Welcome To the Christian Theocracy Called The United States of America (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Huntn

Misty Mountains Envoy
    Reaction score
    It’s just a matter of time …if certain people get their way:
    Evidence from 2022:

U.S. Supreme Court takes aim at separation of church and state​

WASHINGTON, June 28 (Reuters) - The conservative-majority U.S. Supreme Court has chipped away at the wall separating church and state in a series of new rulings, eroding American legal traditions intended to prevent government officials from promoting any particular faith.

In three decisions in the past eight weeks, the court has ruled against government officials whose policies and actions were taken to avoid violating the U.S. Constitution's First Amendment prohibition on governmental endorsement of religion - known as the "establishment clause."
    The court on Monday backed a Washington state public high school football coach who was suspended by a local school district for refusing to stop leading Christian prayers with players on the field after games. read more
    On June 21, it endorsed taxpayer money paying for students to attend religious schools under a Maine tuition assistance program in rural areas lacking nearby public high schools. read more
    On May 2, it ruled in favor of a Christian group that sought to fly a flag emblazoned with a cross at Boston city hall under a program aimed at promoting diversity and tolerance among the city's different communities. read more

• Is seperation of church and state a real thing? YES, it is, the Establishment Clause and a famous statement from Thomas Jefferson that the Establishment Clause is the wall between Church and State.
    • But then there are certain Christians who think that freedom of religion means freedom to shove your religion down other people’s throats. When it actually means freedom to practise your religion, not shoving it down other people’s throats, and for the other half, freedom from religion.

Last edited:
    It’s just a matter of time …if certain people get their way:
    Evidence from 2022:

U.S. Supreme Court takes aim at separation of church and state​

WASHINGTON, June 28 (Reuters) - The conservative-majority U.S. Supreme Court has chipped away at the wall separating church and state in a series of new rulings, eroding American legal traditions intended to prevent government officials from promoting any particular faith.

In three decisions in the past eight weeks, the court has ruled against government officials whose policies and actions were taken to avoid violating the U.S. Constitution's First Amendment prohibition on governmental endorsement of religion - known as the "establishment clause."
    The court on Monday backed a Washington state public high school football coach who was suspended by a local school district for refusing to stop leading Christian prayers with players on the field after games. read more
    On June 21, it endorsed taxpayer money paying for students to attend religious schools under a Maine tuition assistance program in rural areas lacking nearby public high schools. read more
    On May 2, it ruled in favor of a Christian group that sought to fly a flag emblazoned with a cross at Boston city hall under a program aimed at promoting diversity and tolerance among the city's different communities. read more

• Is seperation of church and state a real thing? YES, it is.
    • But then there are certain Christians who think that freedom of religion means freedom to shove your religion down other people’s throats. When it actually means freedom to practise your religion, not shoving it down other people’s throats, and for the other half, freedom from religion.
    The creation of Gilead in these United States is inevitable.

Last edited:
    No hostile intent, but you tell me what this means?

"The Republic of Gilead, colloquially referred to as simply Gilead or elsewhere sometimes called, by its leadership, the Divine Republic, is the totalitarian patriarchal theocracy that rules over most of the territory that belonged to the former continental United States in The Handmaid's Tale. The regime that governs it can be seen as the overall antagonist of the television adaptation."

"The Republic of Gilead, colloquially referred to as simply Gilead or elsewhere sometimes called, by its leadership, the Divine Republic, is the totalitarian patriarchal theocracy that rules over most of the territory that belonged to the former continental United States in The Handmaid's Tale. The regime that governs it can be seen as the overall antagonist of the television adaptation."

Thanks. I’m ashamed to say I read the Handmaid’s Tale and this reference eluded me. In my defense it was a while ago and I have lousy short term memory… 😐

What is this bullocks about normalizing? Have you heard of Kabuki? How about a woman playing Peter Pan? How about the fact that boys wore dresses as a matter of routine in the 19th and early 20thCentury United States?

My sarcastic Characterization: Main Street theater’s presentation of James and the Giant Peach in Houston, Texas features 8 actors playing 20 roles. It’s time to be really afraid. My little Billy could see this and decide he wants to be a girl!! 🤯

What we are seeing today is the hard core, intolerant Right Wing becoming psychotic in nature, taking intolerance based on ignorance to extremes. These people are off the rails thinking that oppressing people into their ignorant homophobic, sexual straight jacket Is the path to the wholesome God approved Christian Life.

'They're normalizing this so much': Texas school district cancels elementary schools field trips to see Roald Dahl's 'James and the Giant Peach' after parent complained about 'cross gender casting​

A Texas school district canceled field trips to see Roald Dahl's James and the Giant Peach after parents complained about 'cross-gender casting'.
    Students, with some as young as elementary aged, from Spring Branch Independent School District (SBISD) in Houston were scheduled to see the play at Main Street Theaters before it was scrapped due to concerns raised over its 'age-appropriateness'.

899B53F1-8D5F-4D95-9665-9FAE10ADB723.jpeg

0C16E41D-077E-4EF0-870B-81A1E3E2A69E.jpeg
    Franklin D Roosevelt in 1884, aged 2​

Last edited:
    What is this bullocks about normalizing? Have you heard of Kabuki? How about a woman playing Peter Pan? How about the fact that boys wore dresses as a matter of routine in the 19th and early 20thCentury United States?

My sarcastic Characterization: Main Street theater’s presentation of James and the Giant Peach in Houston, Texas features 8 actors playing 20 roles. It’s time to be really afraid. My little Billy could see this and decide he wants to be a girl!! 🤯

What we are seeing today is the hard core, intolerant Right Wing becoming psychotic in nature, taking intolerance based on ignorance to extremes. These people are off the rails thinking that oppressing people into their ignorant homophobic, sexual straight jacket Is the path to the wholesome God approved Christian Life.

'They're normalizing this so much': Texas school district cancels elementary schools field trips to see Roald Dahl's 'James and the Giant Peach' after parent complained about 'cross gender casting​

A Texas school district canceled field trips to see Roald Dahl's James and the Giant Peach after parents complained about 'cross-gender casting'.
    Students, with some as young as elementary aged, from Spring Branch Independent School District (SBISD) in Houston were scheduled to see the play at Main Street Theaters before it was scrapped due to concerns raised over its 'age-appropriateness'.

899B53F1-8D5F-4D95-9665-9FAE10ADB723.jpeg

0C16E41D-077E-4EF0-870B-81A1E3E2A69E.jpeg
    Franklin D Roosevelt in 1884, aged 2​

A couple of things:

Men began playing women in Kabuki theater because women were banned from playing in Kabuki theater by a shogun over "morality concerns", not because they were "gender-progressive".

There are a lot of things that were normal in the 19th century, like age of consent being 12.

Maybe someone will write an article about those gender bending highlanders wearing skirts.

Last edited:
    He’s a real Peice of work. He was verbally abusive and manipulative with his wife, and she is finally divorcing him. So because this wounds his raging narcissism he cannot believe it’s legal for her to leave him.

Yeah, conservative punditry is dominated by despicable and broken men.

What’s really alarming to me is this part:

Republicans across the country are now reconsidering no-fault divorce. There isn’t a huge mystery behind the campaign: Like the crusades against abortion and contraception, making it more difficult to leave an unhappy marriage is about control. Crowder’s home state could be the first to eliminate it, if the Texas GOP gets its way. Last year, the Republican Party of Texas added language to its platformcalling for an end to no-fault divorce: “We urge the Legislature to rescind unilateral no-fault divorce laws, to support covenant marriage, and to pass legislation extending the period of time in which a divorce may occur to six months after the date of filing for divorce.”

Yeah, conservative punditry is dominated by despicable and broken men.

What’s really alarming to me is this part:

Republicans across the country are now reconsidering no-fault divorce. There isn’t a huge mystery behind the campaign: Like the crusades against abortion and contraception, making it more difficult to leave an unhappy marriage is about control. Crowder’s home state could be the first to eliminate it, if the Texas GOP gets its way. Last year, the Republican Party of Texas added language to its platformcalling for an end to no-fault divorce: “We urge the Legislature to rescind unilateral no-fault divorce laws, to support covenant marriage, and to pass legislation extending the period of time in which a divorce may occur to six months after the date of filing for divorce.”
    The deeper they dig, the deeper they will be buried…

Yes, I said “war on reality.” It is a war on women, very much so. The attacks on women’s bodies, women’s rights, women’s lives, are all specifically aimed at women. I expect an effort to repeal the XIX Amendment giving women the right to vote (there’ve already been some hints). Misogyny runs rampant among Republicans, absolutely. They have been warned they are losing women’s votes with their increasing demands to stop all abortions and with the harm their laws have already caused women (and the doctors who care for them), but they don’t care. To them, it’s not a bug, it’s a feature.

But it’s also a war on reality generally. The latest case is the push to eliminate no-fault divorce.

They are all desperate to put women back in their place - in the home and under direct control of men. My R state senator was one of the few in my state to point out the cruelty of the abortion law being considered at the time, much to my amazement. He directly called it an attack on women. He was not enough to keep the rest of the legislature from passing it. The wording of these laws doesn’t actually seem to be anti-abortion as much as they seem to seek to punish women. One can only assume it’s deliberate. There was plenty of testimony from doctors before the bill was passed pointing out exactly how it would punish women with emergency medical problems during pregnancy. They passed it anyway. They knew.

Conservative Christianity depends on the subjugation of women. It’s an ugly truth, but it just cannot be denied. They cannot stand that women have the same rights as men-to control their own lives. They teach in their churches that women should not have the same rights as men.

It’s not different from radical religions around the world. The conservative Christians of today bear a striking resemblance to radical Muslims in their thoughts about women, and radicalizing techniques borrowed from Muslims are being utilized to radicalize Christian men.

If we think it cannot happen here, we are fooling ourselves. People are not all that different the whole world over.

I also read yesterday that suicides by women decreased significantly once no fault divorce went through, as did even allegations of abuse. Trying to go back will directly harm women, even to being responsible for their deaths. They want women trapped in abusive relationships.

Conservative Christianity depends on the subjugation of women. It’s an ugly truth, but it just cannot be denied. They cannot stand that women have the same rights as men-to control their own lives. They teach in their churches that women should not have the same rights as men.

This is the part that has to be said out loud over and over and over. I've heard the flimsy attempts by "Christians" to argue against abortion and homosexuality for secular reasons and it's always unconvincing garbage. This is about enacting their Biblical views and the subjugation of women is fundamental to that. My wife and I were talking about this last night and agree that anybody who values liberty and wants to save this country from religious tyranny, will have to understand that it's no longer about names of candidates on the ballot but rather the big, fundamental ideas that America is supposed to be based on. 2016 was a devastating setback. We very well won't survive another.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom