All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

This nurses experience with patients in South Dakota is unreal and should be unbelievable, but in these times it's totally believable. These Trump supporters suffer from such strong delusions that even on the death bed, they can't deal with the truth. They die a bitter and lonely death all because they chose to believe a conspiracy theory propagated by people taking advantage of their ignorance. I can't even fathom getting reality that twisted in my head.

Last edited:
    This guy is a maniac.

“For many people this is their last Thanksgiving”

dS8ibU9.gif

This nurses experience with patients in South Dakota is unreal and should be unbelievable, but it these times it's totally believable. These Trump supporters suffer from such strong delusions that even on the death bed, they can't deal with the truth. They die a bitter and lonely death all because they chose to believe a conspiracy theory propagated by people taking advantage of their ignorance. I can't even fathom getting reality that twisted in my head.

Watching that nurse, you could tell she was just trying to hold it together. Phew. I feel for those nurses who have to deal with that carnage. We're getting closer to a year into this thing and people are still utterly ignorant. Maddening, but ultimately, people have to be responsible for how they consume news and information.

In the United States, the wearing of a mask has been caught up in the swirl of the nation’s toxic political divide long after the scientific community reached a consensus that they can play a dramatic role in slowing the spread of the virus and saving lives.

For months, Republican governors resisted calls for mask mandates. But as they have watched hospitals in their states stretched to the breaking point in recent weeks — driving home the reality of the dangers posed by a virus allowed to spread unchecked — that is starting to change.

In Utah last week, Gary Herbert, the Republican governor, issued a mask mandate “until further notice” as hospitals across the state were nearing or at full capacity.

Gov. Doug Burgum of North Dakota ordered residents of the state on Friday to wear masks indoors and outdoors if they could not socially distance. North Dakota has the country’s highest rates of new daily cases and deaths per person, according to a New York Times database.

In West Virginia, Gov. Jim Justice ordered on Saturday that residents must wear masks in indoor public settings.

Then on Monday evening, Kim Reynolds, the governor of Iowa, struck a somber tone as she announced that, starting Tuesday, Iowans would need to wear masks while indoors if they are unable to maintain social distance.

“There aren’t enough sheriffs in Iowa’s 99 counties to shut down every noncompliant bar,” she said. “If Iowans don’t buy into this, we lose,” she said, warning that schools and businesses could be closed.

Looks like some are finally seeing reality.

A lot of lives could’ve been saved if they just listened to scientists earlier. As far as I am concerned, fork them.

My Dad swears that Armpit, Missouri is completely unaffected by covid. This map has his county in the darkest shade.

I'm sure that he'll explain that everything was fine until the Democrats stole the election from St. Trump.

It’s so late in the game for them, it’s just incredible stupidity and failed leadership to order masks now. None of them should be re-elected.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom