Trump’s Mental State (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    This deranged post seems to have broken through the general election noise today. First the post itself:

1723401114035.png

The hetero sectional male says that immigrants are eating our puppies 😲 Blames Harris.

Screenshot_20240909-113244.png
    is that real?

So illegal immigrants are stealing your jobs, robbing and or killing your friends and family, raping your women and now they are eating your pets

And all because Kamala Harris hasn't secured the well known Haiti/Ohio border

Evidently there was a woman who ate a cat in Springfield. But she was a US citizen. MAGA, like always, lies about something that happened for propaganda purposes.

From a guy on Twitter who routinely discusses Trump’s mental state.

“I'm requesting all of my followers repeat - 100 times if necessary- that everything Trump says is PROJECTION and CONFESSION. And - ALSO - everything his enablers say is designed to shock the electorate, elicit dopamine rushes from the base, and- increasingly -feed their narcissistically famished overlord, who is not only losing, but cognitively cratering. THIS is reality.
    (Those who don't want to actually repeat it, can repeat it symbolically by just keeping it front and center in your minds.)

"Harris is losing momentum" means "Harris' momentum is increasing and it's scaring us."

"Harris has not spoken to policy" means "Trump has no policy and no ideology."

"Migrants are eating ducks and cats" means "We can peddle more chaos and doom than she can peddle joy and optimism."

It ALSO means: "We are out of f*cking ideas, our guy is f*cking nuts, we see he's faltering, he only knows one way so we think maybe migrants eating pets will somehow energize him for the stretch run ... we really don't know what else to say or do."”

Evidently there was a woman who ate a cat in Springfield. But she was a US citizen. MAGA, like always, lies about something that happened for propaganda purposes.

and the man she lives with...is a registered Republican.

But none of that matters at this point. The narrative is set. The algo has kicked in and boosted on X to where it doesnt matter what the truth actually is. Even Leon sent a tweet about it.

Let that go. Just another in a looooooong list of absolute farces that seemingly get amplified and spoken as truth among the MAGA crowd.

They've done that repeatedly. Every "ILLEGAL" that MAGA accuses of doing something horrible, and spreads it all over the internet, turns out to be an American citizen. :rolleyes:

is that real?

So illegal immigrants are stealing your jobs, robbing and or killing your friends and family, raping your women and now they are eating your pets

And all because Kamala Harris hasn't secured the well known Haiti/Ohio border
    Immigrants are really hard workers. I know I don't have a strong enough work ethic to take your job, rob you, kill a few of your loved ones, rape a bit, and eat a few pets. That's so much work.

Seemingly out of the blue Monday morning, supporters of former president Donald Trump began posting myriad AI-generated images depicting the Republican presidential nominee as a savior. Not of the American Dream or of Christianity, mind you, the normal targets of such praise. Instead, Trump was shown protecting ducks and kitty cats.

If you are not a denizen of the right’s conversational bubble, this will probably strike you as incomprehensible. If you are such a denizen, though, you know what’s happening: Trump and his allies — and his running mate! — are elevating false or unsubstantiated claims about immigrants injuring and eating pets and other animals. And of course, blaming the Biden administration and Trump’s opponent, Vice President Kamala Harris, for this thing-that-is-not-demonstrably-happening happening.

The claim centers on Springfield, Ohio, a small city a bit southwest of the state capital of Columbus. A screenshot of a Facebook post purportedly from a local resident warns that the author’s neighbor’s daughter’s friend had discovered that her neighbors — supposedly Haitian immigrants — were trying to eat her cat. She also claimed (this time crediting “Rangers & police”) that similar fates were befalling ducks and geese at a local park.

This message was clipped and shared by a putative breaking-news account on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter. It was paired with a photo of a Black man carrying a goose and walking down a street. In short order, the post was picked up by a number of prominent voices on the right, including Trump adviser Stephen Miller.

From there it metastasized, with people plucking pieces of information off the internet and attaching it to the original claim as though it was supporting evidence. A guy at a community meeting mentioned the ducks! An Ohio woman was recently arrested for eating a cat! Just proves the point.

Except that the guy carrying the goose was photographed in Columbus a month ago and is not obviously an immigrant from Haiti, much less one in Springfield.

And except that the woman arrested for eating the cat was also not obviously an immigrant — and was arrested in a different Ohio town about 100 miles northeast of Springfield.

And except that the local police say they have no reports of pets being stolen in a manner consistent with the posts. That guy who mentioned the ducks? A local podcaster wearing a sweatshirt promoting his mayoral bid in next year’s election................

The story snowballed from various unverified reports, with people all over X and other platforms chucking their own little hunks of snow at it. In MAGA world, the alleged pet-eating is already a matter of fact, and Republican elected officials, including Vance, are hurrying to join the clout rush, the scramble to get attention and likes and followers by treating it as a serious issue.

This is a central reason that Vance and others on the right are susceptible to being described as “weird.” There’s an online world in which things get taken to the nth-degree because its economy rewards that sort of hyperbole. But then these obsessions and claims are taken out of that bubble and presented to everyone else and they don’t hold up. What else can you do but marvel at how strange it all is?................

Seemingly out of the blue Monday morning, supporters of former president Donald Trump began posting myriad AI-generated images depicting the Republican presidential nominee as a savior. Not of the American Dream or of Christianity, mind you, the normal targets of such praise. Instead, Trump was shown protecting ducks and kitty cats.

If you are not a denizen of the right’s conversational bubble, this will probably strike you as incomprehensible. If you are such a denizen, though, you know what’s happening: Trump and his allies — and his running mate! — are elevating false or unsubstantiated claims about immigrants injuring and eating pets and other animals. And of course, blaming the Biden administration and Trump’s opponent, Vice President Kamala Harris, for this thing-that-is-not-demonstrably-happening happening.

The claim centers on Springfield, Ohio, a small city a bit southwest of the state capital of Columbus. A screenshot of a Facebook post purportedly from a local resident warns that the author’s neighbor’s daughter’s friend had discovered that her neighbors — supposedly Haitian immigrants — were trying to eat her cat. She also claimed (this time crediting “Rangers & police”) that similar fates were befalling ducks and geese at a local park.

This message was clipped and shared by a putative breaking-news account on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter. It was paired with a photo of a Black man carrying a goose and walking down a street. In short order, the post was picked up by a number of prominent voices on the right, including Trump adviser Stephen Miller.

From there it metastasized, with people plucking pieces of information off the internet and attaching it to the original claim as though it was supporting evidence. A guy at a community meeting mentioned the ducks! An Ohio woman was recently arrested for eating a cat! Just proves the point.

Except that the guy carrying the goose was photographed in Columbus a month ago and is not obviously an immigrant from Haiti, much less one in Springfield.

And except that the woman arrested for eating the cat was also not obviously an immigrant — and was arrested in a different Ohio town about 100 miles northeast of Springfield.

And except that the local police say they have no reports of pets being stolen in a manner consistent with the posts. That guy who mentioned the ducks? A local podcaster wearing a sweatshirt promoting his mayoral bid in next year’s election................

The story snowballed from various unverified reports, with people all over X and other platforms chucking their own little hunks of snow at it. In MAGA world, the alleged pet-eating is already a matter of fact, and Republican elected officials, including Vance, are hurrying to join the clout rush, the scramble to get attention and likes and followers by treating it as a serious issue.

This is a central reason that Vance and others on the right are susceptible to being described as “weird.” There’s an online world in which things get taken to the nth-degree because its economy rewards that sort of hyperbole. But then these obsessions and claims are taken out of that bubble and presented to everyone else and they don’t hold up. What else can you do but marvel at how strange it all is?................

We are well past the critical threshold of the percentage of idiots a country can have and still sustain itself. If anything dooms us, it's that.

One of the failed promises of the internet is that it would make people more informed and smarter. That has not happened.

We are well past the critical threshold of the percentage of idiots a country can have and still sustain itself. If anything dooms us, it's that.

One of the failed promises of the internet is that it would make people more informed and smarter. That has not happened.
    Just the opposite, in reality. It’s a damn shame.

Despite the vagaries of it, I think people should have to pass a basic mental test before voting. I think all sane people should be able to vote, but when you've lost your sense of reality or lost your mind, you should also lose your privilege to elect our leaders. I know there are many pitfalls, but it is crazy that we have no standards. We went from an extreme of only landowners being allowed to vote to literally every citizen, no matter their state of mind. My mom has dementia, and I know she and my stepdad already had the onset of dementia in 2020, yet both voted. I have an aunt that has early stages of dementia, and she is going to vote. Trump has something wrong with him now that is much worse than it was 4 years ago, and while I think he would still pass a mental test, a lot of his supporters wouldn't.

Despite the vagaries of it, I think people should have to pass a basic mental test before voting. I think all sane people should be able to vote, but when you've lost your sense of reality or lost your mind, you should also lose your privilege to elect our leaders. I know there are many pitfalls, but it is crazy that we have no standards. We went from an extreme of only landowners being allowed to vote to literally every citizen, no matter their state of mind. My mom has dementia, and I know she and my stepdad already had the onset of dementia in 2020, yet both voted. I have an aunt that has early stages of dementia, and she is going to vote. Trump has something wrong with him now that is much worse than it was 4 years ago, and while I think he would still pass a mental test, a lot of his supporters wouldn't.
    I agree in principle, but you have to put a lot of checks and safeguards in place to make sure the devil is kept out of the details. If that system is corrupted in any way, it would be one of the most powerful and oppressive tools for voter suppression and authoritarianism.

Sometimes it's best to just keep the dirty bath water rather than risk throwing out the baby.

No.

Even at his worst Biden was no where near what Trump displays on a regular basis
    =============================

Leading mental health experts, including a former White House doctor, have expressed alarm over Donald Trump’s mental faculties, suggesting he’s showing signs of “cognitive decline.”

Several experts told The Independent their concerns about the Republican presidential nominee are similar to those they had about President Joe Biden before he dropped out of the race, warning Trump appears to “have lost touch with reality,” as exhibited by the 78-year-old’s “rambling” speeches and “erratic” debate performance.

They join a growing number of mental health professionals calling for independent and objective cognitive testing as November’s election edges closer.

Biden, 81, faced a deluge of questions about his mental fitness for another four years in office following his disastrous debate against Trumpin June when he repeatedly stumbled over his words and trailed off. Now, all eyes are on Trump, who is prone to incoherent tangents and bizarre musings.

That was on full display at Monday night’s rally in Pennsylvania, where Trump was mocked for his “word salads.”He said of Kamala Harris: “She had the other interview with the other guy who was a nice guy I think from Philadelphia from Pennsylvania, he was a nice guy, he was asking her all these [inaudible] — the daily take — they don’t take like I do! Anybody wants to go, go what the hell differences they make — they have — and how dishonest was ABC...”

But Trump insists he is “cognitively very strong.”…..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom