All things Racist...USA edition (5 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    I was looking for a place to put this so we could discuss but didn't really find a place that worked so I created this thread so we can all place articles, experiences, videos and examples of racism in the USA.

This is one that happened this week. The lady even called and filed a complaint on the officer. This officer also chose to wear the body cam (apparently, LA doesn't require this yet). This exchange wasn't necessarily racist IMO until she started with the "mexican racist...you will never be white, like you want" garbage. That is when it turned racist IMO

All the murderer and other insults, I think are just a by product of CRT and ACAB rhetoric that is very common on the radical left and sadly is being brought to mainstream in this country.

Another point that I think is worth mentioning is she is a teacher and the sense of entitlement she feels is mind blowing.

https://news.yahoo.com/black-teacher-berates-latino-la-221235341.html

That is massively cruel.
    However, could it be a a troll or a Jussie Smollet type person doing this?
    It is hard for me to accept this sort of racism.
    I saw this post before I saw who posted it and thought it was someone parodying @Paul.

Then I looked up and it was actually him. You can’t make this stuff up.

That is massively cruel.
    I get the hesitancy, but to think you don't want to accept stuff like this really happens all the time is quite puzzling..

I get the hesitancy, but to think you don't want to accept stuff like this really happens all the time is quite puzzling..
    I do not underestimate the potential cruelty and evil in humans, but this photo has troll written all over it. I worry more about subtle racism (with devastating consequences) that is very hard to detect. I believe it is called systemic racism. A person may be affected by this subtle condescending racism and never realized it is happening.

Indeed, whether it's a prank, troll or real, the point Paul is apparently missing is that real racism like this still occurs all to frequently., and it shouldn't be.

It was a disgusting tweet, no matter where it came from. Whoever posted it is an idiot.

What the fork is wrong with you?
    I like to consider all angles. However, some people have developed an identity based on the evils of racism and thrive in publishing this stuff on a daily basis. It is the sense of reaffirming the obvious on a daily basis. For some reason it is seen as empowering. McWhorter speaks about this with Don Lemon.

I do not underestimate the potential cruelty and evil in humans, but this photo has troll written all over it. I worry more about subtle racism (with devastating consequences) that is very hard to detect. I believe it is called systemic racism. A person may be affected by this subtle condescending racism and never realized it is happening.
    I am on a group on Facebook group that is called inappropriate memes. Majority of the memes are in bad taste, but generally funny.
    But there is always ones who continually post stuff like the above one. i would say that meme (modified many different ways) is the most popular racist meme i see posted in the group. The ones who post them are proud of it and state as much. I used to call them out on it, but it does no good, so i just scroll past them now.

I am on a group on Facebook group that is called inappropriate memes. Majority of the memes are in bad taste, but generally funny.
    But there is always ones who continually post stuff like the above one. i would say that meme (modified many different ways) is the most popular racist meme i see posted in the group. The ones who post them are proud of it and state as much. I used to call them out on it, but it does no good, so i just scroll past them now.
    That is what I said more or less. Some people thrive on malignant caricatures to make fun of others, And they have an uncanny ability to pick the most painful themes to inflict pain on others. The more people react and lose their minds the more they do it.

Nah, this has nothing to do with that.

Your response to someone sharing his own direct evidence of racism directed at him is to think he’s faking it, or someone else is faking sending the message to him.

Thats messed up no matter how you slice it.
    You need to carefully listen to McWhorter. You assume that anyone that hesitates in believing all this stuff as real is somehow a heretic. Listen to McWHorter in the video above.

That is what I said more or less. Some people thrive on malignant caricatures to make fun of others, And they have an uncanny ability to pick the most painful themes to inflict pain on others. The more people react and lose their minds the more they do it.
    but a lot of times, it's based on racism.

That is massively cruel.

Most here know that I am a longtime Nascar fan - and I have seen patent racism and abuse aimed at black drivers in online comments, tweets, and other platforms for years. This doesn’t surprise me in the least. There may be a fine line between genuine despicable racism and using racism merely as a tool to troll, but I think they are basically the same thing - there is a (thankfully small) segment of Nascar fans who resent diversity in Nascar (drivers, owners, etc.) and act out that resentment by using graphic racism to try to inflict pain on those they see as encroaching on what has always been theirs. Some are undoubtedly hard-core racists and others may be just genuinely nasty people using what they think will hurt . . . but are those two things really any different? Jesse said that he occasionally receives racist messages, I don’t doubt it for a second - I have seen it in public postings. In fact, I think he posted this particular one because it is so graphic and revolting to show us what they endure from time to time.

And I think the reference to Jussie Smollett here is actually illustrative of what I'm talking about. Last year, a team member found what appeared to be a rope fashioned in a noose hanging in Bubba Wallace‘s race garage at Talladega and reported it to NASCAR officials, to investigate as potentially some kind of threat or a hate crime. This came just weeks after Bubba went public with his message to the Nascar community that the confederate flag shouldn’t be flying at Nascar races because it isn’t welcoming to the many and growing numbers of black fans. He was right about that and Nascar agreed - but the concern was that what appeared to be a noose was some retaliatory gesture.

Bubba Wallace was not involved the discovery or original report, whatsoever, but was notified later. After the news broke and while the investigation was pending, Bubba appeared on news channels to talk about it and about the broader theme of racism in the Nascar community - which was really just a continuation of the flag discussion he had already been involved in. Yet, when the investigation found that the rope was a door pull that had likely been in that location for some time, certainly before that garage stall was assigned to Bubba Wallace, that segment of Nascar fans immediately called it a Jussie Smollett incident and accused Bubba of planting it. The comments about it were misplaced, gross, and racist. Still to this day people on Twitter regularly call him Bubba Smollett - and they do with this perverse sort of glee. Even though Bubba Wallace did not discover the rope, did not report it to the official, or was involved in any way, they say he planted it and that gives them license to post abusive comments.

I think that it may seem unreal ("over the top") to those of us who don’t have to experience it. For black Americans, especially black public figures, it isn’t unreal at all and they don't have the option of getting away from it. And I think that’s why Jesse Iwuji posted this particularly grotesque message - to remind us that this still happens. Bubba has said that he receives some nasty stuff (these messages come with intent to inflict pain, so yes, some will be grotesque) but is far outweighed by the supportive messages, so he simply chooses to not call attention to it. I obviously can't say for sure but from what I have seen those people say and even relish in saying it, I have no reason to doubt that it is authentic.

Last edited:
    Most here know that I am a longtime Nascar fan - and I have seen patent racism and abuse aimed at black drivers in online comments, tweets, and other platforms for years. This doesn’t surprise me in the least. There may be a fine line between genuine despicable racism and using racism merely as a tool to troll, but I think they are basically the same thing - there is a (thankfully small) segment of Nascar fans who resent diversity in Nascar (drivers, owners, etc.) and act out that resentment by using graphic racism to try to inflict pain on those they see as encroaching on what has always been theirs. Some are undoubtedly hard-core racists and others may be just genuinely nasty people using what they think will hurt . . . but are those two things really any different? Jesse said that he occasionally receives racist messages, I don’t doubt it for a second - I have seen it in public postings. In fact, I think he posted this particular one because it is so graphic and revolting to show us what they endure from time to time.

And I think the reference to Jussie Smollett here is actually illustrative of what I'm talking about. Last year, a team member found what appeared to be a rope fashioned in a noose hanging in Bubba Wallace‘s race garage at Talladega and reported it to NASCAR officials, to investigate as potentially some kind of threat or a hate crime. This came just weeks after Bubba went public with his message to the Nascar community that the confederate flag shouldn’t be flying at Nascar races because it isn’t welcoming to the many and growing numbers of black fans. He was right about that and Nascar agreed - but the concern was that what appeared to be a noose was some retaliatory gesture.

Bubba Wallace was not involved the discovery or original report, whatsoever, but was notified later. After the news broke and while the investigation was pending, Bubba appeared on news channels to talk about it and about the broader theme of racism in the Nascar community - which was really just a continuation of the flag discussion he had already been involved in. Yet, when the investigation found that the rope was a door pull that had likely been in that location for some time, certainly before that garage stall was assigned to Bubba Wallace, that segment of Nascar fans immediately called it a Jussie Smollett incident and accused Bubba of planting it. The comments about it were misplaced, gross, and racist. Still to this day people on Twitter regularly call him Bubba Smollett - and they do with this perverse sort of glee. Even though Bubba Wallace did not discover the rope, did not report it to the official, or was involved in any way, they say he planted it and that gives them license to post abusive comments.

I think that it may seem unreal ("over the top") to those of us who don’t have to experience it. For black Americans, especially black public figures, it isn’t unreal at all and they don't have the option of getting away from it. And I think that’s why Jesse Iwuji posted this particularly grotesque message - to remind us that this still happens. Bubba has said that he receives some nasty stuff (these messages come with intent to inflict pain, so yes, some will be grotesque) but is far outweighed by the supportive messages, so he simply chooses to not call attention to it. I obviously can't say for sure but from what I have seen those people say and even relish in saying it, I have no reason to doubt that it is authentic.
    That is a great post. And the tweet is likely authentic.

My point is that there is an identity syndrome that is empowered by pointing out racism on a daily basis. They point out the obvious endlessly as the new 2021 philosophy.

With regards to NASCAR, what really matters is that now we have black drivers and that the sport will soon be much more diverse. When Jackie Robinson entered the major leagues he was told about the hateful stuff. Robinson who was a Republican did not take the hate like a cry baby and at the end he was highly admired by his peers. Robinson did not embraced the role of the noble victim to feel empowered. Jesses Owens did the same in Germany while Hitler watched. To me these men showed much greater inner strength and pride. Sure, it was a different era.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom