All Things LGBTQ+ (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    Didn't really see a place for this so I thought I would start a thread about all things LGBTQ since this is a pretty hot topic in our culture right now

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/17/sup...y-that-refuses-to-work-with-lgbt-couples.html

• The Supreme Court on Thursday delivered a unanimous defeat to LGBT couples in a high-profile case over whether Philadelphia could refuse to contract with a Roman Catholic adoption agency that says its religious beliefs prevent it from working with same-sex foster parents.
    • Chief Justice John Roberts wrote in an opinion for a majority of the court that Philadelphia violated the First Amendment by refusing to contract with Catholic Social Services once it learned that the organization would not certify same-sex couples for adoption.

I will admit, I was hopeful for this decision by the SCOTUS but I was surprised by the unanimous decision.

While I don't think there is anything wrong, per se, with same sex couples adopting and raising children (I actually think it is a good thing as it not an abortion) but I also did not want to see the state force a religious institution to bend to a societal norm.

A bestselling children’s book, advertised as an LGBTQ+ book on Amazon, compares being trans to pretending to be a walrus.

The picture book “Johnny the Walrus,” by Matt Walsh, a political commentator and podcast host for the conservative news site The Daily Wire, equates the trans experience with a young boy who imagines he is a walrus.

In the book, a wildly imaginative child named Johnny envisions himself as many things, including a walrus.

“But when the internet people find out Johnny likes to make-believe, he’s forced to make a decision between the little boy he is and the things he pretends to be — and he’s not allowed to change his mind,” reads a description of the book on Amazon.

“Johnny the Walrus” is now the #1 bestselling book in Amazon’s “Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Books” category.

“Folks you have to admit this is all extremely funny,” Walsh wrote on Twitter this week. “Me becoming a number one bestselling LGBT author is the twist no one saw coming.”…..

Sad little snowflakes.

It's a little comical that PRIDE scares them so much and that they have to react to every, "Happy PRIDE" message, less their sensitive little ecosystem collapses. Just like with everything else, they feel obligated to "purify" christianity so that only the "true christians" speak and are recognized. Anybody with differing views must be ostracized, shunned and canceled.

The Colorado (I grew up in Monument) right is like the Oregon Right.

They are big mad because they have no say at all anymore so they stake out ridiculous positions to stay at all relevant. Sad.
    Do they stay at home, pouting like the Oregon Right?

Twenty years ago, Beth Stroud was defrocked as a United Methodist Church pastor after telling her Philadelphia congregation that she was in a committed same-sex relationship. On Tuesday night, less than three weeks after the UMC repealed its anti-LGBTQ bans, she was reinstated.

In a closed meeting of clergy from the UMC’s Eastern Pennsylvania region, Stroud exceeded the two-thirds vote requirement to be readmitted as a full member and pastor in the UMC.

Bishop John Schol of Eastern Pennsylvania welcomed the outcome, stating, “I’m grateful that the church has opened up to LGBTQ persons.”

Stroud was brought into the meeting room after the vote, overcome with emotion.

I was completely disoriented,” she told The Associated Press via email. “For what felt like several minutes I couldn’t tell where the front of the room was, where I was, where I needed to go. Everyone was clapping and then they started singing. The bishop asked me quietly if I wanted to say anything and I said I couldn’t.”

She was handed the red stole that designates a fully ordained member of the clergy, and joined her colleagues in a procession into a worship service…..

No matter how often it comes up, I just don't get why people insist on worshipping a god who thinks they are aberrations. and convince themselves that's not the case.

Last edited:
    No matter how often it comes up, I just don't get why people insist on worshipping a god who things they are aberrations. and convince themselves that's not the case.

I don't really either, but I know a lot of gay and lesbian people that are. The just associate more with the love side of Jesus/God, I think. I think the kind of ignore the condemnation and judgment part.

For me, I just couldn't reconcile the dogma a Bible with what I believed to be true.

Libs of TikTok is a terrible hateful account that posts lies almost all the time. You will have to click on the link to see the Community Note that this post is a complete lie.

I'm glad some courts are protecting transgendered people and kids in conservatives states from the religious dictates of state governors and politicians.

================
    A federal judge blocked most of a law championed by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) that strictly limited transgender health care for adults and banned it completely for children.
    In his decision, U.S. District Judge Robert L. Hinkle rejected a common mantra of the DeSantis administration, saying that “gender identity is real,” and that the state cannot deny transgender individuals treatment.

“Florida has adopted a statute and rules that ban gender-affirming care for minors even when medically appropriate,” Hinkle wrote. “The ban is unconstitutional.”
    The decision on a lawsuit filed by parents of transgender children and also adults was hailed by many in the LGBTQ community as a significant victory.

One of the Floridians who sued, Lucien Hamel, said the decision was a relief.

“The state has no place interfering in people’s private medical decisions, and I’m relieved that I can once again get the healthcare that I need here in Florida,” Hamel said in a statement released by the lawyers who represented him and others in the case.

DeSantis press secretary Jeremy Redfern said the state will appeal the decision.
    =================

Last edited:
    Thai lawmakers are set to vote on legalising same-sex marriage, putting the country on the brink of becoming the first southeast-Asian nation to recognise marriage equality.

The senate upper house is expected to approve the legislation on Tuesday, after which it will go to King Maha Vajiralongkorn for royal assent and come into force 120 days after publication in the official Royal Gazette.

If the bill passes, it will make Thailand the third territory in Asia after Taiwan and Nepal to legalise same-sex marriage.

The new legislation changes references to “men”, “women”, “husbands” and “wives” in marriage laws to gender-neutral terms. It also gives same-sex couples the same rights as heterosexual ones when it comes to adoption and inheritance.

Prime minister Srettha Thavisin, who has been vocal in his support for the LGBTQ+ community and the bill, will open his official residence to activists and supporters for celebrations after the vote.

Supporters will later hold a rally, featuring a drag show, in central Bangkok, where giant shopping malls have been flying the rainbow flag in a show of support since the start of pride month in June.

Activists say they hope the first weddings can be celebrated as early as October.

“I am confident that the bill will pass,” LGBTQ+ activist Siritata Ninlapruek told AFP.…..

This guy is (hopefully) in a LOT of trouble. He should lose his medical license. When I worked in the hospital if we accessed ANY patient records without a valid reason, we would be fired on the spot, including our own charts.

This guy is (hopefully) in a LOT of trouble. He should lose his medical license. When I worked in the hospital if we accessed ANY patient records without a valid reason, we would be fired on the spot, including our own charts.

Lose his license, get sued to pieces and get some jail time.

Disgusting.

California prosecutors used homophobic slurs to refer to prospective jurors in death penalty cases, newly disclosed court records reveal, adding to a widening misconduct scandal.

Prosecutors from the Alameda county district attorney’s office, whose jurisdiction includes Oakland, used anti-gay labels during jury selection in two capital trials, according to copies of handwritten notes shared with the Guardian.

In a note from a 2010 case, a prosecutor remarked that a potential juror who worked for Shell oil was a “dyke”. In notes from a 1995 case, a prosecutor wrote that a prospective juror was a cashier and a “possible fagot [sic]”. Neither were selected for the juries.

The files are coming to light two months after US judge Vince Chhabria said evidence suggested Alameda prosecutors have systematically excluded Black and Jewish jurors over the years and ordered the DA’s office to review all implicated death penalty cases.

While some records of discrimination are decades old, the scandal could have a significant impact on defendants who remain incarcerated with death sentences and continue to appeal their cases……

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom