All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

Please don’t get me started on the abject stupidity of making mask wearing some sort of scarlet letter, unmanly, brain dead litmus test by the right. It’s actually hurting our recovery, costs next to nothing to do and would help businesses to open more widely and accommodate more people.

There’s zero reason to refuse to wear a mask when you are out in public. When they cancel the sports seasons and put various states back in modified lockdown, when tens of thousands more people die, I hope the people responsible for this idiocy feel karma bite them in the butt in some way.

Incurable jock itch is too good for them, maybe leprosy in their private parts? 😡

Most everyone here seems to have accepted that the forseeable future is going to be one in which masks are going to be worn. Border controls and masks have dominated the discussion of 'going forward.'

We've had a pretty good run of sub-200 cases per day, all while testing expands, for the entire province. Not just Toronto.

People are buoyed by the social distancing measures and mask wearing and other protocols in place having an effect.

The younger folk are the one demographic where it's rising - the 20-30 somethings - but there has been some social pressure toward them to get their act together for the sake of everyone else. Hope it sticks.

I'm hoping it stays like this at least through the summer, but any optimism is certainly of the cautious variety. I just can't understand being so indignant about wearing a mask.

Trump's comments this week include:
    - The virus is 'dying out'
    - No problem with an indoor rally in OK because the number of cases there is 'very miniscule'
    - Some people wear masks to display their anti-Trump bias

WASHINGTON — The White House is taking a new position on the coronavirus pandemic: a daily count of 750 deaths is a testament to the federal government’s successful pandemic response.

On Wednesday, when U.S. health officials reported nearly 27,000 new Covid-19 cases, President Trump said in a television interview that the virus was “dying out.” He brushed off concerns about an upcoming rally in Tulsa, Okla., because the number of cases there is “very miniscule,” despite the state’s surging infection rate. In a Wall Street Journal interview Wednesday, Trump argued coronavirus testing was “overrated” because it reveals large numbers of new Covid-19 cases, which in turn “makes us look bad,” and suggested that some Americans who wear masks do so not only to guard against the virus, but perhaps to display their anti-Trump animus.

But a range of public health experts told STAT that this messaging not only diverts attention from a pandemic that has already caused 120,000 U.S. deaths, but has more practical implications: It could make it difficult for local governments to enlist the public in the mitigation measures necessary to reduce the continued spread of the virus.

- No problem with an indoor rally in OK because the number of cases there is 'very miniscule'

There will be an ad come election push... Trump's words followed by numbers of those who have died. No music no background effects. Just his words then numbers.

His legacy will be this. He can live with it but this won't escape his family name forever.

he has now issued a veiled threat to any protestors that look to show up in Tulsa.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/503547-trump-warns-protesters-ahead-of-tulsa-rally

Yeah, it doesn’t upset me, I couldn’t care less. Just odd that the people who will deface the flag like that are also probably the same crowd losing their shirt when athletes kneel during the National Anthem.

Yeah, it doesn’t upset me, I couldn’t care less. Just odd that the people who will deface the flag like that are also probably the same crowd losing their shirt when athletes kneel during the National Anthem.

Agree - I was making the shrug shoulder guy to say there’s no consistency to the ‘revere the flag’ crowd.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom