All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

Not that Louisiana’s democratic primary actually matters (I’ll take a shot at the EC any chance I get), but moving the elections back was a good move. I’m curious if other states will start to follow suit.
    Yup!

I don’t know if this belongs here or not, but it’s something to help us as we wait. I don’t really know who this is, but she is a very good follow on Twitter. Kind and thoughtful.

Been thinking about this, this guy says it better than I could.

But we do such a good job of learning the wrong lessons
    We had 2 evacuations for storms that missed us before Katrina
    The lesson we took away is that preparations/evacuations are pointless- then we got spanked

Agree. And I can already hear those who are currently saying we are panicking needlessly, IF we dodge this bullet, scoffing at those of us who saw what could happen and wanted to prevent it.

On the other hand, we did lay in enough canned goods to survive for a few weeks, but just wanted to get a few perishables today. The on line pickup service at Kroger took my order last night and gave me a pick up time today. We got a call at the pickup time, en route to the store, that they wouldn’t be able to fill our order today and maybe not tomorrow either. Sigh. Hubby went in and shelves are literally bare. He got what he could and we will be fine, but it’s going to be a long haul I’m afraid.

My house is like a water toy mall, but fishing requires gas unless it's from the dock. I did hook a big redfish last night though.
    For my own enjoyment, I am reading your line as ‘water toymall’ instead of the intended ‘watertoy mall’
    The image of you snorkeling through an underwater, scaled down Banana Republic or Food Court is a ray of light in these dark times

For my own enjoyment, I am reading your line as ‘water toymall’ instead of the intended ‘watertoy mall’
    The image of you snorkeling through an underwater, scaled down Banana Republic or Food Court is a ray of light in these dark times

In your vision, make sure to keep my shirt on. I'm not as fit as I was 20 years ago and I am about the shade of a pale ghost from the sleeves up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom