All things Immigration and Wall Talk. Coronavirus Edition. (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

coldseat

Reaction score
    For all of you that want to talk about Immigration and the coronavirus, have at it. I made a tread for y'all.

Maybe a mod can transfer the post in the other tread relating to immigration to this one.

How long until a Trump appointed Texas federal judge overturns Biden's EO and reinstitutes family separation because it's unfair to Texas? 🙄

Practically, they don't have to, since Biden's EO gives prosecutors discretion as to who to prosecute and how. But for show? Yeah...

Oh right. Sorry; I thought the two where intertwined, but you are correct, they are not.

By all means let Biden relax the 'zero tolerance' policy of actually prosecuting people who deliberately break US law ? Just what kind of message is that sending ?
    Have you read their decision or EO? Do we actually know what the exact changes are?

So, apparently, the Biden administration has reopened facilities used to house migrants that were widely condemned by Democrats. The positions people are taking aren't really surprising. But it's interesting that AOC isn't having any of it. Good for her for being consistent.

So, apparently, the Biden administration has reopened facilities used to house migrants that were widely condemned by Democrats. The positions people are taking aren't really surprising. But it's interesting that AOC isn't having any of it. Good for her for being consistent.

I mean I understand her push back here, but do you want to just leave the kids on the street instead? They have to be housed somewhere, and social distancing is making it so facilities don't "go as far". It's not like they're being kept in cages here. I also didn't notice if there was any mention as to the permanence of the situation.

I mean I understand her push back here, but do you want to just leave the kids on the street instead? They have to be housed somewhere, and social distancing is making it so facilities don't "go as far". It's not like they're being kept in cages here. I also didn't notice if there was any mention as to the permanence of the situation.

Well, she isn't proposing eliminating them, but rather there should be a licensing process they go through prior to utilization. I suspect she doesn't realize that there are building codes and rules/regs the Feds have to follow. The problem isn't one of whether or not it's done, but rather how it gets done.

Well, she isn't proposing eliminating them, but rather there should be a licensing process they go through prior to utilization. I suspect she doesn't realize that there are building codes and rules/regs the Feds have to follow. The problem isn't one of whether or not it's done, but rather how it gets done.
    I'm with her. Totally. There's something lots of people don't know and it's that these detention centers immigration is using are owned and operated by the same Peice of work corporations running our private prison industry and they don't care at all about the people they detain. The private prison industry needs to go.

And to the building codes and rules/regs that they have to follow, Orleans Parish operated "HOD" (House of Detention) as a wing of OPP for over a decade after the building had been condemned. It didn't stop them from using it and overcrowding it just as much as they always had. It was cheaper to pay the monthly fine than it would've been to build a new prison. Especially when they were getting DOC prisoners to house there on top of the rest and the state DOC money that comes with each of those inmates.

As long as families aren't being broken up and aren't put on the street, I'm okay with detainees staying in a barracks like outfit like many parish prisoners do. Squalid conditions aren't acceptable ever.

I'm with her. Totally. There's something lots of people don't know and it's that these detention centers immigration is using are owned and operated by the same Peice of work corporations running our private prison industry and they don't care at all about the people they detain. The private prison industry needs to go.

And to the building codes and rules/regs that they have to follow, Orleans Parish operated "HOD" (House of Detention) as a wing of OPP for over a decade after the building had been condemned. It didn't stop them from using it and overcrowding it just as much as they always had. It was cheaper to pay the monthly fine than it would've been to build a new prison. Especially when they were getting DOC prisoners to house there on top of the rest and the state DOC money that comes with each of those inmates.

As long as families aren't being broken up and aren't put on the street, I'm okay with detainees staying in a barracks like outfit like many parish prisoners do. Squalid conditions aren't acceptable ever.

Agree 100%. Well said.

Can anyone spot the logical fault in the below:

1616122730337.png

Hmm, open =/= arrested? :hihi:

Correctamundo, and they are over on Gab eating this crap up. I'm not the smartest man in the world, but it took me a whole 2 seconds to realize the problem. Critical thinking needs to be brought back into education. Americans are starting to become dumb as all hell.

Almost makes me want to create a Smokey from Friday meme "How you gon get arrested at an open border Craig?" But it isn't worth the effort.

I'm perfectly fine with this kind of border wall...

I'm perfectly fine with this kind of border wall...

... or it could be that it was really loud?

Fun fact: Mexicans tend to play music way too loud to the point it sounds distorted. Also, the music playing was Northern music, which I don't particularly care for. I'm with the neighbor on this one.

#whitexican

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom