All things Racist...USA edition (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    I was looking for a place to put this so we could discuss but didn't really find a place that worked so I created this thread so we can all place articles, experiences, videos and examples of racism in the USA.

This is one that happened this week. The lady even called and filed a complaint on the officer. This officer also chose to wear the body cam (apparently, LA doesn't require this yet). This exchange wasn't necessarily racist IMO until she started with the "mexican racist...you will never be white, like you want" garbage. That is when it turned racist IMO

All the murderer and other insults, I think are just a by product of CRT and ACAB rhetoric that is very common on the radical left and sadly is being brought to mainstream in this country.

Another point that I think is worth mentioning is she is a teacher and the sense of entitlement she feels is mind blowing.

https://news.yahoo.com/black-teacher-berates-latino-la-221235341.html

That is a great post. And the tweet is likely authentic.

My point is that there is an identity syndrome that is empowered by pointing out racism on a daily basis. They point out the obvious endlessly as the new 2021 philosophy.

With regards to NASCAR, what really matters is that now we have black drivers and that the sport will soon be much more diverse. When Jackie Robinson entered the major leagues he was told about the hateful stuff. Robinson who was a Republican did not take the hate like a cry baby and at the end he was highly admired by his peers. Robinson did not embraced the role of the noble victim to feel empowered. Jesses Owens did the same in Germany while Hitler watched. To me these men showed much greater inner strength and pride. Sure, it was a different era.

Who is “they”?

Certainly neither of the two individuals I mentioned “point out racism on a daily basis“ or even in any frequency.

That is a great post. And the tweet is likely authentic.

My point is that there is an identity syndrome that is empowered by pointing out racism on a daily basis. They point out the obvious endlessly as the new 2021 philosophy.

With regards to NASCAR, what really matters is that now we have black drivers and that the sport will soon be much more diverse. When Jackie Robinson entered the major leagues he was told about the hateful stuff. Robinson who was a Republican did not take the hate like a cry baby and at the end he was highly admired by his peers. Robinson did not embraced the role of the noble victim to feel empowered. Jesses Owens did the same in Germany while Hitler watched. To me these men showed much greater inner strength and pride. Sure, it was a different era.
    But did they talk about the racism and condemn it? or did they just ignore it?

You seriously lump all of these different categories of people together when you think of "they"?

Jesus.
    Clearly. Additionally, that's apparently what he thinks is the pertinent issue when presented with someone's personal experience of racism.

Not the racism that person is experiencing.

But that maybe it's not racism, maybe it's attention-seeking. Or maybe the pertinent issue isn't the racism, it's some vague and nebulous 'they' - that apparently includes 'black leaders' - pointing out the racism.

I think there's a way to describe that kind of behaviour, that, when presented with racism, systematically seeks to call it into question, or to reframe it as something manufactured, or exaggerated. How to describe someone behaving like that? I suppose you could start like this:

I worry more about subtle racism (with devastating consequences) that is very hard to detect. I believe it is called systemic racism. A person may be affected by this subtle condescending racism and never realized it is happening.
    Except it's not that subtle.

at yet again and for the 917th time you say the problem isn’t really racists being racist it’s people pointing out the racists being racist

at yet again and for the 917th time you say the problem isn’t really racists being racist it’s people pointing out the racists being racist
    I did not say that.
    I said that some people assume the identity of the noble victim by looking for racism 24/7. Sometimes too much of a good thing can be detrimental to your health. In fact some people see antiracism as a religion. It is desirable to be an antiracist, but not to the point of religion.

so, if someone doesn't have talent or class, they should just accept racism, and wish they were classy and talented? Not everyone has a stage or capability to do that.
    There are plenty of classless untalented white people and they do not experience racism. They share the privilege of other talented white people.

Seriously, racism is one of the "isms" that are associated with tribalism; we evolved in tribes. And if we somehow ended racism it would be replaced by classism. There was a time when England was near 100% white and they had more classism than anyone else in the world. Those in lower social stations had no chance of moving up. The good news is that things are getting better and we need to march ahead with optimism.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom