Thought I had about Supreme Court. (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

BobE

Guv'nor
    Reaction score
    I guess to kick off the new site I would see what others thought of an idea I had after seeing RBG was out again due to illness. What would the boards thought be on a term limit for USSC judges. Under the thought I had a 10 year limit would be good. Also who ever is POTUS makes the nomination regardless of time left in office. So under this scenario RBG, Roberts and Thomas (feel like I'm forgetting one) would no longer be on the bench and Garland would.

Thought? Opinions? DIAF?

You make them sound like the NRA, lol. I doubt it's gotten that bad.

I don't know anything about these judges, but I'll take the ABA's word about their qualifications over that of random internet blog person.

You maybe should not take the word of an organization that you don’t know anything about. Seems you may want to read the articles above to give you some insight and then make a partisan decision 😛(I’m kidding)

no, no... Waffle House is sophisticated as heck under that 'aw shucks' exterior. That place is run lean and mean.

There's a reason there's such a thing as the "Waffle House Index"

They are able to stay open longer, and open earlier after natural disasters. They have an incredible supply line system. They also give federal agencies some idea of when the entire community might rebound.

Waffle House looks like a ramshackle organization, but underneath the hood - you're going to find some super impressive engineering.

Waffle House brushes off Hurricane Katrina, while Popeye's can't handle... a sandwich.

What would a "Popeye's Index" tell us?

I love love love Popeye's. The more dysfunctional, the better. But even *I* would not want to know what a Popeye's Index would measure.

Our company is like Waffle House. We will always be the first auto parts chain to open (or never close) for a natural or unnatural disaster.

I remember after Katrina, other than us, the only thing open was, wait for it, Waffle House. It was the best white bread, frozen burger I ever tasted.

Articles? It’s one opinion piece where the poster added one of the links in the article that references a WSJ editorial from 2006.

Though I’m not sure anyone would argue they don’t have defined ideological positions. That tends to happen when you have a democratic organizational system that is going to require internal rule-setting and judgements that ultimately weigh on matters of public import. But the evidence to the thesis statements and posture of those in here toward their separate operation of passing qualifying judgements on nominees is lacking if the NR article is meant to be the qualifying evidence for those statements.

You maybe should not take the word of an organization that you don’t know anything about. Seems you may want to read the articles above to give you some insight and then make a partisan decision 😛(I’m kidding)

I read the article, it left me unconvinced. I'm not sure why I would take the word of one author in an opinion piece over that of a professional organization with many members who's responsibility it is to apply a comprehensive and equitable assessment of the performance and qualification of justices.

Not to say that a professional or governmental organization can't be corrupted from the inside, I think we see evidence of that right now at places like the EPA, State Department and Justice Department because of the leadership in place and their goals. But the examples given in the article posted fall short of providing substantial proof that any such thing is happening with the ABA.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom