All things political. Coronavirus Edition. (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Maxp

Reaction score
    I fear we are really going to be in a bad place due to the obvious cuts to the federal agencies that deal with infectious disease, but also the negative effect the Affordable Care act has had on non urban hospitals. Our front line defenses are ineffectual and our ability to treat the populous is probably at an all time low. Factor in the cost of healthcare and I can see our system crashing. What do you think about the politics of this virus?

The sad thing people wore them during the Spanish flu and we can't get everyone on board now is just stupid.

It truly is minimal amount of effort to do your part to stop humans from dieing early.

It truly is how ungodly selfish a people we have become and lack any empathy what so ever.
    It really irks me when I see so many people in what are increasingly more and more crowded stores, office buildings, restaurants, gas stations, (hell, everywhere) walking around without a mask on like there's no virus at all. I really feel like all of these businesses should be requiring customers wear masks. Like you said, it's not that big of a deal to do. And all it does is save lives but who cares about that anyway?

I'm not a big fan of Burger King but I went there the other day because they've been advertising about how "contactless" the whole experience is from the meal being cooked to handed to you in your car. Well, none of the employees were wearing masks. The only one I saw wearing gloves was the cashier. I thought about reporting them to Burger King's corporate office or whatever but realized they don't give a shirt either and the whole "contactless experience" is just a marketing ploy.

Taco Bell, on the other hand, had everyone in masks, the cashier had gloves on but still used a plastic cup to take my money and give me my change (and left the cup with me, they're not reusing it). Then when the order was ready, they used a clean bus bin to pass the order to me out the window. Thy didn't advertise about doing it the right way, they just did. More businesses should be acting like Taco Bell. That's a sentence I never thought I'd say.

It really irks me when I see so many people in what are increasingly more and more crowded stores, office buildings, restaurants, gas stations, (hell, everywhere) walking around without a mask on like there's no virus at all. I really feel like all of these businesses should be requiring customers wear masks. Like you said, it's not that big of a deal to do. And all it does is save lives but who cares about that anyway?

I'm not a big fan of Burger King but I went there the other day because they've been advertising about how "contactless" the whole experience is from the meal being cooked to handed to you in your car. Well, none of the employees were wearing masks. The only one I saw wearing gloves was the cashier. I thought about reporting them to Burger King's corporate office or whatever but realized they don't give a shirt either and the whole "contactless experience" is just a marketing ploy.

Taco Bell, on the other hand, had everyone in masks, the cashier had gloves on but still used a plastic cup to take my money and give me my change (and left the cup with me, they're not reusing it). Then when the order was ready, they used a clean bus bin to pass the order to me out the window. Thy didn't advertise about doing it the right way, they just did. More businesses should be acting like Taco Bell. That's a sentence I never thought I'd say.

Chick Fil A is doing the same thing as Taco Bell, even going the extra step of putting bags and drinks into containers and passing them to customers that way.

Pizza Hut has a contactless delivery method that I find funny, in which they put the boxes and whatever else in a big garbage bag, tie it off, and leave it on the porch. It was all fun and games until they put a two liter on top of a pizza, though.

More businesses should be acting like Taco Bell. That's a sentence I never thought I'd say.

The Wal-Marts by me are similar. They aren't requiring masks, but they are (supposedly) keeping an eye on how many people are in the store. 99% of the employees are in masks. It hasn't been busy enough when I'm there to determine if they are only allowing a certain number of people in. But there is someone always at the door. They also have the entrance/exit roped off from each other.

The Rouse's across from them isn't really filtering anyone, there are employees either not wearing masks, or wearing them wrong (like how do you not cover your nose?), and there's no sign they are counting people. They were, early on, wiping down carts, but I'm not even sure they're doing that. The employee is still there, but I've not actually seen him do anything. Not to say they aren't, it was just more obvious early on.

I'm usually in favor of supporting local businesses, but I am just more comfortable going to Wal-Mart right now. That's a sentence I never thought I'd say.

What do you mean exactly? I am not an IT person.. I know you would be concerned.. East Baton Rouge has really suffered.

Sorry, I didn't see the notification you had replied. Just that having server issues so often is a bit concerning.

Honestly, most in the healthcare industry would say the current way gloves are being used is not appropriate. I remember speaking to a manager at Cane's about how having the cashier receive/return money, gather food to give to customers while also picking up napkins, ketchup, etc. all in the same pair of gloves was probably as much a contributor to the spread than not wearing gloves at all. A better option is handwashing and hand sanitizer if the couldn't set up a process similar to what was being done at the drive-thru. The following week, Cane's was doing drive-thru only (followed by curbside).

Sorry, I didn't see the notification you had replied. Just that having server issues so often is a bit concerning.

Its Ok.. At the moment I am freaked out by Trump's vicious attack on Scarborough and his crap about "Cold Cases". I fear Trump has lost his mind.

Honestly, most in the healthcare industry would say the current way gloves are being used is not appropriate. I remember speaking to a manager at Cane's about how having the cashier receive/return money, gather food to give to customers while also picking up napkins, ketchup, etc. all in the same pair of gloves was probably as much a contributor to the spread than not wearing gloves at all. A better option is handwashing and hand sanitizer if the couldn't set up a process similar to what was being done at the drive-thru. The following week, Cane's was doing drive-thru only (followed by curbside).
    I agree. I see these workers wearing gloves while handling my transaction and wonder how many transactions they'd handled previously while wearing the same pair of gloves. To me, it's more about theater than effectiveness. I see the mask wearing much differently, though.

I agree. I see these workers wearing gloves while handling my transaction and wonder how many transactions they'd handled previously while wearing the same pair of gloves. To me, it's more about theater than effectiveness. I see the mask wearing much differently, though.

The official recommendations here don't recommend glove use. But rather to wash or disinfect your hands between each customer, Many stores also don't accept cash - only contactless payments and the receipt if the customer wants it, is printed on the custommer side of the glass screen so that only the custommer needs to touch it.

A few of our major chains also recommend "Scan your own purchases apps" You start the app and whenever you put something in the cart you scan the code. When you're done you process the payment directly from your cellphone. You then show the receipt no to the cashier who then get a list of the things scanned (and can take a quick look at your cart) and just wave you through. So no physical contact at all. Carts are disinfected between use and there are disinfection stations both at the entrance, exit and at the vegetables inside the stores.

It's really going to fall on the consumers to take precautions such as wearing masks or face shields or both and washing hands immediately after interactions with others. I leave my kids at home whenever I have to go to the store so as not to needlessly expose them potentially to the virus. I see the same thing that others are reporting; people wearing the mask over their mouth but not their nose, same gloves being used multiple times, etc. Premature reopening is making people feel like the virus is over. Until the people out there thinking the virus is over start actually getting sick and suffering through the virus (hopefully not dying), the behaviors won't change.

Businesses are so desperate to have customers, they won't do anything to dissuade them from coming in and spending money. Only a handful of businesses right now are actually as concerned with the health and lives of their employees and customers as they are with trying to get back to producing revenue. It really is a shame because those businesses could actually be setting the tone for how to do business in a Covid-19 world rather than giving people the false notion that everything is "back to normal".

If the guidelines were being forcefully stressed from a federal standpoint, businesses would be taking it more seriously. I fear having a second wave of infections and death. I would rather fear a second wave and be wrong than to go about business as usual and be wrong. One of those approaches results in deaths.

Think about what our grandparents experienced during WWII with food rations and such. If we had to fight WWII again in this current climate, Germany would win easily. We live in a nation of selfish people who don't really know what it means to be patriotic.

Nobody here is taking it seriously. I don't see any masks anymore when I go out.

I think this is happening all over. I'm here in UT and have been in the stores (gas station, Target) this week and have seen only a few people wearing masks vs. most people a month ago. It's like someone gave the 'all clear' once the memorial day crowds got outside.

Not good.

I live in Alabama, plenty of people wearing masks in Fresh Market, Costco, and Publix. I bought a gun at a gun shop wearing my hat and a mask, thought it was funny that I could buy a gun wearing the same setup as a bank robber. I was the only one wearing a mask in there, but they did have a five person limit. Then I got heckled in Bass Pro for wearing a mask by a grossly overweight redneck. I'll keep wearing my mask.

I live in Alabama, plenty of people wearing masks in Fresh Market, Costco, and Publix. I bought a gun at a gun shop wearing my hat and a mask, thought it was funny that I could buy a gun wearing the same setup as a bank robber. I was the only one wearing a mask in there, but they did have a five person limit. Then I got heckled in Bass Pro for wearing a mask by a grossly overweight redneck. I'll keep wearing my mask.

Costco is mandating masks. At least, they were the list time I was there. And Publix was good for them tonight. Maybe the Target experience was an outlier.

I am definitely picking and choosing where I go by how safe the business appears to be operating and how many of their patrons are wearing masks. Up here Menards is requiring masks, while Lowe’s isn’t and almost nobody in Lowe’s is wearing one. So we will be using Menards from now on, even though it’s a few miles farther.

I am definitely picking and choosing where I go by how safe the business appears to be operating and how many of their patrons are wearing masks. Up here Menards is requiring masks, while Lowe’s isn’t and almost nobody in Lowe’s is wearing one. So we will be using Menards from now on, even though it’s a few miles farther.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Lowe's was responsible for spreading over 10,000 cases nation wide. They probably only trail nursing homes in spreading COVID19. I will never go to Lowe's again.

That is the only way to be in this. I don't see how a place of business that shows no respect to employees or customers deserves my hard earned money.

Have not been to a Lowe's here but all home depot employees wearing masks and handing them out to shoppers that don't have them in Orleans parish. Costco for the last few visits has been limited numbers in store and all masked.

People that respect me will only get my money.

He's (Angry). I apologize, there is a swear word in the tweet, and I believe he lets a curse word or two slip, but mostly tried not to, despite being very angry.

I would be upset too. You don't hide something like that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom