All things Immigration and Wall Talk. Coronavirus Edition. (1 Viewer)

< Previous | Next >

coldseat

Reaction score
For all of you that want to talk about Immigration and the coronavirus, have at it. I made a tread for y'all.

Maybe a mod can transfer the post in the other tread relating to immigration to this one.

nolaspe

Reaction score
... or it could be that it was really loud?

Fun fact: Mexicans tend to play music way too loud to the point it sounds distorted. Also, the music playing was Northern music, which I don't particularly care for. I'm with the neighbor on this one.

#whitexican
I lived in Guadalajara for a bit, I know all about banda music, etc lol... The music of my people is merengue, salsa, vallenato, etc. We play it loud too...

The neighbor yelling reportedly told them to 'go back to their country' during the tirade which is why I posted it... If it was too loud, that should have been his sole point...

insidejob

Reaction score
I lived in Guadalajara for a bit, I know all about banda music, etc lol... The music of my people is merengue, salsa, vallenato, etc. We play it loud too...

The neighbor yelling reportedly told them to 'go back to their country' during the tirade which is why I posted it... If it was too loud, that should have been his sole point...

So what's racist about telling them to go back to their country? People tell me all the time to go back to Nova Scotia when I cheese them off by having loud crawfish boils. They obviously assume my people are Acadian because I live in New Orleans and boil/eat crawfish with a large gathering of people who have last names that end in -eaux or some other Acadian spelling. Or maybe it's the zydeco we bump full blast through a 1988 top of the line Sony Boom Box - you know the one I'm talking about...about 18' tall and 36' long/wide, a shiny silver plastic front made to look like chrome over a matted black, and knobs, dials, switches and buttons that are also a shiny color so they can be seen by all the girls passed while walking down the street with the box on your shoulder. /s

OK, I'm just stupid and there is absolutely no white guy response of defense in situations where a white person tells any person of color to go back where they came from like we didn't commit genocide and then enslave people mainly from Africa but also numerous other countries around the world as long as we could get away with it, just to be the proud Americans we are today.

The older I get, the more embarrassing it is to be a white person. That's pretty much the same thing the Trump cult is built on but I feel that way for many different reasons than they do, though they are actually one of the bigger reasons when it comes down to it.

samiam5211

Reaction score
So what's racist about telling them to go back to their country? People tell me all the time to go back to Nova Scotia when I cheese them off by having loud crawfish boils. They obviously assume my people are Acadian because I live in New Orleans and boil/eat crawfish with a large gathering of people who have last names that end in -eaux or some other Acadian spelling. Or maybe it's the zydeco we bump full blast through a 1988 top of the line Sony Boom Box - you know the one I'm talking about...about 18' tall and 36' long/wide, a shiny silver plastic front made to look like chrome over a matted black, and knobs, dials, switches and buttons that are also a shiny color so they can be seen by all the girls passed while walking down the street with the box on your shoulder. /s

OK, I'm just stupid and there is absolutely no white guy response of defense in situations where a white person tells any person of color to go back where they came from like we didn't commit genocide and then enslave people mainly from Africa but also numerous other countries around the world as long as we could get away with it, just to be the proud Americans we are today.

The older I get, the more embarrassing it is to be a white person. That's pretty much the same thing the Trump cult is built on but I feel that way for many different reasons than they do, though they are actually one of the bigger reasons when it comes down to it.
Plus, i'm not sure where they are, but anyone living in the US southwest who tells a Mexican to go back to their country should really learn a little history.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

< Previous | Next >

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Top Bottom