All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

The endgame is to hold people responsible for causing a pandemic that killed 20 million people and cost 25 trillion.

The most important thing is to make sure gain of function research is permanently banned before it causes a pandemic again.

Democrats were questioning Fauci back during the AIDS crisis similar to how Republicans questioned him on Covid.

Gay activist/playwright Larry Kramer's scathing 1988 letter on Fauci's handling of the AIDS epidemic:

...It doesn’t take a genius to announce that you have elected to personally supervise the study of a broad range of new drugs. Yet, two years later, you are forced to admit you’ve barely begun.

It doesn’t take a genius to request, as you did, 126 new staff persons, receive only 11, and then keep your mouth shut about it.

It takes an incompetent idiot.

To quote Representative Henry Waxman at the above hearings: “Dr. Fauci, your own drug selection committee has named 24 drugs as high priority for development and trials. As best as I can tell, 11 of these 24 are not in trials yet. Six of these drugs have been waiting for six months to more than a year. Why the delays? I understand the need to do what you call setting priorities but it appears even with your own scientists’ choices the trials are not going on.”

Your defense? “There are just confounding delays that no one can help… we are responsible as investigators to make sure that in our zeal to go quickly, that we do the clinical study correctly, that it’s planned correctly and executed correctly, rather than just having the drug distributed.”

...How many years ago did we tell you about aerosol pentamidine, Tony? This stuff saves lives. And we discovered it ourselves. We came to you, bearing this great news on a silver platter, begging you: can we get it officially tested; can we get it approved so insurance companies and Medicaid will pay for it (as well as other drugs we beg you to test) as a routine treatment, and our patients going broke paying for medicine can get it cheaper? You monster.

“Assume that you have AIDS, and that you’ve had pneumonia once,” Representative Nancy Pelosi said. “You know that aerosolized pentamidine was evaluated by NIH as highly promising… You know as of today that the delays in NIH trials… may not be solved this year… Would you wait for [an NIH] study?”[/I)

You replied: “I probably would go with what would be available to me, be it available in the street or what have you.”

I have never said or implied that Covid was purposely released. I assume is was accidentally released due to negligence and improper safety training. A State Department cable in 2018(I think that was the year) talked about concern that the Wuhan lab lacked the proper safety equipment and training for the staff in Wuhan.

Fauci helped with the coverup probably felt bad because of the NIH funding the research in Wuhan.

It's nice that he's a hard worker and dedicated to his profession, but when you are funding controversial research that causes a worldwide pandemic and you help to cover up your and your governments role I could care less about him being dedicated to his job.

The question is why are Democrats still so desperate to protect him despite everything we know now.
    Welp, you are failing. Despite your thrashing and flailing about FAUCI IS NOT TO BLAME.

So peddle your ravings at Freeperville or some place else. The only person responsible for thousands upon thousands of deaths is Donald J. Trump, your false god.

Omg Seth Abraham. Of all the Looney leftists wingers to follow on X, he's up there with the worst. Now I'm understanding your posting now after I see you follow him.
    I don’t follow him. And you have zero room to talk when you post all these crazy idiots that you do.

I repeat, you don’t know what you are talking about and you are smearing (defaming) good people. It’s evil to do what the right wing is doing - and you are spreading. Saying that Fauci is responsible for crimes against humanity is just completely unhinged.

But they (and you) do it to distract from Trump’s culpability for hundreds of thousands of needless deaths. Trump is the cause of horrible death and destruction due to Covid. He was a weak and selfish leader who valued his own political position over the very lives of the people he was elected to serve.

None of the crap you just posted matters when compared to that. None of it is even close to the deaths that Trump’s weakness caused.

The endgame is to hold people responsible for causing a pandemic that killed 20 million people and cost 25 trillion.

The most important thing is to make sure gain of function research is permanently banned before it causes a pandemic again.
    Trump is the main person who needs to held responsible for excess deaths in America.

Why did Trump lift the pause on gain of function research then? Obama had paused it.

The people you are reading are purposefully misrepresenting nearly everything to you.

Long ago in this thread I did a bunch of reading on gain of function, what it means, how it’s a vague term that covers a lot of ground and why it’s disingenuous to blame gain of function for the Covid pandemic.

You don’t ever read on your own, you don’t answer when refutations are posted, you just disappear from the topic for a period of time, then come back and state your lies again as if nobody ever engaged with you.

Why should anyone give any credence to anything you post?

Greenwald is a right winger huh? That's hilarious
    Deflection, you do it every time you don’t have an answer.

What was Fauci’s reason? Why would Fauci commit “crimes against humanity” after decades of public service? After steering this country successfully through H1N1, Ebola, and AIDS?

Yes, Fauci was criticized at the beginning of the AIDS epidemic, but he listened and learned. He righted the ship. He is beloved for his decades of unselfish service. When Ebola patients were brought to the US for the first time ever, Fauci personally suited up and helped treat them. And there was a patient who survived - the first one ever, due in part to Fauci’s intervention.

Quit listening to liars who are desperate to turn the blame away from Trump. Trump’s response was criminal, IMO, in a moral sense if not a legal one.

You claim to work in healthcare, yet you are ignorant of what Fauci has done? How is that possible?

Last edited:
    And a liar.
    And yet you never point out what he lied about. How convenient. You just hide behind your vague accusations and think it does something.

You saw that beagle story about Fauci's NIH funding those horrible experiments was confirmed by the Washington Post after they tried to cover for Fauci? Speaking of liars....

Trump's administration was directly involved in the decision. You have to delegate a lot when you spend half your working hours golfing.
    At least Trump is physically able to play golf unlike Biden.

Like I said before, I'll be voting for the candidate that was found to be mentally competent to stand trial. You can vote for the guy who wasn't.

Biden was just filmed riding his bike

I’d love to see Trump try to ride a bicycle

In public, he has to wear anti fall floatation shoes, use short stairs to prevent from falling, walk with a gaggle of aides to hide his gait, take pre submitted questions from reporters whose faces he needs on his note cards, needs to be pointed where to walk and sit and routinely mixes up world leaders.

Last edited:
    I don’t follow him. And you have zero room to talk when you post all these crazy idiots that you do.

I repeat, you don’t know what you are talking about and you are smearing (defaming) good people. It’s evil to do what the right wing is doing - and you are spreading. Saying that Fauci is responsible for crimes against humanity is just completely unhinged.

But they (and you) do it to distract from Trump’s culpability for hundreds of thousands of needless deaths. Trump is the cause of horrible death and destruction due to Covid. He was a weak and selfish leader who valued his own political position over the very lives of the people he was elected to serve.

None of the crap you just posted matters when compared to that. None of it is even close to the deaths that Trump’s weakness caused.
    Do you think trying to cloak Fauci as being a good person supposedly protects him against the fact that the NIH, under his control, was funding dangerous gain of function research in Wuhan?

Like I said before, I'll be voting for the candidate that was found to be mentally competent to stand trial. You can vote for the guy who wasn't.
    If Trump was evaluated he would not pass. All they had to do was ask him if he won the election if he is still president if the election was rigged and off to the rubber room. Seems you kinda missed Biden was not on trial. the guy who thinks he is Jesus is. Another big miss is Trump's own lawyers would have to claim Trump is not sane enough to stand trial. So another fail to understand how things work.

Last edited:

Was someone found unfit to stand trial? Surely you aren't talking about Hur's report, which repeatedly detailed that there was no evidence for prosecution in the first place, right?

Do you think trying to cloak Fauci as being a good person supposedly protects him against the fact that the NIH, under his control, was funding dangerous gain of function research in Wuhan?
    Trump was president from 2017. What happened to the powerful business executive who could handle everything? Why did he disrupt the CDC team in Wuhan? Why did he openly lie about the severity of SARS-CoV2?

Go back to Freeperville.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom