Trump GA Indictment (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

I may be jumping the gun, but I thought we should probably keep the 3 major indictments in their separate threads.

And this Tweet reminded me that it looks like Monday could be the day.

This one is going to be great because they will struggle with a talking point for it.

I heard a Ramaswamy interview today, and he’s claiming that all 3 indictments are novel. There is nothing novel about the documents case. The conspiracy to prevent the transition case isn’t novel either, but it took someone like Trump to commit the actions to justify charging the crimes. The only novel one is the hush money. It would’ve been better to not have brought those charges, since they’re so minor in comparison, yet people like Rama can use it to throw out this nonsense about all being novel. Rama’s arguments about novelty is not being used widely, but I think he’s testing it for traction. Since he has no chance, he’s probably being asked to test it. Almost all other Republicans, and Trump’s lawyers, are claiming he’s being indicted for free speech and for following advice of counsel. There is nothing about free speech in the indictments, and there is plenty of evidence that Trump and his lawyers knew some of his actions were illegal, and giving and taking illegal advice isn’t legal either. Since Trump’s advocates will continue to lie in public, it will take a public trial and conviction for many to finally see the light. They won’t get away with lying in the trial, so it needs to be public. The transparency is needed.

The Jan 6th indictment says that Trump tried to overturn the results in seven states

Why is Georgia the only one pursuing its own separate charges?

Shouldn’t there be six more of these?
    Yes but Georgia is AFAIK the only state where you actually have Trump on tape caught redhanded trying to persuade elected officials to change the votes. It is going to be very, very hard for him to get out of that one.

Georgia might be the first time we see a significant number of MAGA out supporting their crime daddy.

Georgia might be the first time we see a significant number of MAGA out supporting their crime daddy.
    Yeah - although the crowds in FL were a bit underwhelming weren’t they? I would think that FL should be fertile ground for MAGA.

The Jan 6th indictment says that Trump tried to overturn the results in seven states

Why is Georgia the only one pursuing its own separate charges?

Shouldn’t there be six more of these?
    Now that they have a Democrat as AG, Arizona is investigating as well...

Michigan is already arresting folks...

Oh, I also remember a couple of states that changed the wording of their fake electors certificates to make it clear they were only valid if the real electors were found to be fraudulent. I think that saved them from charges being brought.

My hopes for a Monday GA indictment are dashed. Still possible later this week though.

Looks like next week. Sigh.

The Fulton county district attorney investigating Donald Trump’s efforts to overturn the 2020 election results in Georgia has evidence to charge multiple allies of the former president involved in breaching voting machines in the state, according to two people briefed on the matter.

The potential charges at issue are computer trespass felonies, the people said, though the final list of defendants and whether they will be brought as part of a racketeering case when prosecutors are expected to present evidence to the grand jury next week remain unclear.

To bring a racketeering case under Georgia state law, prosecutors need to show the existence of an “enterprise” predicated on at least two “qualifying” crimes, of which computer trespass is one. The Guardian has reported that prosecutors believe they have sufficient evidence for a racketeering case.

The statute itself prohibits the intentional use of a computer or computer network without authorization in order to remove data, either temporarily or permanently. It also prohibits interrupting or interfering with the use of a computer, as well as altering or damaging a computer.

Prosecutors have taken a special interest in the breach of voting machines in Coffee county, Georgia, by Trump allies because of the brazen nature of the operation and the possibility that Trump was aware that his allies intended to covertly gain access to the machines.

In a series of particularly notable incidents, forensics experts hired by Trump allies copied data from virtually every part of the voting system, which is used statewide in Georgia, before uploading them to a password-protected website that could be accessed by 2020 election deniers..........

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom