All things Racist...USA edition (7 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
Reaction score
I was looking for a place to put this so we could discuss but didn't really find a place that worked so I created this thread so we can all place articles, experiences, videos and examples of racism in the USA.

This is one that happened this week. The lady even called and filed a complaint on the officer. This officer also chose to wear the body cam (apparently, LA doesn't require this yet). This exchange wasn't necessarily racist IMO until she started with the "mexican racist...you will never be white, like you want" garbage. That is when it turned racist IMO

All the murderer and other insults, I think are just a by product of CRT and ACAB rhetoric that is very common on the radical left and sadly is being brought to mainstream in this country.

Another point that I think is worth mentioning is she is a teacher and the sense of entitlement she feels is mind blowing.

https://news.yahoo.com/black-teacher-berates-latino-la-221235341.html

How many people took a look at this before it made it to the game?
==============================================

The game developer behind the hit franchise “Halo” apologized for a recent Juneteenth-themed update that included an offensive name. 343 Industries released the themed content on June 14, several days before the holiday, Windows Central reported.

The new nameplate included a design with stripes of black, red and green on it, with golden yellow birds flying over the stripes. The color scheme seems to be a reference to the Pan-African flag, but the nameplate itself was released under the name “Bonobo,” a species of great ape, For The Win reported.

Players and fans were quick to criticize the company over the name. A ”Halo” news account, HaloHub, said in a Tweet that the name “needs to be removed and an apology needs to be issued immediately.”

Bradley Laws, a professional ”Halo” player for the company OpTic Gaming, said “disappointed isn’t even the word to use here.” Laws, who is Black, said in a Tweet that “to have blatant racism on an important holiday is just spitting in black peoples faces.”

Bonnie Ross, the founder and head of 343 Industries, addressed the matter in a Tweet shortly after midnight on June 15, saying the company was “made aware of a palette option for our Juneteenth emblem that contained a term that was offensive and hurtful.”

“We are a studio and franchise that is committed to inclusivity where everyone is welcome and supported to be their true self,” Ross wrote. “On behalf of 343, I apologize for making a celebrated moment a hurtful moment.”........

Maybe this isn't racist at all either
==========================

juneteenth.jpg
The first word of the headline is 'racist' so I would assume that was to the point of the article.

BANGOR (BDN) -- A closed sign taped to the door of the Harry E Reed Insurance Agency in Millinocket Monday has raised the ire of local officials and residents for its racist messaging.

“Juneteenth ~it’s whatever We’re closed. Enjoy your fried chicken and collard greens,” the sign stated in a large font on a piece of white printer paper.

An image of the sign has been shared across the internet since Monday, and the insurance agency has faced criticism on its Facebook page as well as in Yelp and Google reviews all calling out the note.

Monday marked the first time Maine celebrated Juneteenth as an official state holiday. Juneteenth is observed annually on June 19. Gov. Janet Mills signed the holiday into law last year, but it didn’t take effect until this year. It also became a federal holiday last year.

Lisa Groelly lives and works in Millinocket. When her friend first told her about the sign, she said she thought it was a joke. Then, she saw it.

“I was gobsmacked at the stupidity and sheer ignorance,” Groelly said............

juneteenth.jpg
My grandparents on both sides were from Maine. I have cousins in Maine, my older brother lived in Maine, and I spent my childhood summers in Maine. Let me just say, this comes as no surprise to me.

Is it a good excuse that there are few blacks living in Maine? No, but it's true and that's definitely part of the problem. Maine is removed, especially up by Millinocket which is in the north woods.

Last edited:

BANGOR (BDN) -- A closed sign taped to the door of the Harry E Reed Insurance Agency in Millinocket Monday has raised the ire of local officials and residents for its racist messaging.

“Juneteenth ~it’s whatever We’re closed. Enjoy your fried chicken and collard greens,” the sign stated in a large font on a piece of white printer paper.

An image of the sign has been shared across the internet since Monday, and the insurance agency has faced criticism on its Facebook page as well as in Yelp and Google reviews all calling out the note.

Monday marked the first time Maine celebrated Juneteenth as an official state holiday. Juneteenth is observed annually on June 19. Gov. Janet Mills signed the holiday into law last year, but it didn’t take effect until this year. It also became a federal holiday last year.

Lisa Groelly lives and works in Millinocket. When her friend first told her about the sign, she said she thought it was a joke. Then, she saw it.

“I was gobsmacked at the stupidity and sheer ignorance,” Groelly said............

juneteenth.jpg
And when they lose a ton a sales over this, they'll blame "cancel culture" instead of their own dumb racist comments... I hope their business fails because of it.

Allstate and Progressive severed their partnerships with an insurance company in Millinocket, Maine, after the company posted a racist sign in its window on Juneteenth, causing outrage in the local community.......

Allstate and Progressive severed their partnerships with an insurance company in Millinocket, Maine, after the company posted a racist sign in its window on Juneteenth, causing outrage in the local community.......

And to think all the owner had to do was shut up and take the holiday and no one would know how stupid or racist they were. Now everyone knows both.

Free speech. You're free to say whatever you want and people are free to react to what you say however they choose.

And to think all the owner had to do was shut up and take the holiday and no one would know how stupid or racist they were. Now everyone knows both.

Free speech. You're free to say whatever you want and people are free to react to what you say however they choose.

Wasn't even the owner - it was the owner's daughter

Here's her response
======================================

Progressive and Allstate, two of the nation's largest insurance carriers, told NEWS CENTER Maine on Wednesday that they are terminating their relationships with Harry E. Reed Insurance Co.

"We’re aware and appalled by the sign recently posted at the Harry E Reed Agency and are terminating our relationship with the agency. At Progressive, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) are fundamental to our Core Values," Progressive spokesperson Jeff Sibel wrote in an email. "We’re committed to creating an environment where our people feel welcomed, valued and respected and expect that anyone representing Progressive to take part in this commitment. The sign is in direct violation of that commitment and doesn’t align with our company’s Core Values and Code of Conduct."

"We are terminating our contract with this independent agent," Allstate said in an email to NEWS CENTER Maine. "Our commitment to Inclusive Diversity and Equity is non-negotiable and we take action when individuals violate our code of conduct."

Melanie Higgins, an insurance agent at the company, is the one who posted the sign.

"I would never purposely set out to hurt anyone and I would never purposely set out to hurt my mom's business at all. She had nothing to do with this," Higgins said.

Higgins' mother, Karen, has owned the business since she purchased it more than 30 years ago. Now, just the two of them work there and run the business together.

Higgins said she posts signs on the door ahead of every holiday they plan on being closed for. Since the start of the pandemic, she said she tried to make those signs more lighthearted and comical to bring some levity to a difficult time. She said she often mentioned food in those signs, as well.

Showing a number of examples of past signs, she pulled one from Memorial Day, reading in part, "...thank you to all service members for your sacrifice for this country. A country now that is going to hell in a hand basket faster than my dog stealing a piece of pizza off the counter.... now that I mention pizza, I'm craving it... remember, the more you weigh, the harder you are to kidnap."

"I truly apologize, I'm mortified that this is even happening," Higgins said.

Higgins said she had a rough week, and when she wrote the sign last Friday she was in a rush to go home for the weekend.

As the pictures of the sign continue to circulate social media, she said they've had to take the phone off the hook.

"We are receiving death threats. We are receiving phone calls calling us really inappropriate words," Higgins said.

Higgins said she hopes she can make this right and that the public will accept her apology.

Meanwhile, many people online are posting in comments of the post claiming the town of Millinocket is a racist community............

Wasn't even the owner - it was the owner's daughter

Here's her response
======================================

Progressive and Allstate, two of the nation's largest insurance carriers, told NEWS CENTER Maine on Wednesday that they are terminating their relationships with Harry E. Reed Insurance Co.

"We’re aware and appalled by the sign recently posted at the Harry E Reed Agency and are terminating our relationship with the agency. At Progressive, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) are fundamental to our Core Values," Progressive spokesperson Jeff Sibel wrote in an email. "We’re committed to creating an environment where our people feel welcomed, valued and respected and expect that anyone representing Progressive to take part in this commitment. The sign is in direct violation of that commitment and doesn’t align with our company’s Core Values and Code of Conduct."

"We are terminating our contract with this independent agent," Allstate said in an email to NEWS CENTER Maine. "Our commitment to Inclusive Diversity and Equity is non-negotiable and we take action when individuals violate our code of conduct."

Melanie Higgins, an insurance agent at the company, is the one who posted the sign.

"I would never purposely set out to hurt anyone and I would never purposely set out to hurt my mom's business at all. She had nothing to do with this," Higgins said.

Higgins' mother, Karen, has owned the business since she purchased it more than 30 years ago. Now, just the two of them work there and run the business together.

Higgins said she posts signs on the door ahead of every holiday they plan on being closed for. Since the start of the pandemic, she said she tried to make those signs more lighthearted and comical to bring some levity to a difficult time. She said she often mentioned food in those signs, as well.

Showing a number of examples of past signs, she pulled one from Memorial Day, reading in part, "...thank you to all service members for your sacrifice for this country. A country now that is going to hell in a hand basket faster than my dog stealing a piece of pizza off the counter.... now that I mention pizza, I'm craving it... remember, the more you weigh, the harder you are to kidnap."

"I truly apologize, I'm mortified that this is even happening," Higgins said.

Higgins said she had a rough week, and when she wrote the sign last Friday she was in a rush to go home for the weekend.

As the pictures of the sign continue to circulate social media, she said they've had to take the phone off the hook.

"We are receiving death threats. We are receiving phone calls calling us really inappropriate words," Higgins said.

Higgins said she hopes she can make this right and that the public will accept her apology.

Meanwhile, many people online are posting in comments of the post claiming the town of Millinocket is a racist community............

So since she like, totally didn't mean it racist, does that mean @Farb will retract his statement that it was racist?

https://www.al.com/news/birmingham/...real-estate-developer-on-citys-east-side.html

"Brian Plott, the 47-year-old victim, was shot midday Sunday, June 12, in the 7000 block of First Ave. South. He said he was left for dead, heckled and refused help by multiple passers-by....

Plott said he screamed for help for about 10 to 15 minutes before a group of people – adults and children – walked by. He said he asked them to call the police because his cell phone had been damaged, but they refused.

He said they called him racial slurs. “If you would have heard the things that were said to me and how they were said to me, while young children were playing hopscotch…'’ he said. “I remember just laying on the driveway and people walking by and looking at me and then walking off. It was like I was an exhibit.”"

I'll play. It's an instrument used by black people to comb hair types inherently found in most black populations. It became a popular symbol of black pride during the civil rights movement of the 60's and 70's. It was patented by two black gentlemen in 1969. The black artist who created the sculpture chose it as a representation of black people. Nothing about it perpetuates a negative stereotype of black people or any other race. It's safe to say that no, it should not be considered racist.

Last edited:
https://www.al.com/news/birmingham/...real-estate-developer-on-citys-east-side.html

"Brian Plott, the 47-year-old victim, was shot midday Sunday, June 12, in the 7000 block of First Ave. South. He said he was left for dead, heckled and refused help by multiple passers-by....

Plott said he screamed for help for about 10 to 15 minutes before a group of people – adults and children – walked by. He said he asked them to call the police because his cell phone had been damaged, but they refused.

He said they called him racial slurs. “If you would have heard the things that were said to me and how they were said to me, while young children were playing hopscotch…'’ he said. “I remember just laying on the driveway and people walking by and looking at me and then walking off. It was like I was an exhibit.”"

Is it the 4th or Christmas yet? Pay attention around those holidays, there are plenty of negative coverage of what those holidays really mean and how they are celebrated.
So about that negative coverage of July 4th you attempted to pull out your arse. .yeah it never happened just like we all knew it wouldn't. It's like you'll say anything to try to make a non existent point.

So about that negative coverage of July 4th you attempted to pull out your arse. .yeah it never happened just like we all knew it wouldn't. It's like you'll say anything to try to make a non existent point.
Well, there was a bit of negative coverage on the 4th. You know, since there were two mass shootings.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
Top Bottom