Trump Indictment ( includes NY AG and Fed documents case ) (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Former President D. Trump has been indicted by a New York Grand Jury. There will be much to talk about on this topic because this is just the first step in a lengthy process.
    Possibly it is worthy of its own thread here rather than posting about Trump's indictment in already existing threads? :unsure:
    This 3/31/23 story might get the ball rolling....

Yes they are and it's as ridiculous as someone claiming @Snarky Sack & @SaintForLife are the same person.
    If someone did make that accusation, I certainly wouldn't cry about it. I just say okay if you think so that's fine.

By the way, I noticed that you edited your post about how y'all should get rid of me by taking me out of it and making it general.

unfortunately, I already captured it when I quoted it in my reply. Would you like for me to edit that part in my post to match your corrections?

By the way, I noticed that you edited your post about how y'all should get rid of me by taking me out of it and making it general.
    Yes I immediately edited after I posted it. I've explained in the post why I edited it and I sent you a private message to explain it to you personally since I took an unnecessary personal swipe at you. My apologies for that.
    unfortunately, I already captured it when I quoted it in my reply. Would you like for me to edit that part in my post to match your corrections?
    It's your call. In all sincerity and civility, what you choose to do doesn't matter to me one way or another.

Been there. Experienced that.
    This is what they do.
    They focused on me....and now they've set their sites on you.
    Numerous times I tried to redirect their posts OFF of ME and onto the SUBJECT.
    Alas, at times it was wasted efforts on my part.
    One person, I think @brandon, mentioned correctly that you do NOT participate in personal attacks. He (I believe) stated that he feels you are wrong but gave you some credit for being issue focused.
    I agree.
    This is not my first rodeo. No doubt they would like the board to be nothing but people who all agree with them. They as much as told me that by saying that I should just lurk for several days to see how the board goes. On another board that was very similar, someone whose personality perfectly matched two posters on here said, "we have been on this board for a long time and we like to talk to each other because we do have the same opinions."

Seems pretty boring and the free market prevents them from having that except on a very specialized board. Owners of a board will want traffic and traffic comes from differing opinions. Moderators don't typically kick people off for different opinions.

The board that I'm returning to is pretty good.

Last edited:
    I am absolutely for intelligent and reasonable discussion from all sides and I can understand people from the right coming here and feeling ganged up on.. but it's also true that almost all posters from the right here have either been Trump supporters/apologists or operating in bad faith. It's just rare that someone from the right comes in and doesn't fall within one of the two categories and is therefore reasonable.

This is not my first rodeo. No doubt they would like the board to be nothing but people who all agree with them.
    This is just hogwash. There are several conservatives on the board. I'm actually a fiscal conservative and moderate on social issues. And we can always have a spirited discussion and and the end of the day, agree to disagree. Friendly debate on the issues is perfectly fine.
    They as much as told me that by saying that I should just lurk for several days to see how the board goes. On another board that was very similar, someone whose personality perfectly matched two posters on here said, "we have been on this board for a long time and we like to talk to each other because we do have the same opinions."
    What's your point here?
    Seems pretty boring and the free market prevents them from having that except on a very specialized board. Owners of a board will want traffic and traffic comes from differing opinions. Moderators don't typically kick people off for different opinions.
    Not one poster has been banned here for having a different opinion.
    The board that I'm returning to is pretty good. Not that this one isn't, the management is fine. But my other forum has a much more even mix. No one complains about snark, they just give it back. People get reported for violating rules like no talking about family members, no calling posters "groomers," etc.
    Just to be sure, here personal attacks are frowned upon here and are against the TOS and if you feel you're personally attacked, report the post and the mods will handle it.
    Even at that, people complain about the moderation, as in "why can I be called a nazi, but I can't call a person who advocates sexualizing children "groomers?" Moderators participate in the debate, but the mix of progs and cons is pretty good.

LoL! Ok, come on, nine days!

This is just hogwash. There are several conservatives on the board. I'm actually a fiscal conservative and moderate on social issues. And we can always have a spirited discussion and and the end of the day, agree to disagree. Friendly debate on the issues is perfectly fine.
    Then what is the difference with me, that posters dream of ways to get rid of me?

It's Trump, right? Be honest.
    What's your point here?
    That I was told directly that Trump supporters and "outsiders" on this board "don't last long" because they are reported to the mods. You want the exact quotes? I also had a poster threaten explicitly to come back under a different screen name to troll me.
    Of course not. That is why it is a dream.
    Just to be sure, here personal attacks are frowned upon here and are against the TOS and if you feel you're personally attacked, report the post and the mods will handle it.
    I've seen no need for that. If posters were not allowed to personally attack me, I'd have few posters willing to respond to me at all.

Then what is the difference with me, that posters dream of ways to get rid of me?

Part of it is Trump, but part of it is your posting. Not one poster has said they want to get rid of you.
    That I was told directly that Trump supporters and "outsiders" on this board "don't last long" because they are reported to the mods. You want the exact quotes? I also had a poster threaten explicitly to come back under a different screen name to troll me.
    They were reported to the mods for insulting other posters, being unnecessarily confrontational, trolling among other things. It had nothing to do with them supporting Trump.

The poster already explained himself, let it go man.
    Of course not. That is why it is a dream.
    I dont get this response.
    I've seen no need for that. If posters were not allowed to personally attack me, I'd have few posters willing to respond to me at all.
    It's still a rule. Posters aren't allowed to attack you. They can attack/challenge your ideas, but personal attacks aren't allowed.

Part of it is Trump, but part of it is your posting. Not one poster has said they want to get rid of you.

They were reported to the mods for insulting other posters, being unnecessarily confrontational, trolling among other things. It had nothing to do with them supporting Trump.

The poster already explained himself, let it go man.
    I've let it go with the poster who sincerely walked it back. We have a truce as far as I'm concerned. I look forward to non-personal discussions with him or her.

Not the posters to whom I was referring. They have doubled down on their personal attacks. I'll quote them on request.
    I dont get this response.

It's still a rule. Posters aren't allowed to attack you. They can attack/challenge your ideas, but personal attacks aren't allowed.
    They do.

But I don't report them, and I'm not complaining. I only mentioned it in answer to your questioning me as if I'm the only snarky poster.

I've let it go with the poster who sincerely walked it back. We have a truce as far as I'm concerned. I look forward to non-personal discussions with him or her.

Not the posters to whom I was referring. They have doubled down on their personal attacks. I'll quote them on request.
    That's up to you.
    They do.

But I don't report them, and I'm not complaining. I only mentioned it in answer to your questioning me as if I'm the only snarky poster.
    Where did I question you like that? Seriously?

Then what is the difference with me...

Honestly, it's how overly and unnecessarily antagonistic you tend to be when you disagree with someone.

It's not because you support Trump. It's because of the way you talk to people when you're supporting Trump.

The issue is much more your style, than it is your beliefs.

Most of the people here, like most of the people in this country, have had enough of Trump and the people who keep trying to justify or excuse every dickish thing that Trump does.

If you decide you're going to butt heads with that in an antagonistic way, then you're going to get a lot of head butting back and you're equally at fault for the head butting you get back.

That I was told directly that Trump supporters and "outsiders" on this board "don't last long" because they are reported to the mods. You want the exact quotes?

I'd like to see those quotes. Please quote them using the board's quoting system which shows the poster's name as a link to the post that you're quoting.

Please quote when someone said this to you:
    Trump supporters and "outsiders" on this board "don't last long" because they are reported to the mods

If someone did make that accusation, I certainly wouldn't cry about it. I just say okay if you think so that's fine.

Ignore their complaints about you asking if someone had alternate accounts here. They've made that accusation multiple times in the past. They are very hypocritical. They have certain rules for people they don't like, but they don't think it should apply for people they like.

What's your point here?

Who are the conservatives left here who aren't anti-Trump? It's perfectly fine to be anti-Trump, but don't act like people who support Trump here aren't constantly insulted.

Who are the conservatives left here who aren't anti-Trump? It's perfectly fine to be anti-Trump, but don't act like people who support Trump here aren't constantly insulted.
    As they should be. Supporting a traitorous piece of excrement isn’t acceptable.

Ignore their complaints about you asking if someone had alternate accounts here. They've made that accusation multiple times in the past. They are very hypocritical. They have certain rules for people they don't like, but they don't think it should apply for people they like.
    This is just not true. Either quote whoever said that or gtfo.

And the rules apply to everyone, period.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom