Student Loan Forgiveness (MERGED) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Rumors floating around is that today President Biden will be canceling a portion of student loans. That’s fine and all, but what’s your take on it? If it truly is only $10k in forgiveness, is that enough to make much of an impact? Is student loan forgiveness just tax payer funded student loan bribery?

Should be interesting to see how this plays out.

I asked the same questions about FOX? Why do you all hate on FOX all the time? There is your answer. Partisan politics.

Funny how you 'never watch it' but get a little defensive about it.
    Once again you are putting words in my mouth. I mean, I get why you do it, it’s the only way for you to make your supposed points. But ask yourself this - if you have to consistently misrepresent the other side in a debate shouldn’t that give you pause about the validity of your argument?

Fox gets deserved criticism for airing falsehoods. They were a big proponent of many lies and they are still doing it today and every day. If they were partisan, but truthful they wouldn’t catch so much flak. But they aren’t and they deserve the scorn of reality-based people everywhere.

And I’m not talking about simple spin - no. I’m talking about making stuff up. They push lies about elections, lies about Obama’s birth certificate, lies about a DC Pizza Parlor, lies about Seth Rich, lies about Dominion voting machines. None of these were normal political spin, they were just flat out made up. Their evening lineup is straight trash.

What science are you talking about, the science where empirical evidence, reason and review are used or the bought and paid for science?

How did S.Korea and Sweden do compared to other countries that had strict lockdown?
    lol. it doesn't matter. you have made it clear it was all a conspiracy bought and paid for by the gov't.
    you probably don't agree with the number of deaths that occurred and are "bought science" because basic science tells you a deadly transmitted virus can only be spread through contact. if there is less contact, then there is less transmission.
    but hey, I have never been a conspiracy theorists, so excuse my reality.

You got halfway there. You completed your point, you just don't understand the point you've made. You're right in that the degree or job doesn't matter, just as the profession of the taxpayer doesn't matter. Why? Because we are all taxpayers. It's not just people who made good financial decisions or trust fund kids or you and me or Elon Musk. It's everyone- including the people whose debts are being forgiven. It's called being a taxpaying member of society. This happens to be an effort to help relieve millions of people of debt, allowing them to more fully participate in the economy while making it easier for future generations to get an education. This benefits everyone, including the people who complain about it.
    Taxes are for the good of the society as a whole. Not a bail out for those that make bad personal financial decisions.
    They took loans to obtain and over inflated product that they were told they need (by who is what we need to address and correct) in order to make more money. They chose a bad degree to obtain, otherwise, they should be able to pay off their personal loans with hard work out of college.
    If those degrees don't earn the money that will justify borrowing that kind of money, then they should not be available for loans, would you agree to that?

If you make bad decisions with your money, then you don't deserve to have 'full participation in the economy'. You are treating college a necessity, it is not. If you say it is then what justification do we have to ask those that did not attend college to help pay for it? You can't have your cake and eat it too.

This is a vote buy and a virtue signal only.

Once again you are putting words in my mouth. I mean, I get why you do it, it’s the only way for you to make your supposed points. But ask yourself this - if you have to consistently misrepresent the other side in a debate shouldn’t that give you pause about the validity of your argument?

Fox gets deserved criticism for airing falsehoods. They were a big proponent of many lies and they are still doing it today and every day. If they were partisan, but truthful they wouldn’t catch so much flak. But they aren’t and they deserve the scorn of reality-based people everywhere.

And I’m not talking about simple spin - no. I’m talking about making stuff up. They push lies about elections, lies about Obama’s birth certificate, lies about a DC Pizza Parlor, lies about Seth Rich, lies about Dominion voting machines. None of these were normal political spin, they were just flat out made up. Their evening lineup is straight trash.
    Who do they catch flak from?

And just for the record, I rarely watch FOX and when I did, it was Tucker, but I have not watched Tucker for several months, to maybe a year.

just so I am clear, the PPP is not associated to the SBA program?
    You are clear.

Yes, both are from the SBA, that is all they have in common, they both originate from the same bureaucracy.

lol. it doesn't matter. you have made it clear it was all a conspiracy bought and paid for by the gov't.
    you probably don't agree with the number of deaths that occurred and are "bought science" because basic science tells you a deadly transmitted virus can only be spread through contact. if there is less contact, then there is less transmission.
    but hey, I have never been a conspiracy theorists, so excuse my reality.
    Oh my, you ask a question and then the answer 'doesn't matter'. Sure.

So why did those countries have almost the same data as the lockdown countries?

She did indeed. Did I imply she is not part of the government or the bureaucracy? It is also important to note that she was following the CDC guidelines, that were just plain wrong, at the time, but yeah, that was on her. And yes, on Trump as well, hence 'government'.

Who had blinders? I didnt, I think you can look back and myself and many others that 'hated science' and were member of the 'death cult' said the same.
    Why did it not happen in S.Korea and Sweden then (one masked and one didn't)?

You realize that Norway, right next to Sweden, fared far better than Sweden because of their stricter measures, right? And that South Korea also fared better than Sweden because the public completely bought into mask mandates and the government was transparent about the deadliness of the disease.

It's almost like you can repost information with an air of authority, but don't know how to do the tiniest bit of searching to see if what you are saying holds up to basic scrutiny.

You are clear.

Yes, both are from the SBA, that is all they have in common, they both originate from the same bureaucracy.
    You just said they had nothing to do with the SBA, lol.

Who do they catch flak from?

And just for the record, I rarely watch FOX and when I did, it was Tucker, but I have not watched Tucker for several months, to maybe a year.
    As I said in my post - they catch flak from people who are reality based. People who aren’t stupid enough to believe the lies they tell.

Taxes are for the good of the society as a whole. Not a bail out for those that make bad personal financial decisions.
    They took loans to obtain and over inflated product that they were told they need (by who is what we need to address and correct) in order to make more money. They chose a bad degree to obtain, otherwise, they should be able to pay off their personal loans with hard work out of college.
    If those degrees don't earn the money that will justify borrowing that kind of money, then they should not be available for loans, would you agree to that?

If you make bad decisions with your money, then you don't deserve to have 'full participation in the economy'. You are treating college a necessity, it is not. If you say it is then what justification do we have to ask those that did not attend college to help pay for it? You can't have your cake and eat it too.

This is a vote buy and a virtue signal only.

I'm going to add idioms to the list of things you don't understand. College is a necessity for a very large number of very important jobs that keep our society running. College isn't a necessity for every job. It *is* necessary for society to thrive, though and that should be apparent to everyone.

What you have failed to do at any point is support your claim that the people having their debts forgiven made poor financial decisions or obtained bad degrees or any other accusation you have levied.

You realize that Norway, right next to Sweden, fared far better than Sweden because of their stricter measures, right? And that South Korea also fared better than Sweden because the public completely bought into mask mandates and the government was transparent about the deadliness of the disease.

It's almost like you can repost information with an air of authority, but don't know how to do the tiniest bit of searching to see if what you are saying holds up to basic scrutiny.
    Wait, are you admitting those governments didn't mandate a lock down but instead let the citizens be responsible for their own health? What a crazy idea. That led to more continued trust in their government and health officials. That is not the case in lockdown countries.
    Also, according this Norway was less restrictive then Sweden. Not sure how accurate, but it is a fun graph to play with.

https://ourworldindata.org/explorer...+by+test+positivity=false&country=USA~SWE~NOR

You just said they had nothing to do with the SBA, lol.
    LOL, can you show me where I said they had nothing to do with the SBA? I think you left a key word 'loan'. LOL

As I said in my post - they catch flak from people who are reality based. People who aren’t stupid enough to believe the lies they tell.
    What lies?

I'm going to add idioms to the list of things you don't understand. College is a necessity for a very large number of very important jobs that keep our society running. College isn't a necessity for every job. It *is* necessary for society to thrive, though and that should be apparent to everyone.

What you have failed to do at any point is support your claim that the people having their debts forgiven made poor financial decisions or obtained bad degrees or any other accusation you have levied.
    I will add reason to the list of things that are above your head.

The fact that we are paying off their debts is proof they made bad financial decision.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom