- Oct 6, 2018
- Reaction score
- Sunset, Louisiana
Below are some of the top political news stories of the day: ¯\_(?)_/¯
- Trial highlights: Dershowitz backtracks, Paul thwarted - AP | Highlights of Thursday’s session and what’s ahead...
- Impeachment closing arguments slated to begin Friday afternoon - The Hill | Senate Republicans are planning for four hours of closing arguments
- Democrats are fed up with Facebook - VOX | Facebook seems to be bending over backward to keep the GOP happy...
- Republicans grow confident they can defeat witness vote, end trial - Politico | Mitch McConnell and the GOP Senate could get Trump acquitted by Friday.
- Justice Roberts refuses to read question from Sen. Rand Paul – live impeachment trial updates - USA Today | Democrats see hope in having Chief Justice Roberts break a tie.
- Warren puts Justice Roberts in awkward spot with Supreme Court legitimacy question - The Hill | The question appeared to create discomfort for Roberts...
- Trump vs. SF, Trump with Hannity: Get ready for a very political Super Bowl - SF Chronicle | Howard Bryant “The message that they’re (NFL) sending is that they think the public is stupid,”
- Pompeo heads to Kyiv under shadow of political ‘theater’ - PRI | US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo flies to Ukraine today and the timing is — awkward.
- Sen. Rand Paul fumes after Chief Justice Roberts refuses his whistleblower question - Fox News | The presiding officer declines to read the question as submitted,' - Chief Justice Roberts
- Note-passing and power: Moderates team up at Trump trial - AP | The query referred to the president’s private lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, pressuring Ukraine to give Trump political help...
- Trump, at Iowa rally, taunts Dems before caucuses: 'We're beating them all' - FOX News | Trump took the stage at Drexel University in Des Moines for his fourth rally of the year...
- Trump to create post to focus on solely human trafficking - AP | Trump is expected to create the position by executive order Friday after he addresses a human trafficking summit...