recently-released HBO MAX Judas and the Black Messiah touches on this very issue.

This is the definition of TLDR and it's because of your spacing. If you want people to read your responses, please use spaces after a few sentences/thought.

Even if gun violence wasn't an issue, and this man's death was caused by gang members beating or knifing him up, and robbing him afterwards its still bullshirt and a weak, defenseless argument to say these autonomous zones existing should prevent medics, EMTs, or even first responders to be delayed or prevented to be rescitated to try and save his life or that homicide detectives shouldn't be allowed to investigate his/her murder and arrest those involved.

Who is saying they should be doing this?

I don’t support any of these autonomous zones. I just don’t think it is an important national issue.

The article you posted doesn’t say that first responders are not allowed into the zone. How do you know that to be the case?

(approx 4 minutes in).

Most strange.

It's okay because it's mostly peaceful...except for the guy who got murdered.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom