Theists...what is the best argument against the existence of God? (1 Viewer)

< Previous | Next >

Brennan77

Reaction score
If you describe yourself as a theist, I ask you to share with the community what you consider to be the most compelling argument against the existence of God.

Beach Friends

Reaction score
Portland, OR.

Seriously, I have more questions about why specific writings should be believed as the Word of God than I do the "existence of God."

Last edited:
OP

Brennan77

Reaction score
Portland, OR.

Seriously, I have more questions about why specific writings should be believed as the Word of God than I do the "existence of God."
That's a really good question as well. For me, it's a question that only begins having first established that God is real and that we are capable of recognizing and knowing Him.

So if I were to connect it to the original question, I might categorize this as a doubt in our own ability to know of God or understand His communication assuming He desired to reveal himself. But that at best leads us to agnosticism rather than being able to assert that God does not exist.

Last edited by a moderator:

UncleTrvlingJim

Reaction score
For me, it's that the theory of God, if you will, is not falsifiable. Therefore, it's impossible to prove or disprove, which is rather unsatisfactory for me.

MT15

Reaction score
I don‘t neatly fall into either category. But I guess the best case against God for me is the sheer randomness of what we view as The Bible, what was included, what was excluded, how it was decided. I have a hard time thinking every step of the way was divinely inspired, and that it’s a perfect representation of the Christian faith.

Every time I think of something else, when I actually examine it, it turns out to be a human failing in religion rather than an argument against the existence of God. I have several problems with various sects of Christianity and some other religions as well, although I know much less about religions other than Christianity.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

< Previous | Next >

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom