Trump's inability to restrain himself (Attacks on Greta Thunberg) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

coldseat

Reaction score
    I realize the title is inflammatory (to some), but in this instance it's well warranted. His attacks and mocking of Greta Thunberg are disgusting and unacceptable. I know we're just supposed to ignore him because he does this with everybody, but we shouldn't. There is no time and place where we should accept a US President mocking a 16 year old minor. NEVER! For any reason. If you don't have a problem with this, there's a problem with you.

Her activism for climate change and the fact that it irks Trump is irrelevant to how she should be treated, especially publicly by a US President.

This is what Trump represents to the world. This is the face they see when they think of America now, a 70-year old man attacking a 16-year old girl concerned about her future and the future of the planet she lives on. This is one of the main reasons he needs to go.

Seriously, do you not realize what the play is here?

Step 1: Trot out some teen and have that teen say inflammatory crap that no "adult" can get away with;

Step 2: Cry "foul" when people inevitably criticize the pawn and tell those critics they are really bad people.

Regardless of the merits of the climate change arguments, that issue has been hijacked by some people whose goals are considered by conservatives to be pure evil. Take a look at the Green New Deal for example, which is not so much about the environment as it is ushering in Marxist ideology. But, if you don't read it that way, check out the comments from AOC's former chief of staff.

The Greta stunt was a failure. We see through the very transparent ploy.

Can you please give some examples of the "inflammatory crap that no "adult" can get away with" that Greta has said?

Step 1: Trot out some teen and have that teen say inflammatory crap that no "adult" can get away with;

Step 2: Cry "foul" when people inevitably criticize the pawn and tell those critics they are really bad people.

Regardless of the merits of the climate change arguments, that issue has been hijacked by some people whose goals are considered by conservatives to be pure evil. Take a look at the Green New Deal for example, which is not so much about the environment as it is ushering in Marxist ideology. But, if you don't read it that way, check out the comments from AOC's former chief of staff.

What is see is adults acting like middle schoolers because they don't like what a girl is saying.

It is possible to disagree with her activism without saying that she needs anger management or saying we mock her because it's fun.

You are free to collect your cool points, but don't whine when no one takes you seriously.

Good grief, is everything in the world a giant conspiracy to you? Seriously? That’s not healthy.

Trump is selling us to the Russians and "conservatives" are worried about Marxism taking hold in the US.

What are we to do?

There's a man in the White House that says "inflammatory crap" all the time. Not only does he get away with it, his supporters applaud him for it. So I'm not quite sure this is the angle you want to attack from in support of the president.

I would love to see a face to face confrontation between Greta and Trump.

He’s not nearly as tough in real life as In twitter.

Good grief, is everything in the world a giant conspiracy to you? Seriously? That’s not healthy.

LOL, I was just about to post how rich that is coming from the side who sees Russians around every corner. I was going to find an example, but DTC was kind enough to provide one, right on time:

Trump is selling us to the Russians and "conservatives" are worried about Marxism taking hold in the US.

What are we to do?

Realize that you have been duped and then vote to MAGA.

Did you watch her put on her show at the UN? No responsible parent would encourage that type of narcissistic behavior. That's on them and those who shamelessly use Greta.
    I did watch it. I didn’t see any narcissism. I saw a young courageous woman speaking truth to power. Maybe I’m not a responsible parent though.

I did watch it. I didn’t see any narcissism. I saw a young courageous woman speaking truth to power. Maybe I’m not a responsible parent though.

Expecting the earth to be habitable after all the boomers are gone is pretty self centered.

Typical, ignore the indefensible and focus on something else.

Why is soooo difficult for some of you to acknowledge when trump is wrong? It would go a long way to healing discourse if we all can agree on actual facts instead of deploying deflections and obfuscations.

LOL, in the words of JFK, "we don't mock Greta because it is easy, we mock Greta because it is fun!!"

Putting forth 16 year olds to virtue signal and scold the rest of the world and then insisting that those some activists are off limits due to their age is a trick that just isn't working.

The real people who are abusing this child are her parents and those who are funding her.
    So, Baron is fair game again?

I do get the difference of fame, but there are lots of famous kids out there, or kids of famous people.

What is he gaining from attacking her? It is petty, even for him.

@coldseat p.s., as a brother in arms here, I do think your title is inflammatory, even if in the right wheelhouse. I think the mental illness stuff is better suited to the liberal page or mudpit. I think you can make a sharp rebuke without resorting to those terms.

Could be as simple as Trump cant help himself, and attacks/criticizes 16yr old girl because she was named time person of the year.

His inability to restrain himself is just an observable fact. He likes to push.

So, Baron is fair game again?

I do get the difference of fame, but there are lots of famous kids out there, or kids of famous people.

What is he gaining from attacking her? It is petty, even for him.

I was going to back away from the thread simply because I have a lot of posts here, but as a courtesy to you I will address your questions.

First, there is the obvious difference that Barron has not traveled around the world to scold people with his righteous indignation.

Having said that, I wasn't particularly upset at the Professor's comments, although I do hope that they don't result in bullying from his peers.

IMO, the professor's remark was a huge win for the GOP. It demonstrated (as if there was not enough evidence already) that she is a partisan who hates the POTUS. Moreover, I suspect that she conspired on that bit with Sheila Jackson Lee, who provided the set up. Hence, it was a second blow to her credibility if the democrats thought they could pass her off as a non partisan expert who came down from on high to share here learned opinions. That particular professor was so bad that her bias controlled the news for the day (at least with conservative circles) and people were suspect of the other two Democratic witnesses, who had issues of their own.

What does he gain? At this point, regardless of what you think about Trump, I think his political instincts about retaining and even expanding his base have proven to be correct. So, just because you think it's a misstep doesn't mean it is. Greta is extremely unpopular with conservatives and he knows that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom