Ukraine lawmaker files request for full transcript of Trump-Zelenskiy call (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Andrus

Admin
    Staff member
    Reaction score

This could get really interesting. I don't see Zelensky releasing a full transcript, but if he does...

o_O Do you honestly believe that is ever going to happen during any committee hearings chaired by Schiff or Nadler?
    I think politically it would be a very smart move. Biden isn't elected to anything yet, and it could clear his name from the primaries and let Warren run from the front of the pack early enough to move back towards the center in preparation for the general election.

My understanding however is that the allegations were already investigated, so a simple presentation of those findings should check the box for most people worried about the issue.

All this might well be true but we'll never know for sure because Schiff and Nadler will never issue any subpoenas to anyone associated with Joe or Hunter Biden. When it comes to any possible wrongdoing by Democratic officials or their family members there motto is See No Evil Hear No Evil.
    Oh there's a big political component to it, no doubt.

Just odd to hear the Democrats being called out for not being impartial when the Senate Republicans have already stated they will refuse to consider anything that comes out of the Impeachment Inquiry. If the impartiality argument wasn't based in 100% partisan politics, you would think the more obvious example would at least merit a mention.

Good stuff! Passionate yet fairly respectful debating, sans the insults. Other than The Moose's drive by comment that added nothing but an unwelcome snipe to the discussion, this type of discourse between opposing viewpoints is exactly what I am looking for on this board. :9:

So, if you want an investigation of Biden, you need to lay out the reasons you think we need to start an investigation.

So far, we know that Biden's son was on the Board of Directors of Burisma Group.
    We know that the prosecutor general Shokin was investigating the Burima Group for a money laundering scheme that occurred before Hunter joined the board.
    We know that Joe Biden threatened to withhold aid from Ukraine unless Shokin was fired.

We also know that several countries were withholding aid from Ukraine unless Shokin was fired. The reason they wanted him fired was because he was part of the culture of corruption that was endemic under the former president Yanukovych. It was the determination of several countries that Ukraine could not move forward until they got rid of those elements of corruption.

We further know that Hunter Biden was never the subject of the original investigation into Burisma.
    We also know that Joe Biden did not make the decision to withhold aid from Ukraine unless they fired Shokin.

So, does that seem like a reason to investigate Biden?

So, if you want an investigation of Biden, you need to lay out the reasons you think we need to start an investigation.

So far, we know that Biden's son was on the Board of Directors of Burisma Group.
    We know that the prosecutor general Shokin was investigating the Burima Group for a money laundering scheme that occurred before Hunter joined the board.
    We know that Joe Biden threatened to withhold aid from Ukraine unless Shokin was fired.

We also know that several countries were withholding aid from Ukraine unless Shokin was fired. The reason they wanted him fired was because he was part of the culture of corruption that was endemic under the former president Yanukovych. It was the determination of several countries that Ukraine could not move forward until they got rid of those elements of corruption.

We further know that Hunter Biden was never the subject of the original investigation into Burisma.
    We also know that Joe Biden did not make the decision to withhold aid from Ukraine unless they fired Shokin.

So, does that seem like a reason to investigate Biden?
    The things you think you know are mostly lies.
    Check out the original source of the Biden story.
    Trump's attempt to deflect is 180* from the truth.

I'm pretty confident in my facts listed above. What about those is incorrect? I'm not sure it's helpful to say -- "you're wrong" and then leave without anything else.

I'm pretty confident in my facts listed above. What about those is incorrect? I'm not sure it's helpful to say -- "you're wrong" and then leave without anything else.

Sorry, knee-jerk reaction since you didn't call out that the Ukrainian investigation was being sabotaged by the Ukrainian prosecutor and Biden went there to get that investigation moving again. By having Ukraine clean house of the whole corrupt show.
    It's more a matter of framing, I guess.
    The most important things we know are that Hunter was never a target and Biden went there to get the investigation moving, not to stop it.

Good stuff! Passionate yet fairly respectful debating, sans the insults. Other than The Moose's drive by comment that added nothing but an unwelcome snipe to the discussion, this type of discourse between opposing viewpoints is exactly what I am looking for on this board. :9:

Ok I see now how I should say why it is a riot.

When you are trading arms for info on the child with a huge booger sugar problem so you have dirt in your race is a riot.

Yes he is a Coke fiend that got a good job cuz of Daddy. So what?

Let's use money to investigate a dude that has a son with a Coke habit. That is a riot also.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom