100 Marines to Baghdad (Iran conflict discussion)(Reopened & Merged) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

We’re gonna try to stay on point in this one -🤞 .

After the Iranian admission of shooting down the Ukrainian 737, which was carrying 82 Iranian passengers, protests against the Supreme Leader have broken out.

The UK ambassador to Iran has been arrested for talking photos of the protests. President Trump has tweeted support for the protesters in English and Farsi.

I honestly don't see anyway Iran is going to enter into negotiations with Trump. But at least it's not escalating more.

My guess is Iran will return to their normal provocations through intermediaries.

The cable news channels sure want us to go to war. This display should clear up any doubt on how bad for our country all these networks are.

But I think this Ukraine 737 is a problem - signs are increasingly pointing to a missile strike, and the source is likely Iranian soil. Admittedly, there isn't solid (public) evidence about this yet, but circumstances strongly suggest it. For now Iran is on fair footing to withhold evidence as it is the lead investigating nation but they aren't going to be able to put a lid on this.

If there is sufficient evidence to show it was an Iranian missile, this gets very challenging. Ukraine and Canada will certainly want resolution and there will be calls from various possible corners of the US political landscape for accountability. Does Iran try some kind of mea culpa, which might actually signal a new turn toward participation with the West or does it deny deny deny? And would Trump join the calls for accountability or would he work to downplay it, so as not to spoil the de-escalation?

This situation is the wildcard. I hate phrasing it that way considering nearly 200 persons lost their lives. But, this recent brinksmanship with Iran can easily be unraveled if the Intel of this "crash" goes left.

It reminds me how you reacted to Trump's proclamation that "I don't need exit strategies." I'm not suggesting the Trump Administration is responsible for Iran shooting down this plane, if that's what happened, but it does highlight the unintended consequences this type of escalation can cause.

What's the stated, clear policy with Iran? What's our exit strategy if it goes left? Did this assassination help or hurt that directive? The imminent threat justification seems to be unraveling. Where is the bipartisan, partisan or allied backed support for their directive? Are our relationships with Canada and Ukraine in healthy spaces to absorb possible inaction on our part if their calls for accountability grow? Do we have the trust and allied support in the region to make a move?

As an American, this Administration hasn't convinced me they are prepped and able to handle this situation at its lowest common denominator. This "plane crash" is evidence of how fast things can deteriorate from a domino effect of events. I'm sorry but "trust us, we know what we are doing, don't debate the veracity of our actions, it's unpatriotic" doesn't cut the mustard.

We shouldn’t forget that Iran has fully restarted their nuclear program.

We were hyperventilating about them being 6 months from a nuke a few years ago, well they are going full steam ahead right now.

We have an Iran nuclear problem that we did not have two weeks ago.
    I highly doubt they "restarted" a program they never stopped.

I honestly don't see anyway Iran is going to enter into negotiations with Trump. But at least it's not escalating more.

My guess is Iran will return to their normal provocations through intermediaries.

Which is no different than using there own troops/weapons since they both direct and pay for those attacks.

I AM not defending anything.... but it's pretty simple... if Iran doesn't attack no more shirt there won't be a problem and no war.. They got the ball.

You seem to forget we didn't do anything but sanctions. THEY attacked ships. THEY shot down drones. THEY fired missiles at US bases.

At least Trump is not just sitting by.. He gave Iran two or three passes... But they kept pushing.. and Killing Americans was just the straw that broke the camel back.
    Maybe you don't realize it, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if you didn't, but your quoted statement is exactly a defense of trump's actions. It did not attack his actions and it damn sure wasn't a neutral position. Therefore it was a defense of what he did and you proceeded to rationalize said defense by justifying his actions with "but they kept pushing....just the straw that broke the camel back." That is a defense. Maybe you didn't want to defend him but you just couldn't help yourself. I'd take that as an explanation but don't write what you did and then turn around and claim it's not a defense.

I explained myself earlier, and I think clearly. It's not my fault if you don't understand the point or don't want to.

I get it... That saying Iranians are happy and post a link to dancing Iraqs can make a reader assume the two were meant to be the same.. I understand that...

With that said. Did you watch the 5 minute video of the Iranian woman?

Maybe you don't realize it, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if you didn't, but your quoted statement is exactly a defense of trump's actions. It did not attack his actions and it damn sure wasn't a neutral position. Therefore it was a defense of what he did and you proceeded to rationalize said defense by justifying his actions with "but they kept pushing....just the straw that broke the camel back." That is a defense. Maybe you didn't want to defend him but you just couldn't help yourself. I'd take that as an explanation but don't write what you did and then turn around and claim it's not a defense.

Honestly, I don;t understand...
    Ships attacked... We did nothing...
    Drones attacked.. We did nothing.
    US Civilian Killed... We retaliated..

So yea.. I am gonna defend Trump.. He is doing what I voted him in for.. Not taking crap on the foreign policy scene.

I get it... That saying Iranians are happy and post a link to dancing Iraqs can make a reader assume the two were meant to be the same.. I understand that...

With that said. Did you watch the 5 minute video of the Iranian woman?
    Glad you understand that, even though you kept arguing with me and then drug my name out as if I was arguing a point that I never was....

No, I didn't. And I don't care. You will always find opposite reactions about every subject. It's a pretty meaningless point.

I'm just glad after a few days of some people hyperventilating about this, vs just focusing on the actual issues of the attack, the way our government went about it, the way executive power has gone off the rails, etc.. that it seems like things are dying down.

Naw.. It would be more like Trump going Hey Iran... Nancy P lives on 165 W Palm Avenue.

I don't know this website.. and I just found it tonight with a search.. But my point is that I am not the only one with the same thought...

Of course you are not the only person to have thought that. I think anyone, knowing how much she despises Trump, would have thought, "did she just...?"

The real problem comes when it's not one of our fellow citizens who has that thought, but an Islamic terrorist or other bad actor. Like I said before, I think she is pretty stupid, but I don't think she is so stupid that she didn't have that thought as well. She decided to do it anyway.

Honestly, I don;t understand...
    Ships attacked... We did nothing...
    Drones attacked.. We did nothing.
    US Civilian Killed... We retaliated..

So yea.. I am gonna defend Trump.. He is doing what I voted him in for.. Not taking crap on the foreign policy scene.
    So you were lying earlier when you said you wasn't defending anything. Thanks for finally admitting it.

So you were lying earlier when you said you wasn't defending anything. Thanks for finally admitting it.

Don;t take me out of context.. I can not defend a thing he does, but yet defend him for doing something, even if I thought the choice he made was wrong.

Don;t take me out of context.. I can not defend a thing he does, but yet defend him for doing something, even if I thought the choice he made was wrong.
    This phrase doesn't mean what you think it means. The context is that you stated very clearly that you wasn't defending anything....and then you proceeded to offer a defense ("at lease trump isn't sitting around"). I then showed you how you were defending trump's decision. Finally, you admitted you were defending trump's decision. The context is your own damn words.

"i can not defend a thing he does." Followed by "but yet (I'll) defend him for doing something." Did you even read what you wrote?
    You're pretty much confirming for me that you don't have any original thoughts of your own. You simply listen to Faux News and then come here and regurgitate it.

So, you are actually going to say he was "lying?" If you think there is a discrepancy in his posts there are other ways to demonstrate that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom