Trump Tracker Too (2 Trump 2 Tracker) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

EmBeeFiveOhFour

Reaction score
    The football board had the very useful Daily Trump Tracker thread, which was a good place to briefly discuss the latest ridiculous thing that might have ended 97% of prior Presidential administrations even if it didn't necessarily justify an entire thread devoted to it in 2017-2019 (because of the sheer volume of these things). Since I don't see anything like that here already, I'll add one myself.

You can't imagine how low they went, until you read this:

Matthew Cooper was a senior writer at Newsweek and is a contributing editor of The Washington Monthly and Washingtonian.

It was 3 a.m. on Saturday, and I was seething. Staring at my phone, I saw that my company, Newsweek Media Group, had put out yet another story that would require a correction if not a retraction. This time it was a story ripped from The Onion. We were treating the fake news as if it were real. OFFS, I tapped under a friend’s Facebook post after seeing it, short for Oh, For F***’s Sake. The headline in our sister publication, the International Business Times: “Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Set Up Wedding Registry at London’s Target.” Despite the late hour, I dropped a note to an editor who took the story down off the website. You can see the link on Google, but if you click, you’ll get “Error 404. PAGE NOT FOUND.” There’s no correction, which is what a normal news company might post.

Yeah, when a real news organization runs a story from The Onion as being real, that's as low as it gets.
    You might as well have run a Mad Magazine expose. :hihi:

That's actually hilarious. I can't believe they fell for an Onion piece.

What say you about the non-stop lies coming directly out of the mouth of the POTUS?
    Should we hold him to the same standard we're holding Newsweek to?

He was loved in the SuperDome last night.

He got the welcoming I thought he'd get. If anyone has ever spent more than 5 seconds at TD forums, they'd know that a lot of LSU fans are huge supporters. Ever since the baseball game that he was booed at, they've been doing their best to put him in situations to get the best responses. Football in the deep South is an amazing place to find Trump supporters. And now that they know the reaction is going to be broadcast and dissected, they're going to react even more in favor of their guy. I think it's a great move by his PR team during an extremely rough patch of his political career. Surround yourself by your supporters, make a big deal of it and make sure they know their response is going to be compared to other people's. It was a good move on his team's part. I however think it had nothing to do with New Orleans.

So apparently people are upset that Drew and Brittney Brees were hanging out with Donald and Melania.

I think my dislike of Trump is well documented, but good Lord I would never presume to judge Drew Brees for who sits with at a football game.
    I have no problem with it.

In fact if you think that he did not announce going to the game and he had to be it a luxury box full of people that his security could give a background check to and large enough to hold everyone and security my guess it was the Benson box and drew should be in that one.

Yeah and the vast majority of the LSU hardcore fans I know fit in that group that support him so the cheering him is not surprising.

On another note that tweet of Nancy and Pat in garb in front of an Iranian flag is unbelievable.

The nonsense he does to dehumanize Muslims and the Democrats needs to stop.

So apparently people are upset that Drew and Brittney Brees were hanging out with Donald and Melania.

I think my dislike of Trump is well documented, but good Lord I would never presume to judge Drew Brees for who sits with at a football game.

That is why I don't care for social media. A few people not liking something gets blown way out of proportion. Their entire life is based off of social media.

On another note that tweet of Nancy and Pat in garb in front of an Iranian flag is unbelievable.

The nonsense he does to dehumanize Muslims and the Democrats needs to stop.

Agree - it's just so base and gross. We used to be able to somewhat rely on top elected leaders to have some sense of decorum and respect for the role they carry . . . Trump doesn't give two shirts.

That is why I don't care for social media. A few people not liking something gets blown way out of proportion. Their entire life is based off of social media.

Vince Vaughn is getting the same treatment - people talking about boycotting his movies. So stupid - and these same people laugh at the idiots burning their Nikes after the Kaepernick commercial.

(Nike analogy credit to)

Last edited:
    He was loved in the SuperDome last night.

That was the least surprising thing that happened last night.

It was slightly annoying that Trump hogged so much attention from the game at the beginning when it had nothing to do with him, but it was predictable. Both him showing up there (because of course the spot light) and the reaction he got. That's his core demographic, college educated and non-college educated white males from the south.

Thankfully, by about 5 seconds in, I had completely forgotten about him and didn't think about him again the rest of the game. Lol.

Geaux Tigers! National Champions!

Last edited:
    The only President in my lifetime that I have truly disliked is George W. Bush. But if he came up to me - whether while PResident or after, I certainly would shake his hand and be respectful. In fact, I wouldn't boo him at a ball game either - even though I honestly think he is a war criminal. I am not sure if that is good or bad.

Also - I hate this infatuation with measuring the cheers and boos for politicians now. It is ridiculous.

After the post below, the race card got played on Drew. Sick, sick, sick.

1579021954958.png

The only President in my lifetime that I have truly disliked is George W. Bush. But if he came up to me - whether while PResident or after, I certainly would shake his hand and be respectful. In fact, I wouldn't boo him at a ball game either - even though I honestly think he is a war criminal. I am not sure if that is good or bad.

Also - I hate this infatuation with measuring the cheers and boos for politicians now. It is ridiculous.
    I agree about respecting the office and would do the same if I had the opportunity to meet any president.

I do think it is a waste of tax payer money for him to attend all these games. This is his 3rd game this year. I'm guessing it costs a lot for the security. Not sure if any president has attended as many College Football games as he has. I understand the championship games but the LSU Alabama game earlier this year was purely to make up for the boos he got at the World Series and other events he attended.

I agree about respecting the office and would do the same if I had the opportunity to meet any president.

I do think it is a waste of tax payer money for him to attend all these games. This is his 3rd game this year. I'm guessing it costs a lot for the security. Not sure if any president has attended as many College Football games as he has. I understand the championship games but the LSU Alabama game earlier this year was purely to make up for the boos he got at the World Series and other events he attended.

Presidents going to big sporting events is old, old news.
    White House Archives, presidents throwing out first pitch of baseball seasons:

1579023837707.png

LINK:

Sports Illustrated did a special John F. Kennedy edition, chock full of sporting events he attended . . . throwing out the first pitch, coin tosses, etc.
    As a Navy alum, the annual Army-Navy football classic was a must attend occasion for him.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom