Twitter bans political advertising, starting November (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

buzd

Reaction score
    I don't like quite a bit of what Twitter has done with regards to content curating, but with the furor over Facebook's issues, this is a bold move.

Thread from @Jack here:

I don't use twitter - was there a huge problem with political ads?
    Lots of news lately that FB will allow any garbage ad on their site. Twitter is trying to make it seem they are better than FB and won't allow political ads. I'm working on my masters in data science and the papers I am reading about what Twitter and FB do with your data will make your blood run cold. Google Facebook experiment to control user emotions through news feed.

Lots of news lately that FB will allow any garbage ad on their site. Twitter is trying to make it seem they are better than FB and won't allow political ads. I'm working on my masters in data science and the papers I am reading about what Twitter and FB do with your data will make your blood run cold. Google Facebook experiment to control user emotions through news feed.

And what is the political affiliation of both page and zuckerburg?

“I’m pro a knowledge economy”....says the CEO of the company profiting off a shadowy user data collection model that’s bundled and sold to companies based on the premise they can use that data to manipulate users toward their ends, all while arguing his platform should allow unfettered propaganda, misinformation, and disinformation if the price is right.

...Also ran experiments about how they could manipulate users feeds to manipulate their opinions.

Also ran a farcical stalking horse presidential campaign in Iowa on the premise of re-establishing a shared foundation of facts and evidence to stabilize the unrest in our democracy.

Last edited:
    Love of Money for Zuckerberg.

Who is Page?

Originator and top share holder for google. And to say zuckerberg isn’t a liberal is a little funny, I mean there are at least 5 other conservative atheist in the country, he may be the 6th.

Last edited:
    I don't use twitter - was there a huge problem with political ads?
    Social media propaganda is a problem on most social network platforms. Including message boards.

In a global study, countries with greater social media network proliferation show a correlating rise in cultural fascist sympathies.

Hypothesized because of the addictive loops baked into the algorithms used to hook social media consumers. Algorithms that emphasize baser human instincts and promote cognitive reinforcement through emotionally evocative content meant to stimulate dopamine reactions in users as a way to addict audiences.

And to say zuckerberg isn’t a liberal is a little funny, I mean there are at least 5 other conservative atheist in the country, he may be the 6th.
    Why don't we stick to the facts of his actual political affiliations?

"Campaign Contributions to Republicans and Democrats
    Zuckerberg himself has contributed to:
    • Sean Eldridge: Zuckerberg contributed the maximum $5,200 to the Republican House candidate’s campaign committee in 2013. Eldridge is husband of Facebook co-founder Chris Hughes, according to the National Journal.
    • Orrin G. Hatch: Zuckerberg contributed the maximum $5,200 to the Republican senator from Utah’s campaign committee in 2013.
    • Marco Rubio: Zuckerberg contributed the maximum $5,200 to the Republican senator from Florida’s campaign committee in 2013.
    • Paul D. Ryan: Zuckerberg contributed $2,600 to the failed 2012 Republican vice presidential nominee and House member in 2014.
    • Charles E. Schumer: Zuckerberg contributed the maximum $5,200 to the Democratic senator from New York’s campaign committee in 2013.
    • Cory Booker: Zuckerberg also contributed $7,800 in 2013 to the prominent member of the Democratic Party and senator who is widely believed to be a leading candidate for president as soon as 2020. But Zuckerberg sought and received a full refund for unexplained reasons."
    "Zuckerberg is a major contributor to Facebook’s political-action committee, called Facebook Inc. PAC. He’s given $25,000 to the PAC since 2011, according to federal records. The Facebook PAC raised nearly $350,000 in the 2012 election cycle. It spent $277,675 supporting federal candidates; Facebook spent more on Republicans ($144,000) than it did on Democrats ($125,000). "

"In the 2016 elections, Facebook PAC spent $517,000 supporting federal candidates. In all, 56 percent went to Republicans and 44 percent went to Democrats."

"In the 2018 election cycle, Facebook PAC spent $278,000 supporting candidates for federal office, mostly on Republicans, records show. Zuckerberg did, however, give his largest one-time donation to the Democratic Party in San Francisco in 2015 when he cut a check for $10,000, according to Federal Election Commission records."

"Zuckerberg, though he personally has contributed to Republican political campaigns, has said the FWD.us is nonpartisan. “We will work with members of Congress from both parties, the administration and state and local officials,” Zuckerberg wrote in The Washington Post. “We will use online and offline advocacy tools to build support for policy changes, and we will strongly support those willing to take the tough stands necessary to promote these policies in Washington."

His only affiliation is to his wallet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom