Trump Administration Secretly Obtained the Phone and Email Records of a CNN Reporter (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

FullMonte

Reaction score
    Cnn is reporting that they were informed by the (current) DOJ that the former DOJ secretly obtained phone and email records of one of CNN's reporters. They have not yet been told the reason. They have been told that the reporter was not the target of an investigation.

The current theory is that the administration was trying to find out who was leaking information.

I heard on the news that it wasn't just one of CNN's reporters. That it was dozens of reporters from numerous news outlets. I don't care if the reporters weren't the target of any investigations, aren't there laws on the books to prevent this kind of abuse of power by the federal government when it comes to the press? And if so, when are charges going to be filed against Barr and/or Trump for doing this? I have to believe that Garland isn't just going to let the shenanigans of Trump's use of the DOJ as his own personal defense/attack firm slide and that they're building rock solid cases to induce plea bargains at the bottom to get to the top.

I heard on the news that it wasn't just one of CNN's reporters. That it was dozens of reporters from numerous news outlets. I don't care if the reporters weren't the target of any investigations, aren't there laws on the books to prevent this kind of abuse of power by the federal government when it comes to the press? And if so, when are charges going to be filed against Barr and/or Trump for doing this? I have to believe that Garland isn't just going to let the shenanigans of Trump's use of the DOJ as his own personal defense/attack firm slide and that they're building rock solid cases to induce plea bargains at the bottom to get to the top.
    Why do I get this sickening, subconscious feeling that the both of us could probably
    name some, if not most of these CNN reporters, past and present and if and when some of these names are released later on during the NY state AG's office or federal investigators depositions during trials, me and you and other MAP posters will resurrect this thread and gloomy and perhaps a bit aghast but not surprised the names we're nailed 8-10 months earlier.

Why do I get this sickening, subconscious feeling that the both of us could probably
    name some, if not most of these CNN reporters, past and present and if and when some of these names are released later on during the NY state AG's office or federal investigators depositions during trials, me and you and other MAP posters will resurrect this thread and gloomy and perhaps a bit aghast but not surprised the names we're nailed 8-10 months earlier.

Let me on this action. Katy Tur would be my first submission. This submission isn't exactly guesswork, here. There's a demonstrative record of how the Trump campaign (and Trump himself) treated Tur.

Brianna Keliar would be another I think would be on the list. And I don't think it would be any surprising coincidence that most on this list will be women who have been critical of his presidency one way or another.

Let me on this action. Katy Tur would be my first submission. This submission isn't exactly guesswork, here. There's a demonstrative record of how the Trump campaign (and Trump himself) treated Tur.

Brianna Keliar would be another I think would be on the list. And I don't think it would be any surprising coincidence that most on this list will be women who have been critical of his presidency one way or another.
    Don Lemon, Jim Acosta, Chris Cuomo, Jake Tapper I'm sure are on there. It wouldn't surprise me if Anderson Cooper's name made periodic appearances. Likely Erin Burnett and maybe 60/40 or 50/50 odds differential that Chris Wallace will be on there, too. This is Trump's more extreme illegal, more digitally advanced wire-tapping equivalent of President Richard Nixon's very long "political enemies or potential subvervices" shirt list, which strangely included Joe Namath and IIRC, Howard Cowell.

Then again, Cosell,.as great and legendary of a MNF and boxing commentator, gave a lot of people, groups, opposing teams fans and op-ed writers and columnists more then his fair share of reasons to dislike or hate it. He was a self-righteous prig, who always saw his ideas, beliefs, and motives as being more higher and noble then most people he knew or worked with. He didnt play a forking down in his life or got his arse or brain concussed once, but yet he assumed he knew more about football, strategy, weekly team preparation for games and how different teams' motives or moods were then the two MNF co-anchors who ACTUALLY PLAY THE forkING GAME and sometimes told his smug arse to shut up because he didnt what he was talking about or assuming in generalities.

He also fatally misjudged the true character, personal morals and ethics of one O.J. Simpson and that he was a "kind, thoughtful, humane sort of person" and ridiculed John Madden as a dumb, stupid herd-mentality jock who probably was a great HC because he had a great, HOF owner and Ron Wolf, Raiders legendary director of player personnel, making wise, intelligent draft classes and saavy, keen, timely trades. He scoffed at the notion that John Madden could one day become a more popular, beloved, multi-generational media personality who me and you, Reb adored and were transfixed by growing up.

Whenever John Madden and Pat Summerall showed up in New Orleans to cover Saints games from 1981 to 2001, Reb it meant as Saints fans, our team meant something or was playing a huge, critical high-stakes game. The 1980's were when our franchise began to make slow, eventually large steps to becoming the Saints, not the Aints of the Dark Age 1970's where we were overjoyed if we won 7 or 8 games.

Last edited:
    Don Lemon, Jim Acosta, Chris Cuomo, Jake Tapper I'm sure are on there. It wouldn't surprise me if Anderson Cooper's name made periodic appearances. Likely Erin Burnett and maybe 60/40 or 50/50 odds differential that Chris Wallace will be on there, too. This is Trump's more extreme illegal, more digitally advanced wire-tapping equivalent of President Richard Nixon's very long "political enemies or potential subvervices" shirt list, which strangely included Joe Namath.

can probably add Kaitlyn Collins and Dana Bash too

That's actually a really good book. I read it about two years ago, I guess. Was giving my mom my copy of Fear, the Bob Woodward book (the first one on Trump) and she gave me that book in return. I didn't think I'd like it but it was a really good read and Katy Tur is a great writer and really interesting person, so it turns out. She just had another kid as well. Saw her husband interviewed this morning. Had no clue he works for CBS News. They don't share a last name. On air at least.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom