All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

Dude, I posted about it in a Zachary FB group and Trumpers came out of the woodwork - full crying about DNA being changed and everything. The level of ignorance and stupidity became wow evident when I joined the group.
    Just tell them that their DNA changes about 1-2% every year on the average.

Dude, I posted about it in a Zachary FB group and Trumpers came out of the woodwork - full crying about DNA being changed and everything. The level of ignorance and stupidity became wow evident when I joined the group.

Don’t worry, we use only the most select Clinton DNA in our vaccines!

A majority - 62% - said unvaccinated people should not be allowed to travel on airplanes. Fifty-five percent agreed that unvaccinated people should not work out at public gyms, enter movie theaters or attend public concerts.

Discovered Iowa, my neighboring state takes out of state people for vaccines and they are doing high risk groups now. Got signed up for tonight.

It is just as effective at stopping severe disease as the first two as I understand it. So you may have a slightly higher chance of contracting the virus, but it will be mild.

It is just as effective at stopping severe disease as the first two as I understand it. So you may have a slightly higher chance of contracting the virus, but it will be mild.
    Either way, I'd still prefer the one that's more effective if available. That's all I was saying. I got my first shot of Moderna on Friday but would have taken whatever they had. I thought I was going to be getting Pfizer. Don't know why I thought that though.

They weren't apples to apples trials, from my understanding. Moderna and Pfizer predate the variants. J&J was more widely tested, and also had to deal with the variants, so the numbers are lower, but the prevention of severe illness/death is still significantly lowered.

They weren't apples to apples trials, from my understanding. Moderna and Pfizer predate the variants. J&J was more widely tested, and also had to deal with the variants, so the numbers are lower, but the prevention of severe illness/death is still significantly lowered.
    J and J was tested in South Africa too where they were battling the new variant which is prominent.

You're probably right. I'm no scientist and would have taken the J&J one if that's what they were giving out. It's probably just a perception thing.

Isn't it only like 70% effective compared to 90-95% for Pfizer and Moderna?
    Efficacy and Effectiveness aren't the same thing. I didn't realize that either until I looked into it.

Also, consider that we may all be in for booster shots down the road.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom