All things Racist...USA edition (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
Reaction score
I was looking for a place to put this so we could discuss but didn't really find a place that worked so I created this thread so we can all place articles, experiences, videos and examples of racism in the USA.

This is one that happened this week. The lady even called and filed a complaint on the officer. This officer also chose to wear the body cam (apparently, LA doesn't require this yet). This exchange wasn't necessarily racist IMO until she started with the "mexican racist...you will never be white, like you want" garbage. That is when it turned racist IMO

All the murderer and other insults, I think are just a by product of CRT and ACAB rhetoric that is very common on the radical left and sadly is being brought to mainstream in this country.

Another point that I think is worth mentioning is she is a teacher and the sense of entitlement she feels is mind blowing.

https://news.yahoo.com/black-teacher-berates-latino-la-221235341.html

Notice you did a lot of "I think" they are racist so therefore they are racist.
Note: I am going off of the local Moms for Liberty in my state that I know. I do not know these women so was trying to be fair. The ones in my state I have seen examples of their racism, so it follows that other chapters would be similar. This organization is being funded by some dark money, it’s not organic (IMO). Too many chapters with organizers that show up from out of state and it happened very quickly.

According to your definition of pro-censorship, everyone would be pro-censorship because everyone is against something.

Yes I am totally against CRT or CRT lite.

John McWhorter: "what alarms many parents and other observers is that kids will absorb the idea that it is enlightened to see white people as potential oppressors and Black people as perpetual victims of an inherently oppressive system. That it is therefore appropriate to ascribe certain traits to races, rather than individuals, and that education must “center” the battle against power differentials between groups and the subtle perceptions that they condition.

An implication some educators draw from these tenets is that various expectations of some of their students, based on what are generally thought to be ordinary mainstream assumptions, are instead onerous stipulations from an oppressive white-centric view. Hence an idea that it is white to be on time, arrive at precise answers and reason from A to B, rather than holistically, etc. Again, this is not what decades-old critical race theory scholarship proposed, but yes, the idea is descended from original C.R.T.’s fundamental propositions about white supremacy."

I don't understand how anyone can support that.
What alarms many parents is that the Reich Wing has told them to be afraid.

According to your definition of pro-censorship, everyone would be pro-censorship because everyone is against something.
It is not my definition of censorship. And based on the definition of censorship, I'd say just about everyone is ok with the government banning something.
Yes I am totally against CRT or CRT lite.

John McWhorter: "what alarms many parents and other observers is that kids will absorb the idea that it is enlightened to see white people as potential oppressors and Black people as perpetual victims of an inherently oppressive system. That it is therefore appropriate to ascribe certain traits to races, rather than individuals, and that education must “center” the battle against power differentials between groups and the subtle perceptions that they condition.

An implication some educators draw from these tenets is that various expectations of some of their students, based on what are generally thought to be ordinary mainstream assumptions, are instead onerous stipulations from an oppressive white-centric view. Hence an idea that it is white to be on time, arrive at precise answers and reason from A to B, rather than holistically, etc. Again, this is not what decades-old critical race theory scholarship proposed, but yes, the idea is descended from original C.R.T.’s fundamental propositions about white supremacy."

I don't understand how anyone can support that.

Good for you to find the black guy. :hihi: The very first sentence of that quote tells me all I need to know, because that's not what CRT proposes. And frankly, CRT shouldn't even be some sort of high academic discussion; it seems very obvious to me that when a group of people is oppressed by another group or groups, whether it is because of race, sex, religion, etc. that the oppressed group will experience adverse societal, educational, and/or economic effects. Like, really, duh!

Of course, you have no issue with the government banning CRT, because you are against it... or maybe I missed your post in which you condemn State governments' censorship of CRT?

On halloween? I find it acceptable to dress whatever you want to on Halloween. Why do you feel the need to shame someone for a costume of all things?

I have no doubt you attended a drag show for kids. On that drag show for kids. Why? Why was the event planned? What was the goal for the kids?
Any Halloween costume could be worn any day of the year and I'd just be someone wearing a costume on Tuesday. people would laugh or be spooked and carry on.
Wear a Hitler or Nazi costume and you would not get that same reaction.
In your opinion, if it's just a Halloween costume, would it be appropriate at Costume day at school or work?

You made a list. How special. Now support your claim that this organization allows children to see "grown men dressed as women gyrate on the floor for $1 bills and that backed by our public education system."

An event arranged by one teacher for an after-school club is not the same as being "backed by our public education system," especially since the district (you know, "the system") took immediate action when they were made aware.
What does 'in partnership' mean to you?
Read the 'special' list and you should be able to figure it out.

You should be able to explain it since you made the assertion.

Do you think dressing up as a klansman is ok? How about blackface?

The goal was for the kids to have a fun time and meet people that they normally wouldn't meet and experience a part of the culture that they normally wouldn't experience. And it was a success. Nobody gyrated for any reason and no money was stuffed anywhere.
I don't plan to run for office as a democrat so I can't say. I would suggest asking several left politicians about that out.

Can you say that about all the 'kid friendly' drag shows across the country?

What alarms many parents is that the Reich Wing has told them to be afraid.
Clever and orginial! I don't think I have ever seen the left use 'nazi' as an attempt to debate, but then again, this wasn't meant to add anything was it? This was just a drive by post so you can feel like you are a part of the conversation and label those that you disagree with as something other than human.

Any Halloween costume could be worn any day of the year and I'd just be someone wearing a costume on Tuesday. people would laugh or be spooked and carry on.
Wear a Hitler or Nazi costume and you would not get that same reaction.
In your opinion, if it's just a Halloween costume, would it be appropriate at Costume day at school or work?
You have not gone out bar hopping much on Halloween have you lately? Most of the costumes worn on Halloween would not be appropriate at any school or work. Covering private areas on the human body is an accomplishment.

https://www.dshnyc.org/events
DSH NYC does programming in partnership with the following libraries, schools, community spaces, and other venues around New York City.
Elementary Schools

Berkeley Carroll School

Brooklyn Friends School

Brooklyn Heights Montessori School

Chapin School

Dalton School

District 1 Community Education Council

Excellence Charter School

Foundry Learning School

Greene Hill School

Hunter College Elementary School

International School of Brooklyn

KIPPS Washington Heights Elementary School

Poly Prep Lower School

PS 10, Magnet School of Math, Science, and Design School

PS 11

PS 118

PS 11Q

PS 126

PS 132, The Conselyea School

PS 144

PS 146, The Brooklyn New School

PS 149

PS 150Q

PS 154, The Windsor Terrace School

PS 17Q

PS 2

PS 261

PS 295, The Studio School of Art and Culture

PS 3, The Charette School

PS 32

PS 333, Manhattan School for Children

PS 34, Franklin D. Roosevelt Elementary School

PS 362, The Neighborhood School

PS 368, Hamilton Heights School

PS 398

PS 42, Benjamin Altman School

PS 43

PS 452

PS 503

PS 56, Lewis H. Latimer School

PS 63, Star Academy

PS 83

Renaissance Charter Elementary School

Saint Ann's School

School at Columbia University, The

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/sarah...water-for-hosting-drag-show-for-kids-n2607149
A Lancaster, Pennsylvania school is in hot water for allowing its LGBTQ club to stage a drag show on school property without parent’s permission.

Leaked photos and videos show several provocatively dressed drag queens flaunting across the school’s stage performing lewd dance moves in front of a group of minors.
What would you think of parents taking their 10 year old to a strip show?

I wasn't referring to the partnership. I was speaking directly to the part where you said children can see "grown men dressed as women gyrate on the floor for $1 bills and that backed by our public education system."

Can you show me where any child from any school on that list has been exposed to what you claim is happening and that it has happened because it was backed by our public education system?

Clever and orginial! I don't think I have ever seen the left use 'nazi' as an attempt to debate, but then again, this wasn't meant to add anything was it? This was just a drive by post so you can feel like you are a part of the conversation and label those that you disagree with as something other than human.
Nah. Since you have yet to actually discuss virtually anything beyond blanket assertions it proved useful to point out that the fear-mongering by the religious right on this appears to conform very well with the restrictions and classifications used by the Nazis. Sorry if that offends your delicate sensibilities.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
Top Bottom