All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (5 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

Narratives rarely change in months time and hypocrisy doesn't have an expiration date, that I know of. Did the rules change again to fit a narrative?

We (normal people) can't visit sick relatives, have to limit funerals of deceased relatives, can't gather for church services but the woke and powerful does not play by the same rules they demand we do. No need to look father than the BLM protests/Floyd memorials and funerals and the Lewis Funerals/Memorials (how many did they have and how many attended?) The level of sheer of hypocrisy should be deafening but it won't be. There were masks and it was done under the 'approved' view point.

Try to take a look at these photoes from the memorials and funeral of John Lewis

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/politics/g33433733/john-lewis-funeral-photos/

Lots of masks and social distancing

Narratives rarely change in months time and hypocrisy doesn't have an expiration date, that I know of. Did the rules change again to fit a narrative?

We (normal people) can't visit sick relatives, have to limit funerals of deceased relatives, can't gather for church services but the woke and powerful does not play by the same rules they demand we do. No need to look father than the BLM protests/Floyd memorials and funerals and the Lewis Funerals/Memorials (how many did they have and how many attended?) The level of sheer of hypocrisy should be deafening but it won't be. There were masks and it was done under the 'approved' view point.
    Wasn't the Lewis memorial inside? Hard to reconcile that hypocrisy when the excuse for the protests was that they were outside. The gaslighting going on to try to act like the protests had nothing to do with the recent Covid strikes isn't believable.

Try to take a look at these photoes from the memorials and funeral of John Lewis

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/politics/g33433733/john-lewis-funeral-photos/

Lots of masks and social distancing
    Does your home country require masks? I ask because I just read Sweden doesn't as well as a few others?
    If masks are so effective as to protect our elected leaders inside, in multiple locations over a week, then they should be effective enough for us serfs to go out and vote and send our kids back to school?
    Probably not though. That does not fit the narrative our leaders and media have been so diligent in drumming up.

well I don't live in Sweden and no except for public transport like trains and busses during rushhour - masks are not required

BUT.. We got the virus contained early by shutting everything down for 2 months - and implementing strong measures to contain everything
    We also have very good contact tracing and everyone can get a free test whenever they want it or think they need it.

You have a doctors appointment - get tested first. Go to the dentist - get tested first - Sore throat - get tested. I personally have been tested 7 times by now

BLM protest in Copenhagen = go get testet lol - they really mean it and even though we have a couple of outbreaks right now - one at a meat factory and one following a somali wedding, it is fairly under control.

We also have a contact tracing app which the majority of the adult population have installed on their phone. It respect personal privacy because it does NOT register WHERE you have been but only the encrypted covid19 id-codes of cellphones you have been into close contact with and all registrations older than 2 weeks are deleted. So if someone test positive, you will get a message on your cellphone to go get tested without being told where or when you were exposed (due to EU privacy laws)

Right now I think we stand at 612 deaths and 14.073 infected. Population 5.5M and that is since the start of the pandemic. Right now we have less than 20 admitted to hospitals around the country

Last edited:
    well I don't live in Sweden and no except for public transport like trains and busses during rushhour - masks are not required

BUT.. We got the virus contained early by shutting everything down for 2 months - and implementing strong measures to contain everything
    We also have very good contact tracing and everyone can get a free test whenever they want it or think they need it.

You have a doctors appointment - get tested first. Go to the dentist - get tested first - Sore throat - get tested. I personally have been tested 7 times by now

BLM protest in Copenhagen = go get testet lol - they really mean it and even though we have a couple of outbreaks right now - one at a meat factory and one following a somali wedding, it is fairly under control.

We also have a contact tracing app which the majority of the adult population have installed on their phone. It respect personal privacy because it does NOT register WHERE you have been but only the encrypted covid19 id-codes of cellphones you have been into close contact with and all registrations older than 2 weeks are deleted. So if someone test positive, you will get a message on your cellphone to go get tested without being told where or when you were exposed (due to EU privacy laws)

Right now I think we stand at 612 deaths and 14.073 infected. Population 5.5M and that is since the start of the pandemic. Right now we have less than 20 admitted to hospitals around the country
    Sounds like a mic was dropped.

So in one foul swoop, Kushner became responsible for the worst pandemic this nation has ever seen, tanked the economy on a scale never imagined and put millions of people out of work. Bernie Madoff is in prison for doing far less. There's no way Kushner should be safe walking the streets of the United States. I mean essentially, he was cool with letting people die as long as those people were democrats. There's should be a special place in hell for him and his family. I wouldn't shed one tear if they reach that destination sooner rather than later.
    You gotta have yourself a fall guy..

Richard-

I am so sorry to hear about your wife.

I can’t help but think you may have a claim under OSHA. They are required to provide a safe work environment and are required by criminal punishment to, at a minimum, provide you with a list of known health hazards associated with your workplace. Once they knew, they were then under obligation to notify under OSHA’s Right to Know clause.

Eeyore or one of the lawyers would know better and tell me I am stupid (you won’t be the first) but here is OHSA 3021, the Worker’s Rights. It is pretty clear on this stuff and they can be charged criminally.

ETA- I saw your last post. There is a whole section related to Right to Refuse Work when you feel your safety is at risk.

Your wife works for ghouls and I want to say not nice things about them but I like it here.

The Senate is working on this.

They want to make it nearly impossible to prove negligence and then attach $50,000 in civil penalties if you lose.

The last that I saw of it is that the Senate is so desperate to pass it that they'll agree to the $600 unemployment assistance if the House lets it through.

Just got a push

Ohio governor Dewine tested positive

Govs DeSantis and Kemp squeaky clean

Gov dewine tests positive prior to meetimg with Trump.

So he is right, nobody can get a test result withing 15 min lol

Does your home country require masks? I ask because I just read Sweden doesn't as well as a few others?
    If masks are so effective as to protect our elected leaders inside, in multiple locations over a week, then they should be effective enough for us serfs to go out and vote and send our kids back to school?
    Probably not though. That does not fit the narrative our leaders and media have been so diligent in drumming up.
    The Masks the majority of us are wearing are far from perfect. Studies indicate that they drastically reduce how far the virus is expelled past our mouths, but if you are very close to someone, you’ll still be exposed. That’s why the recommendations are masks and social distancing. Now you may get kids to wear masks if you’re lucky, but how are you going to keep them from playing very close to each other? They will inevitably infect each other and bring those infections home to infect others. It’s a recipe for much more spreading.

Have we seen evidence that children are in danger of this virus (catching or spreading)? I think Israel had a problem but I don't know if that has been tracked to students or teachers. The studies I have seen show little to none for kids under 10 (I will have to double check the studies on ages and don't have time right now).

Have we seen evidence that children are in danger of this virus (catching or spreading)? I think Israel had a problem but I don't know if that has been tracked to students or teachers. The studies I have seen show little to none for kids under 10 (I will have to double check the studies on ages and don't have time right now).

This is the best I found on a 20 second Google search.

That's just the summary. The full report is here.

I read about under 10 being fairly low transmission. After 10 though it seems to spread similar to adults. I know some schools have implemented less restrictions for elementary schools. What’s concerning is high school and junior high because the move between classes exposing themselves and teachers to new contacts. Hallways will be terrible for exposure even with reduced attendance, there won’t be room. In our school district kids will have to wait outside of the classroom as teachers clean.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom