All things Racist...USA edition (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    I was looking for a place to put this so we could discuss but didn't really find a place that worked so I created this thread so we can all place articles, experiences, videos and examples of racism in the USA.

This is one that happened this week. The lady even called and filed a complaint on the officer. This officer also chose to wear the body cam (apparently, LA doesn't require this yet). This exchange wasn't necessarily racist IMO until she started with the "mexican racist...you will never be white, like you want" garbage. That is when it turned racist IMO

All the murderer and other insults, I think are just a by product of CRT and ACAB rhetoric that is very common on the radical left and sadly is being brought to mainstream in this country.

Another point that I think is worth mentioning is she is a teacher and the sense of entitlement she feels is mind blowing.

https://news.yahoo.com/black-teacher-berates-latino-la-221235341.html

No you didn't, you just called me names. Does the officers responsibility end when the suspect starts to run away or will the officer be responsible if that fleeing suspect kills someone in their escape?
    Maybe. Another officer on a different shift might find the suspect at his house.

BTW, saying a post of yours is ridiculous isn't calling you a name.

Are you saying police should just surrender their weapons during a struggle?

The fact that you can use 'fear of police' as a reason to run show how dangerous the completely false narrative of police hunting innocent black man is in todays society. Every time a suspect run due to 'fear' that blood in on the hands of the ACAB and BLM activitist. Got to make that money though
    I would suggest police officers make damn sure they don't allow a suspect to get their hands on one of their weapons. When they train to become a police officer the training to keep their weapon away from a suspect is very physical.

Maybe. Another officer on a different shift might find the suspect at his house.

BTW, saying a post of yours is ridiculous isn't calling you a name.
    Yes, I know. You weren't calling me names. No harm no foul my friend.

I would suggest police officers make damn sure they don't allow a suspect to get their hands on one of their weapons. When they train to become a police officer the training to keep their weapon away from a suspect is very physical.
    What if the cop is over powered though? All the training in the world might not stop someone who is bigger and stronger.

If another officer found that fleeing suspect as his house, what if that turn into a hostage situation? Ridiculous or not, it could happen and has happened before. What if more people died in the long run that just the fleeing, fighting taser stealing criminal?

Policing is tough work and we act like this is some marvel movie where cops are superheroes. They are men and women just like us but they chose to run to trouble while we all run away.....off my soap box.

Wasn't sure what thread to put this in

Talks about how black republicans can't acknowledge that racism, systematic or otherwise exists at all

This is my first time hearing the Clarence Thomas story
    =================================================================

Aside from racial gerrymandering, suppressing votes, underfunding schools, upholding a biased criminal justice system, denying a woman’s right to choose, preventing access to healthcare, undermining democracy, opposing reparations and thwarting every effort for equal rights, perhaps the most preposterous part of conservative mythology is the insidiously racist idea of “bootstraps”.

According to this wholly absurd construct, hard work – and hard work, alone – is a magical key that unlocks the promises of the American dream. And, if one accepts this premise, then the converse must also be true. Anyone who doesn’t achieve their dreams is simply not working hard enough.

Although “pulling yourself up by your bootstraps” was originally intended to be an obviously sarcastic phrase suggesting an impossible accomplishment, the concept has become a key component of the Republican ideology, especially as it relates to racial inequality.

Apparently, the infallible founding fathers and the heralded leaders of the past wasted 250 years constructing laws, traditions, practices and a constitution that provided an economic, political and social advantage to the white majority when all they had to do was put their noses to the grindstone.

America’s white majority benefited from human trafficking, free labor, segregation, redlining and the whole of government-sanctioned racism. Yet, to fulfill the promise that America offers, all Black people ever needed is a strong back, a good idea and an unfailing work ethic.

For Black Republicans, accepting this sliver of ahistorical fiction is the first step to ascending to a position of power and prominence in the Grand Old Party. Counterbalancing the accusations of racism lobbed at the Republican party is the main job of Black conservatives. To do this, they are required to fabricate a life story that serves as a parable and proof of the bootstrapping thesis.

Even before Herschel Walker decided to vie for the Georgia Senate seat occupied by Senator Raphael Warnock, the NFL running-back-turned-bootstrap-evangelist made a habit of explaining how his work ethic and a don’t-quit mentality led to accomplishments as a student, multimillionaire and a business mogul. There was only one problem with Walker’s backstory:

It doesn’t seem to be true.......

The South Carolina senator Tim Scott is taking note. For years, he has repeatedly extolled the values of hard work as part of his origin story.

He often recounts the tale of his poor, illiterate grandfather who – Scott conveniently forgets to mention – owned 900 acres in South Carolina.

While Scott once told me during an interview that he “struggles to come up with a concise definition of what systemic racism looks like”, he confidently told the world that “America is not a racist country”.

And, according to Axios, Scott is now preparing to give a speech that warns against “teaching kids that they are oppressors”. How convenient. I’m sure it has nothing to do with the fact that Scott’s name has been bandied about as a presidential candidate.

Perhaps America’s highest-ranking Black Republican is Clarence Thomas. During his rise to the supreme court, Thomas loved to tell the tale of how his sister was content to survive on government assistance while he embraced the all-American ethos of hard work. “She gets mad when the mailman is late with her welfare check,” Thomas told a group of Black conservatives in 1980.

“What’s worse is that now her kids feel entitled to the check too. They have no motivation for doing better or getting out of that situation.’’ It turns out, it was all a lie. But of course, it served its purpose. As a supreme court justice, Thomas’s life has turned into a liability that may cost his party a supreme court seat.........

Unlike their white counterparts, Black Republicans are required to promote the idea that – instead of discrimination, systemic inequality and history – Black people are victims of their own laziness.

Kelly Loeffler, who held the Georgia Senate seat before Walker’s opponent, came from a family that profited from government assistance.

However, Loeffler didn’t bear the burden of representing the shiftlessness of white “culture”. Ben Carson didn’t point out that the man who appointed him could serve as the poster boy for white privilege, if Trump could manage to wrestle the title from the man who appointed Thomas to the supreme court, George HW Bush...........

What if the cop is over powered though? All the training in the world might not stop someone who is bigger and stronger.

If another officer found that fleeing suspect as his house, what if that turn into a hostage situation? Ridiculous or not, it could happen and has happened before. What if more people died in the long run that just the fleeing, fighting taser stealing criminal?

Policing is tough work and we act like this is some marvel movie where cops are superheroes. They are men and women just like us but they chose to run to trouble while we all run away.....off my soap box.
    Well, the whole thing is a shame. And yes, if Lyoya hadn't run and had faced the truth he'd still be alive. But, these police officers have to do a better job because no matter Lyoya's disrespect for the law he should still be alive.

Well, the whole thing is a shame. And yes, if Lyoya hadn't run and had faced the truth he'd still be alive. But, these police officers have to do a better job because no matter Lyoya's disrespect for the law he should still be alive.
    You are correct about that. It is shame. I don't think anyone wants to see anyone else lose their life over something as simple as a traffic stop.
    Yes, Police need to do a better job. I also think the public needs to do a better job too.

No, never said that, not once. You really overdo the straw men. It’s annoying as hell. I suggested that running from a traffic ticket shouldn’t be a death sentence. He could be apprehended later, they had his car, after all, and there was a passenger in the car, so it‘s not like they had no way to find him later. The officer should never have gotten into a close struggle with this man. He needs to know how to handle himself and avoid that type of situation. Obviously. I don’t know how you could say this was the desired outcome from a freaking traffic stop of an unarmed man.

Also, it appears the man had a suspended license, which led him to run. Who knows why? But in a civilized society that shouldn’t be a death sentence.

So, I don’t watch these videos, as a form of self-care. But someone on TV suggested that there was a bit of a language barrier, and he seemed confused about why he had been stopped. Then when the officer asked for his license, he turned and seemed to be walking toward the car, took a few steps and was tackled by the officer. It was suggested that his license may have been in the car. So, it’s entirely possible that the officer was thinking he was going to flee, and didn’t give him the benefit of the doubt. It seems to have been overly aggressive by the officer.

Anyone who actually watched the video, please feel free to weigh in or correct. I just cannot watch these videos. They’re so tragic and unnecessary.

No, never said that, not once. You really overdo the straw men. It’s annoying as hell. I suggested that running from a traffic ticket shouldn’t be a death sentence. He could be apprehended later, they had his car, after all, and there was a passenger in the car, so it‘s not like they had no way to find him later. The officer should never have gotten into a close struggle with this man. He needs to know how to handle himself and avoid that type of situation. Obviously. I don’t know how you could say this was the desired outcome from a freaking traffic stop of an unarmed man.

Also, it appears the man had a suspended license, which led him to run. Who knows why? But in a civilized society that shouldn’t be a death sentence.
    When did I say that was the desired outcome? Can you show me where I said that? Speaking of strawmen and all.

I agree, running is not a death sentence. What about fighting over a weapon?

And why run? What do they think is going to happen? By running, you have willingly put yourself in danger. Nothing from that point forward in this situation is a positive for the suspect.

We simply can't have our police murdering citizens who pose no threat.
    Oh, I agree 100%. Do you think I would pose a threat if I began wrestling with you and got control of one of you weapons? You consider me a threat at that point?

Oh, I agree 100%. Do you think I would pose a threat if I began wrestling with you and got control of one of you weapons? You consider me a threat at that point?

Do you think it's murder if someone pins you to the ground and shoots you in the back of the head?

When did I say that was the desired outcome? Can you show me where I said that? Speaking of strawmen and all.

I agree, running is not a death sentence. What about fighting over a weapon?

And why run? What do they think is going to happen? By running, you have willingly put yourself in danger. Nothing from that point forward in this situation is a positive for the suspect.
    Well, when I wrote that you had said that you only felt sympathy for the officer because he had to shoot the guy. I’m glad to see you have backed off from that position.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom