Today's Political News Compilation - Wednesday, Oct. 16, 2024 (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

• Admin
    map.png
    Below are some of the top political news stories of the day:

1729142318179.png

AP Screen Capture

ap.png
    Harris’ interview with Fox News is marked by testy exchanges over immigration and more​

By ZEKE MILLER
    Updated 8:35 PM CDT, October 16, 2024

WASHINGTON (AP) — Vice President Kamala Harris engaged in a combative interview with Fox News on Wednesday, sparring with anchor Bret Baier on immigration and shifting policy positions while asserting that if elected, she would not represent a continuation of Joe Biden’s presidency.

Harris’ interview marked her first foray onto the network, which is popular with conservative viewers, as she looked to broaden her outreach to GOP-leaning voters with less than three weeks until Election Day. Her nearly 30-minute sit-down with Baier repeatedly grew heated, with the two talking over each other.

When Baier kept talking as Harris tried to respond to his challenges on immigration, Harris said: “May I please finish? ... You have to let me finish, please.”

Harris tried repeatedly to pivot the conversation to attacking Donald Trump. But she also had plenty to say about herself.

A week after saying she couldn’t think of any move made by Biden that she would have done differently, Harris asserted, “My presidency will not be a continuation of Joe Biden’s presidency.” ...

READ THE FULL STORY - AP

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Owner/Webmaster

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
    Top Bottom