We Need to Talk About Trump's Project 2025 & Trump's Manifesto "Mandate for Leadership: The Conservative Promise" (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

LA - L.A.

Reaction score
    I think Trump's Project 2025 needs it's own thread to make as many people as possible aware of it, how Trump and the people he's surrounded himself with are dead serious about making it happen, and how devastating it will be if we allow Trump to make it happen. These are the various pages on his website which should show Trump means business. Trump's not just wishing or theorizing, he's planning and implementing.

Trump and his minion's home page (the bolding is their's, not mine):

"It is not enough for conservatives to win elections. If we are going to rescue the country from the grip of the radical Left, we need both a governing agenda and the right people in place, ready to carry this agenda out on Day One of the next conservative Administration.​
    This is the goal of the 2025 Presidential Transition Project. The project will build on four pillars that will, collectively, pave the way for an effective conservative Administration."​

Trump's policy agenda page:

"This book is an invitation for you the reader—Mr. Smith, Mrs. Smith, and Ms. Smith—to come to Washington or support those who can. Our goal is to assemble an army of aligned, vetted, trained, and prepared conservatives to go to work on Day One to deconstruct the Administrative State.​
    ...​
    The next conservative President will enter office on January 20, 2025, with a simple choice: greatness or failure. It will be a daunting test, but no more so than every other generation of Americans has faced and passed. The Conservative Promise represents the best effort of the conservative movement in 2023—and the next conservative President’s last opportunity to save our republic."​

Trump's personnel (recruitment/application) page, bolding is mine:

"Please fill out the questionnaire below and upload your resume for inclusion in the Presidential Personnel Database if you would like to be considered for positions in a presidential Administration.​
    Project 2025 is the effort of a massive coalition of conservative organizations that have come together to ensure a successful Administration begins in January 2025. With the right conservative policy recommendations and properly vetted and trained personnel to implement them, we will take back our government. Project 2025 is being organized by The Heritage Foundation."​

Trump's training page:

"The Presidential Administration Academy is a one-of-a-kind educational and skill-building program designed to prepare and equip future political appointees now to be ready on Day One of the next conservative Administration. This academy provides aspiring appointees with the insight, background knowledge, and expertise in governance to immediately begin rolling back destructive policy and advancing conservative ideas in the federal government."​

Trump's first 180 days playbook page:

"The time is short, and conservatives need a plan. The project will create a playbook of actions to be taken in the first 180 days of the new Administration to bring quick relief to Americans suffering from the Left’s devastating policies."​

Trump's playbook, bolding mine (I've downloaded the pdf of their playbook for when Trump eventually pulls it from his website once the backlash really kicks in):

"This book is an invitation for you the reader—Mr. Smith, Mrs. Smith, and Ms. Smith—to come to Washington or support those who can. Our goal is to assemble an army of aligned, vetted, trained, and prepared conservatives to go to work on Day One to deconstruct the Administrative State.​
    ...​
    This is an agenda prepared by and for conservatives who will be ready on Day One of the next Administration to save our country. The Heritage Foundation is once again facilitating this work, but as our dozens of partners and hundreds of authors will attest, this book is the work of the entire conservative movement.​
    ...​
    The next conservative President will enter office on January 20, 2025 ... The Conservative Promise represents the best effort of the conservative movement in 2023—and the next conservative President’s last opportunity to save our republic."​

The link to the 111 groups Trump and his minions have cobbled together in a coalition to help Trump achieve his agenda.

Groups include:​
    • ALEC - the Koch brother's foundation that has written all of the state laws that undermine child labor protection, worker's rights, air and water pollution protections, voter's rights, government assistance programs from those that need the help, and tax codes that made sure the wealthy pay their fair share of taxes.
    • Moms For Liberty - the group leading the charge to ban any book that treats anyone, who is not white, heterosexual, cis and Christian, as being equal and deserving of acceptance, tolerance and respect.
    • National Right to Work Legal Defense Foundation - which works for corporations to prevent and bust worker's unions to help corporations pay a non living wage to employees and force them to work under horrible conditions.
    • Tea Party Patriots - the group that is MAGA and has taken control of the Republican party and supports Trump's efforts to stage a coup on Jan 6th so that he could stay in power even though he lost the election.
    • Turning Point USA - run by Charlie Kirk who fully embraces Christian Nationalism and the reducing of women to just being homemakers dedicated only to serving their husbands and their family, in that order

Here are some articles and videos that give an overview of what Trump's Project 2025 plans to do if Trump wins the presidency:

The Heritage Foundation cooked up this plan during the Reagan administration, but Reagan didn't let the Heritage Foundation fully implement it. Trump has claimed it for himself and has made it his plan, because it plays into the ultimate power and control that Trump wants. See the videos below.

No matter how annoying, frustrating, distasteful, or unappealing it may be, either Biden or Trump will be the next president. No one else has a chance at winning the election. If Biden wins, we have issues to solve, but we still have our democracy.

If Trump wins, we lose our democracy and have to fight for our freedom, if we aren't white, Christian, cis, heterosexual men who believe in the divine right of white, Christian, cis, heterosexual men to sit in domination over all others.

The bottom line is this, vote for Biden if you want to preserve our democracy, or don't vote for Biden if you want to chance Trump winning, which would bring an end to our democracy.

That's the grounded-in-reality choice folks, like it or not. Please vote for Biden so that we all have the freedom to live our lives how we want, to argue with each other, and to protest without fear of being imprisoned or "falling" out of window to our death.

This election is not a drill, it's the real deal.

Last edited:
    It's important to remember that trump is just a vehicle for those right-wing organizations that are behind this "project". The Republican Party has fully embraced this idea along with unitary executive theory and their goal is to do exactly what they claim Democrats are doing, except in their case, they are working towards a post constitutional US. They see the US Constitution as a road-block and with Project 2025, they aim to tear down those barricades to achieve their objective.

I realize that, Trump isn’t the long term issue here, there will be another like him for sure….but this is more about the immediate issue at hand…..one step at a time….the cult members that comprise most of the R party aren’t going anywhere, the only hope is that some die off and women come out in record numbers to vote going forward…..

I don’t have time to view it right now but I think this might be Oliver’s segment:

That is Oliver's segment on Project 2025 from Sunday night. It's a good and entertaining analysis by Oliver, as usual.

Thanks for posting it.

I realize that, Trump isn’t the long term issue here, there will be another like him for sure….but this is more about the immediate issue at hand…..one step at a time….the cult members that comprise most of the R party aren’t going anywhere, the only hope is that some die off and women come out in record numbers to vote going forward…..
    Absolutely, the immediate task at hand is making sure Trump and as many Republicans as possible lose. If we accomplish that, then we need to get hard to work at legally and institutionally hardening our democracy against authoritarian insurrection from within.

One of the most important things we need to do is to reinvest and strengthen public education, because we aren't were we are today without the decades long assault and erosion of our public schools. We need every child to be taught the truth about what their rights are and how our government is designed to work. That will make them less likely to fall prey to lying authoritarians.

Last edited:
    Watched Oliver's piece - very disturbing

No trickery, no subterfuge, no switcheroo or double cross

Say saying flat out what they intend to do, and how they intend to do it
    Them being so boldly public and transparent raises my level of concern.

Either they've overdosed on hubris, are throwing a desperate hail mary because time's running out on them, or they know something about the outcome of the election that the rest of us don't.

The resurgence of NATO and making them less dependent on the US and the new financial sanctions on Russia has Putin in a desperate position and he knows he can't afford for Biden to win, so I expect a more drastic and overt attempt to undermine the election, not the voting but the election itself.

Heck, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Putin's in N Korea to convince Kim to attack S Korea, Japan or the US.

Either they've overdosed on hubris, are throwing a desperate hail mary because time's running out on them, or they know something about the outcome of the election that the rest of us don't.

I think the brazenness of it all is largely the expected result of the departure and fealty of so many of the old establishment party members, leaving the door open for the radical extreme to take over messaging and policy. The voices of reason are rapidly dwindling. But we also are getting reminders through election outcomes that their ideas aren’t popular. I think the GOP is essentially a runaway train, at this point.

I think it has to do more with their confidence in their voting base, they understand that their constituents are willing to let them tear up constitution.

I think the brazenness of it all is largely the expected result of the departure and fealty of so many of the old establishment party members, leaving the door open for the radical extreme to take over messaging and policy. The voices of reason are rapidly dwindling. But we also are getting reminders through election outcomes that their ideas aren’t popular. I think the GOP is essentially a runaway train, at this point.
    I do reassure myself that it's hubris. MAGA suffers mightily from:

The Dunning-Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people wrongly overestimate their knowledge or ability in a specific area. This tends to occur because a lack of self-awareness prevents them from accurately assessing their own skills.

Leonard Leo of the Heritage Foundation has been patient and shrewd. Project 2025 being so in your face is not like his decades long approach. Maybe even he has lost control of the monster he created.

I think it has to do more with their confidence in their voting base, they understand that their constituents are willing to let them tear up constitution.
    I'm optimistic that they have no chance of winning with just the votes from their base and it doesn't seem like anyone outside of the MAGA based has any more patience for their BS, but there's always that nagging but.

Last edited:
    I'm optimistic that they have no chance of winning with just the votes from their base and it doesn't seem like anyone outside of the MAGA based has any more patience for their BS, but there's always that nagging but.
    I wasn't speaking about trump. They feel confident that their next candidate, any future republican candidate would not receive any constraint or backlash from their voters.

I wasn't speaking about trump. They feel confident that their next candidate, any future republican candidate would not receive any constraint or backlash from their voters.
    I understood you weren't talking about Trump. I wasn't either. I was referring to the Republican party as a whole and the Bannons and Heritage Foundations of the Republican party when I said MAGA.

I know they know they've got unconditional devotion from Republican voters as a whole. My point is that they can't win an election with just those voters. They have to have more than just Republicans/MAGA voting for them if they want to win.

By being so public with Project 2025, the snakes in the grass have chosen to slither out into the open in broad daylight and they seem to think that they won't get Saint Patrick'ed by the majority of voters who are highly opposed to what they promise to do.

It's a strategic blunder on their part, unless they know or think they know something about the election that no one else does.

Last edited:
    What did we expect ? Conservatives haven't changed. This isn't new. They have been determined since Reagan came into office in 1981to undue the Welfare State and regulatory regimen. Not only that they have always opposed the social and political changes that made blacks, women, and LGBTQ people more equal.

Neither Reagan or the Bushes did nearly enough to advance the Rightwing cause in any concrete way. This angered and emboldened a wide array of activists, intellectuals, politicians, and propagandists especially those on talk radio.

They became more unhinged and extreme. They traffic in racism and xenophobia. They posture and float conspiracy theories rather than working with Democrats to govern whether in Washington or the states. All of this made Trump possible.

Project 2025 by the Heritage Foundation is the culmination of everything the Right could ever want or hope to do. And too many people are blinded by anger at high prices, hatred of immigrants, blacks, and transgender people to care or stop this from happening.

Last edited:
    I didn’t see it but MSNBC had the head of the Heritage Foundation on this morning. IMO we need to see more of this.

Excerpts from Twitter. Not posting tweet because of f words.

“Please make sure everyone you know sees this segment with Heritage Foundation President Kevin Roberts — the organization behind Project 2025.

—————

QUESTION: Is your organization going to accept the results of the 2024 presidential election, regardless of the election results.

ANSWER: Yes, if there isn’t massive fraud like there was in 2020.

QUESTION: There wasn’t massive fraud. Where was it?

ANSWER: no answer

QUESTION: What is the plan for the deportation of undocumented immigrants in the interior, not at the border.

ANSWER: We need to have the biggest mass deportation system in America.

QUESTION: What are these people (undocumented immigrants) doing?

ANSWER: A lot of them are committing crimes like murdering the 12-year-old girl in Houston.

FACT: That’s one out of 11 million. In Texas, undocumented immigrants were 37.1 % less likely to be convicted of a crime.

QUESTION: Should a woman be able to get an abortion if her doctor says she needs one?

ANSWER: Abortion is not healthcare . We will change the name of the Department of Health and Human Services to the Department of Life, because we are all in support of life.”

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom