All Things LGBTQ+ (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    Didn't really see a place for this so I thought I would start a thread about all things LGBTQ since this is a pretty hot topic in our culture right now

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/17/sup...y-that-refuses-to-work-with-lgbt-couples.html

• The Supreme Court on Thursday delivered a unanimous defeat to LGBT couples in a high-profile case over whether Philadelphia could refuse to contract with a Roman Catholic adoption agency that says its religious beliefs prevent it from working with same-sex foster parents.
    • Chief Justice John Roberts wrote in an opinion for a majority of the court that Philadelphia violated the First Amendment by refusing to contract with Catholic Social Services once it learned that the organization would not certify same-sex couples for adoption.

I will admit, I was hopeful for this decision by the SCOTUS but I was surprised by the unanimous decision.

While I don't think there is anything wrong, per se, with same sex couples adopting and raising children (I actually think it is a good thing as it not an abortion) but I also did not want to see the state force a religious institution to bend to a societal norm.

Remember back when the BLM protests were taking place and all the right wingers were saying stuff like 'you don't see any consevatives being invloved in any violence like BLM".. Now its mostly conservatives with the violence and threats over selling T Shirts with Rainbows on them at Target...

I read that Target removed some of the items from shelves b/c employees were getting threats of violence etc. Edit: I see a page back it was already mentioned. I think if these people are going into stores doing this, hopefully charges get filed against every one of them. Ideally that happens... in reality I feel like Target might not bother b/c it would be too much effort to go through the process

One of the saddest but relevant quotes I've seen circulating around the internet is: "There is no hate like Christian love".

Christianity is already on the decline in the country and there are many starting to complain about being "persecuted" over it. Their "persecution" is just people not blindly accepting their faith and not agreeing with them... but the more they act like this, it will definitely not only hasten Christianity's decline, but it will also make Christians less welcome in society, and if the rest of us Christians don't counter it in a meaningful way, we will deserve it.

I just saw this... it seems like the messaging has gone full on - LGBTQ = Satanism.

It's a sad but predictable progression

I honestly wonder if taking kids who live with same sex couples are next

If children learning about LGBTQ (even just that they exist) and being exposed to (and 'forced to accept) LBGTQ is so bad isn't it just a hop, skip and a jump to the absolute evil of children actually living with LGBTQ people?

Fist ban gay adoption moving forward, then go after already adopted kids first then maybe even biological kids?

Hell, not even parents, what about straight parents and a LGBTQ sibling? Parents forced to choose?

You can keep your gay teen or your 8 year old not both

I hope to God that is far fetched and ridiculous but who can say these days?

Last edited:
    I honestly wonder if taking kids who live with same sex couples are next

If children learning about LGBTQ and being exposed to LBGTQ are so bad isn't it just a hop, skip and a jump to children living with LGBTQ people?

Go after adopted kids first then maybe even biological kids?

Hell, not even parents, what about straight parents and a LGBTQ sibling? Parents forced to choose?

You can keep your gay teen or your 8 year old not both

I hope to God that is far fetched and ridiculous but who can say these days?

I think it seems likely that that is the hope of some... and if it gets amplified in the right way, it will gain momentum.

I think it seems likely that that is the hope of some... and if it gets amplified in the right way, it will gain momentum.

no doubt, and it will be from the same people who reveled in kids being taken from their parents at the border (and if I remember right a lot of kids (hundreds?) still haven't been reunited)

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom