/* */

Assassination attempt on Trump (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

So I just noticed, it’s actually 2 people involved in tweeting this nonsense. The Congressman and some other guy named Steve Guest. So I’m predicting this will spread all over.

Do we have even have a name yet of the shooter? There is a chance. This is Christian nationalist upset that abortion, and gay marriage got cut from the GOP platform.

Yeah, the one you’re rooting for to be destroyed.

Thanks for clarifying.

That’s a metaphor we’ve all heard for focusing on something. The central objective.

But I thought it was defended a long time ago, when Palin was running ads with opponents in actual crosshairs, that was okay?
    It's ironic you bring that up because the left said Palin had blood on her hands for the crosshairs. Thats a normal tactic of the left of trying to link mass shooters to prominent right wing people based on the crazy person repeating what they said publicly.

It's a disgusting tactic to say what a prominent person said supposedly inspires a crazy person to shoot someone and they have blood on their hands.

So it's idiotic to link Biden to this shooting based on his bullseye comment. Only horrible people would do that.

Yep but ignorant people say ignorant things and then ignorant people believe them and repeat it. I’ll say it again, social media magnifies and empowers people who are dangerous and unstable. Not sure how you stop this train now
    As much fact checking as can be done. Highlight and point out the nonsense. But I will tell you this as someone who is on Twitter more than I probably should be - the BS isn’t equal from both sides.

There’s more than I would like to see from democrats. But the sheer volume of hatefulness and bigotry award goes to the GOP. It’s not really close.

Here is the difference - people who don’t like Trump were speculating that it wasn’t real right away to my dismay. But once the facts have come out, they will mostly drop it. MAGA and Trump claimed that Pelosi’s attacker was his gay lover for months, even after video of the man breaking in to the Pelosi house was revealed, even after the assailant was identified and ended up being a Trump supporter. I’m sure if you looked you could find MAGA people still claiming that lie even today.

Trump did that by demonizing the media. Not valid criticism, but an autocratic - if they say anything bad about me they’re the enemy of the people.

I’m sure you think I’m someone who has always been a Democrat. Not true, I’m not even registered as one because my state doesn’t make you pick a party to register. I’ve been an independent my entire adult life, until Trump. I have voted for both parties in the past, especially in local elections where you know the people. But the way the GOP rolled over and showed their belly to Trump has pushed me away completely.

It's ironic you bring that up because the left said Palin had blood on her hands for the crosshairs. Thats a normal tactic of the left of trying to link mass shooters to prominent right wing people based on the crazy person repeating what they said publicly.

It's a disgusting tactic to say what a prominent person said supposedly inspires a crazy person to shoot someone and they have blood on their hands.

So it's idiotic to link Biden to this shooting based on his bullseye comment. Only horrible people would do that.
    I think/hope most people are aware of the hypocrisy in politics. They take and use whatever they can to win an election or to get a win for their side. I still hold out hope most Americans can see through it and realize that these people in office are friends outside of how they act in public. I discussed this on SR where I was invited to a prominent shooting club in NY that I had to fill out an NDA to go. There are 2 presidents that are members that are opposite parties that are known to shoot together and are friends but hate each other in public. There are celebrities and politicians who fight for gun control of the guns they own and are shooting and they sit around and drink cocktails smoke cigars laughing about our infighting. They are winning because we sit here and fight while they get absolutely nothing done.

It’s not ironic to point out that we’re way past people being able to feign outrage about the term bullseye; a term so commonly used it’s a laughable stretch anyway.

Certainly different than visually depicting opponents in crosshairs, but all the same, that kind of rhetoric permeates our political discourse too much for Trump to cry about it now. Especially given how often he engages in it.

As much fact checking as can be done. Highlight and point out the nonsense. But I will tell you this as someone who is on Twitter more than I probably should be - the BS isn’t equal from both sides.

There’s more than I would like to see from democrats. But the sheer volume of hatefulness and bigotry award goes to the GOP. It’s not really close.

Here is the difference - people who don’t like Trump were speculating that it wasn’t real right away to my dismay. But once the facts have come out, they will mostly drop it. MAGA and Trump claimed that Pelosi’s attacker was his gay lover for months, even after video of the man breaking in to the Pelosi house was revealed, even after the assailant was identified and ended up being a Trump supporter. I’m sure if you looked you could find MAGA people still claiming that lie even today.

Trump did that by demonizing the media. Not valid criticism, but an autocratic - if they say anything bad about me they’re the enemy of the people.

I’m sure you think I’m someone who has always been a Democrat. Not true, I’m not even registered as one because my state doesn’t make you pick a party to register. I’ve been an independent my entire adult life, until Trump. I have voted for both parties in the past, especially in local elections where you know the people. But the way the GOP rolled over and showed their belly to Trump has pushed me away completely.
    At the end of the day you’re honest about your beliefs. I respect that. I don’t trust any politician, maybe I’m cynical or maybe I’ve known too many. Like I said about the shooting club again. I saw people with my own eyes that spit fire about gun control shooting AR15s that are theirs. Politics is about power and money. It’s not about you and I. I refuse to let them tell me what to think. We have allowed this craziness to happen and now it’s up to us to change it. I wish there was a vote of no confidence where everyone in office could be voted out and could no longer run and we get to vote all new people in

It’s not ironic to point out that we’re way past people being able to feign outrage about the term bullseye; a term so commonly used it’s a laughable stretch anyway.

Certainly different than visually depicting opponents in crosshairs, but all the same, that kind of rhetoric permeates our political discourse too much for Trump to cry about it now. Especially given how often he engages in it.
    Yeah the Palin cross hairs were different than Biden's "bullseye" comment and "blood on her hands" is not the same as "Biden ordered it."

Just saying, as the resident idiot middle of the road guy here.

At the end of the day you’re honest about your beliefs. I respect that. I don’t trust any politician, maybe I’m cynical or maybe I’ve known too many. Like I said about the shooting club again. I saw people with my own eyes that spit fire about gun control shooting AR15s that are theirs. Politics is about power and money. It’s not about you and I. I refuse to let them tell me what to think. We have allowed this craziness to happen and now it’s up to us to change it. I wish there was a vote of no confidence where everyone in office could be voted out and could no longer run and we get to vote all new people in
    I think it’s a fallacy to say that Democrats are anti-gun. Sure there are some who would outlaw them completely if they could, but far more just want some common sense safety measures. We want people to quit dying.

I would even support people having AR15’s with some sort of extra background checking or having secure locks that prevent the gun being used by anybody but them, or some other issues like that.

I don’t want to see any more kids killed by them, though. That’s unbearable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom